Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flightradar24.com Premium Login - Remember Me login setting problem

Hi All,

I'm happily using the Premium web version of Flightradar24 on Windows 8. I payed the subscription and enjoy the extra features. One thing that I can't work out though is getting the web version to remember my login details, despite ticking the Remember Me option when logging in. I'm using a private computer and accept cookies, so that's not a problem, and my passwords/logins are remembered for other websites I visit.

This glitch happens on three different computers of mine, so I don't think it's restricted to one computer. Anyone else have this problem and/or any fixes? It's a bit of a hassle to have paid for a premium service and then have to login each time even though I've ticked the Remember Me option.

Just a note - this problem only occurs after I restart the computer. If I just close the website, then restart it without switching the computer off, it remembers me.

Sorry if I missed a thread on this subject somewhere else, but I didn't a search and found nothing.

Many thanks,

Tim

I have the same experience. I first thought it was due to using the account on multiple computers, but now I'm only using one so I doubt that very much.
    ENFB.net
    Radarstation KGVL

Comment

It must be a bug they haven't identified yet with cookies . I went to the cookie itself and deleted it, hoping it would clear the old settings, but the same problem after.

Another thing they could do to improve the system is to be able to save a template - the ability to save a viewing region and its settings by a file name or preferences, so that it would be possible to set western Europe (with the exact settings you prefer) as Europe1 for example, then have another preference, say northeastern USA, as USA1. It's very fiddly to have to change regions and zoom in and slide the map around to your viewing preferences for each region. I hope they incorporate these ideas in the next version. After all, the premium payers should get a few more benefits other than the suppression of the adverts and the timeouts.

Cheers

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by tjjohn61 View Post
        Hi All,

I'm happily using the Premium web version of Flightradar24 on Windows 8. I payed the subscription and enjoy the extra features. One thing that I can't work out though is getting the web version to remember my login details, despite ticking the Remember Me option when logging in. I'm using a private computer and accept cookies, so that's not a problem, and my passwords/logins are remembered for other websites I visit.

This glitch happens on three different computers of mine, so I don't think it's restricted to one computer. Anyone else have this problem and/or any fixes? It's a bit of a hassle to have paid for a premium service and then have to login each time even though I've ticked the Remember Me option.

Just a note - this problem only occurs after I restart the computer. If I just close the website, then restart it without switching the computer off, it remembers me.

Sorry if I missed a thread on this subject somewhere else, but I didn't a search and found nothing.

Many thanks,

Tim
        Originally posted by LN-MOW View Post
        I have the same experience. I first thought it was due to using the account on multiple computers, but now I'm only using one so I doubt that very much.
        I think we are confusing 2 different features here.

If you select "remember me" (pic 1) you will get a permanent cookie in your computer so next time you visit FR24 you will get logged in automatically (pic 2).

This cookie is only working for 3 different sessions/units. So you can use it on 3 computers/browsers/units.
        If you log in on Chrome, this will be session 1.
        You log in on Firefox, this will be session 2.
        You log in on iPad, this will be session 3.
        You log in on Firefox on another computer, this will be session 4 and session 1 is logged out.

There is also a browser feature in most browsers that makes it possible to remember the email/password so you don't have to write it every time. This is not a FR24 feature.

If your session gets lost there are 2 common reasons.
        1) You have used all 3 sessions.
        2) You are deleting cookies in your computer.

Comment

Originally posted by tjjohn61 View Post
          It must be a bug they haven't identified yet with cookies . I went to the cookie itself and deleted it, hoping it would clear the old settings, but the same problem after.

Another thing they could do to improve the system is to be able to save a template - the ability to save a viewing region and its settings by a file name or preferences, so that it would be possible to set western Europe (with the exact settings you prefer) as Europe1 for example, then have another preference, say northeastern USA, as USA1. It's very fiddly to have to change regions and zoom in and slide the map around to your viewing preferences for each region. I hope they incorporate these ideas in the next version. After all, the premium payers should get a few more benefits other than the suppression of the adverts and the timeouts.

Cheers

Tim
          This feature is available for premium users.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

If you select "remember me" (pic 1) you will get a permanent cookie in your computer so next time you visit FR24 you will get logged in automatically (pic 2).
            Doesn't happen. I've been curious about this for a while and I haven't opened FR24 in any other browsers or computers for at least a week.
            ENFB.net
            Radarstation KGVL

Comment

It sounds like there is something blocking the cookie. Could be software or hardware firewall, security or anti virus software.

I just tried again Windows 7 and Windows 8 computers. Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. All are remembering my account.

This is the exact description of a persistent cookie that is getting blocked/deleted in the computer. Session cookies are working but not persistent cookies.

Comment

Still no luck, maybe it's my browser Opera, which isn't one of the mainstream browsers. But it remembers other permanent cookies for Yahoo, BBC News etc. The only problem is with Flight24. I think it's a bug, with all due respect. ENFB.net agrees. Maybe it's not adapted to Opera, which is fast becoming popular.

As a reminder: Windows8, Opera browser, Saved as Cookie when reminded by Browser, ticked the Remember Me box.

Thanks Mike for troubleshooting, but it's not worked so far. You obviously have technical skills, so any other options would be appreciated. I've researched this and have tried all the fixes for cookies for Opera (digging deep into advanced options), but still no results.

All the best,

Tjjohn61

Comment

I am having the same issue with persistent cookies here. I am on Windows 8 and Chrome but it's the same story with Firefox. I don't have any antivirus/firewall on the computer, just plain Windows 8 defender and inbuilt Firewall. I already cleaned everything on my browser and tried again but the issue is still present.

Edit: I think I found the problem, (or part of it) the cookies that are being created have their expiration date wrong:

Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
                  Last edited by sinnet3000; 2013-04-07, 21:07.

Comment

Same issue here. Google Chrome. When i login it works, i close my browser and then i have to relogin again.
                    I guess/hope what sinnet3000 suggested will solve the problem. The website is NOT remembering my login at all.

Comment

Solved!

All about Flightradar24.com web page and Flightradar24 apps. No discussions about feeding data to Flightradar24.

Comment

Working...
                      X