Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 41south
    replied
    Are folks here using wired or wireless connections to the Pi? If wireless which make/model of wireless dongles are working? I had read that there was only a limited number, but that was a while back.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    I use adsbox and every new version later than the last 2012 version, stops working after a while. Same problem with the 323s FR24 feeder software. The 225s is flawless.

RPi doesn't like change

Leave a comment:

• roofer
    replied
    Hello Ben,
    I had the same problem with fr24feed_arm-le_232s on my RPi: it was running, and appeared to be working, but the FR24 server never listened to it.
    I am using the original dump1090, not the one that adds the time fields (though maybe I should use that one as I now have a GPS puck attached to the RPI, so it is a ntp "Stratum 0" timeserver for my LAN)
    I went back to using fr24feed_arm-le_225s and that is working fine.

Leave a comment:

• CubDriver
    replied
    Thanks to Roofer and Oblivian... I was struggling to follow the Linux Feeder Software thread due to its length!

I am fairly new to FR24... I am working on a project to install RPi based FR24 feeders on several of the surrounding mountains in my area (South central British Columbia, Canada) along the Canada/USA border.

I am using Rev B Raspberry Pi boards running latest version of Raspbian Wheezy, with RTL2832U/R820T dongles, RTL-SDR and the latest build of MalcolmRobb's fork of Dump1090 along with fr24feed_arm-le_232s

Everything went smoothly (couldn't have been easier!) and appeared to be working fine. Any time Dump1090 shows traffic with lat/long I see corresponding "[i]sent 1 planes in 1 packets"

However, after a while the feeder seems to slow down and eventually after a couple of hours the feeder stops working all together. The program is still running and very occasionally it spits out a line (maybe a ping, maybe a [i]sent..) but for all intents and purposes it is dead. CRTL-C kills it with no problems, and if I immediately restart the feeder program, it will again work fine for a short period of time.

Wondering if anyone has any advice or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    I actually mashed the more help-based info into 1 thread, but most are overlooking it.

http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...Tuner-Decoding

Leave a comment:

• roofer
    started a topic Linux, Raspberry Pi, RPi, and FR24

Linux, Raspberry Pi, RPi, and FR24

I started this thread because the http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...-Flightradar24 was getting to be way too long, and trying to cover everything.

Which isn't possible.

Please post here your thoughts, ideas, and achievements relating to linux, FR24 and the Raspberry Pi (as many of us seem to be using it).

Best wishes.
Working...
X