Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dunni
    replied
    So, another post in this thread, though my request or question is a little bit different.

The situation is, that my receiver sometimes (every 3-4 weeks) stops working or sending data to FR24. I only recognize that, when my Business subscription is suspended, so I would like to implement a monitoring there, first on the receiver side, but also i wanted to check the timestamp, when the last data was uploaded to FR24. Is there any way to get the timestamp on an API level? I guess i can also do just a normal login and do a bit site scraping to get the information, though API would be easier.

Leave a comment:

• Gaelan
    replied
    Hi Sam26K,

Unfortunately the answer remains the same as originally posted by Mike. Flightradar24 doesn't provide access to open API. Thanks however for your interest

Originally posted by Sam26K View Post
    I know this is a very old thread, but is there any new updates on the OP's original question about API access?

One thing that was mentioned was establishing the willing participants (Yes or NO). It might make an interesting Social path to accurate data. I.E. Establishing contact with other local feeders and a larger social network directly related to people with ADS-B feeds.

Leave a comment:

• Sam26K
    replied
    I know this is a very old thread, but is there any new updates on the OP's original question about API access?

One thing that was mentioned was establishing the willing participants (Yes or NO). It might make an interesting Social path to accurate data. I.E. Establishing contact with other local feeders and a larger social network directly related to people with ADS-B feeds.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Sorry at first for my bad english :-(
    I'm a radio amateur and I'm interested in radio contacts with equipment into the frequency range between 1200Mhz and 10.368Mhz. We use big thunderstorms clouds as passive reflection points to made contacts over the horizon ("rainscatter"). I know that some amateurs using airplanes as reflection points ("airscatter" or "planescatter") so it's possible to have radio contacts at 1296Mhz from south-west of germany to the south of sweden!!! But...we must turn our antennas (parabolic dishes) by hand and this is not realy reproducible. The idea: two stations using datas from ADS-B receivers and arrange a contact via a well-suited plane in the middle of the distance between the station. The parabolic dishes are driven with motors for azimut and elevation and some of this rotors having interfaces for computers (to track some ham-radio-satellites ore the ISS ore the moon as passive reflection point). If there was a API for such subsystems the group of radioamateurs can use this API to track flights with the dishes and some of them would buy a own ADS-B System to closed white areas. Is there any chance to get such informations from the system?

Regards, Torsten
    Last edited by DorSachse; 2010-10-19, 07:22.

Leave a comment:

• jean
    replied
    I am new here so forgive if i misunderstand a lot of things...

My understanding is that data contributors are enthusiasts who are willing to share their data for other enthusiasts, but not for commercial purpose (ie: don't make money on my back). It seems the idea of API keys with a signed license could solve that, may be combined with an approval of the application.

That would enable hobbyists to develop new applications: for instance FR24 does not have the time to port to all the mobile phone under the sun but a bunch of other people may be interested to write a *free* app on, say, symbian or windows 7 mobile. Or like Tomw above some people may have great ideas for new apps that FR24 is not interested in developing. In other words, radar owners are data contributors (money for the radar receiver, bandwidth) and some other enthusiasts may be application contributors (time to develop, test and maintain the application).

The data contributors may be interested in some of these apps and therefore get back something for their contribution.

The second point is that i found another side (radarvirtuel.com) which also relies on the same principles of generous data contributors, but i guess a receiver owner probably does not contribute to both websites. With an API at each of these websites, all the contributors' data could be consolidated and the applications would have a better coverage for the benefit of everyone.

My 2 (uninformed) cents...

Leave a comment:

• JohnHunsley
    replied
    yeah thats the missing bit, but it will get you everything else, Callsign, destination etc...

Leave a comment:

• Anmer
    replied
    I don't think the Libhomeradar API will provide realtime positional data. But I may be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• JohnHunsley
    replied
    Hi,

I was looking for a similar API, this will get you pretty much all the info you require, however you'll still need some way to get all aircraft within a given area

http://www.libhomeradar.org/api/index.php

john

Leave a comment:

• Admin
    replied
    We have almost 150 people sharing their data with FR24. So in this case actually my, Anmers or delcomps opinion is not so interesting, if there are lots of users who don't want their data to appear outside of FR24. Right now we are working on several new features asked by FR24 users, but there is a possibility that sometime in the future we will look at API, but that is far in the future. And first we must ask every person sharing about their permission. I can't promise anything about the future, but for now there is NO API available.

Leave a comment:

• Anmer
    replied
    My position is quite clear. I would not be too happy if the data I uploaded to FR24 were distributed, without my prior permission, to a third party, especially if that third party were to gain a commercial benefit, directly or indirectly.

So, in summary, I'm not against further use of my data, as long as I know how and where it's being used and my prior permission is obtained. But I suspect, like me, those who feed FR24 also use their receiver software as the primary application, such as Basestation, RadarBox, PlanePlotter and/or Aurora.

Leave a comment:

• woody
    replied
    I am a developer on various computer platforms and when I heard about flightrader24 I got really excited about the possibility of getting access to that data and its potential. If the data was released undersome sort of non-commercial licence, which is easily possible with API keys, why would the fellow data suppliers get angry and pull their data? Surely the data contributors put their data in to help fellow enthusiasts and I fail to understand how opening up the data feed could hurt them. If anything, it is the opposite situation. If the data feed was opened, then those fellow aviation enthusiasts you talk about could be the people accessing the data and creating even more interesting representations of the data. I can understand contributors getting angry if companies are benefiting off their hard work and I support that view. However if the data feed was released under the appropriate licence the only valid reason I can see for not making the data feed public is that it will increase the bandwidth and therefore the running cost of the site. If the owners of flightrader24 believe this will cause problems then I can understand. Other than that though I believe opening up the feed to non-commercial developers will only benefit the community.

Anmer, Mike and delcomp it would be great to hear your views on this.

Leave a comment:

• Anmer
    replied
    I don't disagree, my concern is if my data was used, without permission, by others (not FR24) who would gain a benefit.

Leave a comment:

• Charky
    replied
    Speaking for myself it would be ok, if the money earned is used by FR24 to sponsor receivers and to cover the running cost for the servers and the page.

Leave a comment:

• delcomp
    replied
    Totally Agree.!

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
    A large amount of the data displayed in FR24 is uploaded free of charge from those of us who have invested time and a not inconsiderable amount of money in our ModeS receivers.

I'm sure many would not take too kindly to seeing their data used elsewhere, without permission, possibly for the commercial benefit of others.

AirNav Systems "collects" data from its customers, without permission, and sells it back as a shared network. This angers many AirNav customers who then find ways to stop uploading data to the AirNav server.

FR24 survives on the goodwill of fellow aviation enthusiasts who may withdraw their data if they thought it was being used elsewhere. Just my personal opinion.
    With your last paragraph.,I would go so far as to say.:

FR24 survives on the goodwill of fellow aviation enthusiasts who would withdraw their data if they thought it was being used elsewhere. Just our personal opinion

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    There are several users sharing with FR24 who expressed a wish that their data is not used outside FR24. For others it's OK. Right now we cannot divide the data into free to use and not free. Maybe we can arrange that in the future.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X