X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does aircraft sometimes jump?

I observed this very strange behavior:
    Jump.JPG
    It happens at the very end of a flight to Napier in New Zealand (NPE/NZNR). The place is rather remote and only covered by one receiver T-NZNR1.
    When the aircraft has landed it jump to a position about 60-70 kilometers to the west. It seems like only the longtitude is affected.

The route is operated by only two aircraft ZK-MVA and ZK-MVB and the same behavior is not seen when they fly to other distinations.

I understand that the receiver most likely lost contact with the flight after touchdown, but why this jump. I have seen it a number of times.

cheers

I got a feeling his receiver or SW is providing bad data. Not sure he/she is a forum member either to let them adjust the sensitivity setting either
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I suspect he's using adsbScope which doesn't handle on-ground messages correctly.

Comment

I have just joined the Forum. I have ordered the gear to become a spotter. Hope I can work out how to set it up. I am 2.54 NM south of the centre of Napier runway. My antenna will be approx 9 m above sea level. Yes these Napier aircraft dance all around the sky like crabs.

Comment

Alcra, Welcome! But feel free to start a new thread instead of responding to a 3 year old thread .

Comment

I am new to this and an ole guy who has no idea what he is doing on a computer. Joined up and searched Napier NZ and this the only thing that came up. Thanks for advise. I will need your guys advise when my Raspberry PI 3 and Dongle arrive. Pensioner with no knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Alcra View Post
              I am new to this and an ole guy who has no idea what he is doing on a computer. Joined up and searched Napier NZ and this the only thing that came up. Thanks for advise. I will need your guys advise when my Raspberry PI 3 and Dongle arrive. Pensioner with no knowledge
              We have a NZ based group

Does anyone know when the website would get radar in New Zealand or any other websites that do?
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
              X