Cockpit View Pixelated, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cockpit View Pixelated, etc.

Hello. When I go to the Cockpit View, a banner comes up saying something like "Loading, wait 16 seconds". I wait the required time or longer but the
    picture is very poor, looks pixellated, jumps around, and doesnt seem to be indicative of what should be on the route. For example I was just watching
    an aircraft crossing a narrow body of water, however that wasnt indicated on the Cockpit View. Also the banner that is on screen doesnt disappear so
    that also makes for a difficult view. Am I doing something incorrectly? Thanks for any information.

Please post a screenshot

Comment

Screen shot attached:

ishot-2849.jpg
      Last edited by p38p51; 2013-04-27, 20:46.

Comment

Short video showing 'shimmering' or movement within the cockpit view picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/p38p40p...in/photostream
        (once you comment on the video I will delete it).

The banner that would not disappear is no longer a problem, the only problem would be the pixelating in the top portion and the shimmering or bouncing up and down of portions of the picture.
        Thanks for your assistance.
        Last edited by p38p51; 2013-04-27, 20:46.

Comment

that looks to be google maps rendering not able to be displayed fast enough. so is constantly redrawing
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

It looks like an issue with your graphic card. One possibility is that it's not rendering fast enough and another is that is something wrong with the driver. Please check if there is another driver for your graphic card. You can also try to enable the aircraft, it sometime helps reducing the flickering.

Comment

Hi
              I have exactly the same problem.
              But when I take the view where you can see the plane, everything is normal. There are also times where I can take the cockpit view with no problems. I use the Internet Browser Firefox.
              Now that would be cool if it's the graphics card.
              I have since once made a picture of the problem.
              Flight.jpg
              As you can see, things are that are further away, blurry and flickering.
              Thanks for the help!

Sebastian
              Last edited by EasyRider; 2013-04-28, 11:45.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyRider View Post
                Hi
                I have exactly the same problem.
                But when I take the view where you can see the plane, everything is normal. There are also times where I can take the cockpit view with no problems. I use the Internet Browser Firefox.
                Now that would be cool if it's the graphics card.
                I have since once made a picture of the problem.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]2019[/ATTACH]
                As you can see, things are that are further away, blurry and flickering.
                Thanks for the help!

Sebastian
                The same answer as above
                It looks like an issue with your graphic card. One possibility is that it's not rendering fast enough and another is that is something wrong with the driver. Please check if there is another driver for your graphic card. You can also try to enable the aircraft, it sometime helps reducing the flickering.

Comment

Thanks Mike, can you advise what you mean by 'enabling the aircraft'? I'm not familiar on how to go about looking for a driver for the graphics card, but will Google it and see what I come up with. I am using a
                  Mac OS 10.8.3, 12 GB Ram and ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB Graphics Card. I am using Firefox. RadarBox Pilot' View works just fine. Again, thanks for your assistance.ishot-2850.jpg

Comment

On the black panel of 'Cockpit View' you will see four toggle switches, the one that says 'VIEW' can be changed from 'COCKPIT' to 'AIRCRAFT' also i find if you turn 'INFO' to 'OFF' the pixilatation goes away.
                    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Thanks for the assistance speedbird1960 (I used to communicate BA Polar Flight aircraft in the early 60's)--I'm attaching a screen shot and yes that has cleared up the pixelating and 'shimmering' problems.
                      I wonder why the COCKPIT view wont work as well? I am new to the forum so have plenty to learn!ishot-2851.jpg

Comment

I have now also turned off everything except the cockpit view. The problem still exists, except when I let the airplane show with. Well no matter, I have to stand it.

Comment

Easy rider keep tuned, maybe an overall solution will show up yet! Cheers.

Comment

If you run the full google earth client and zoom to the same level and move around the map does it do the same? If so this will point at a resource/driver issue.
                            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks for the input Oblivian, but I don't know what you mean by 'running the full Google Earth client'? Can you clarify please. Thanks. Another question I have, which I suppose I should post to a new thread, is that my Premium account does not seem to be active as I notice adverts plus the program is timing out. Cheers. Attaching two screen shots for your info.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by p38p51; 2013-04-28, 21:44.

Comment

Working...
                              X