BKPR-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BKPR-1

All the flights in my area Rockford, Il tonight show radar at BKPR-1.

That seems to be an airport in Germany.

What am I missing?

js

Originally posted by k9act View Post
    All the flights in my area Rockford, Il tonight show radar at BKPR-1.
    That seems to be an airport in Germany.
    It's actually an airport in Albania. Even better. Even stranger!

I get the same thing here in the South of the UK. I can see a flight going over my location but when I check to see who's credited with the uploading, it's usually from someone about 100 miles away rather than me. Apparently it's all tied up with (amongst other things) data quality, so presumably the farther away you are, the better the quality of data. At the last check (0953z), I was uploading 77 aircraft to the Planeplotter server. FR24 says I'm uploading 17. There's quality for you !
    Never mind, it's only a hobby. Life will go on

Comment

There seems to be a 'sticky' situation with the last uploader being reported for longer than normal. I sure don't see the 250nm on my screen that FR thinks I see out to
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        There seems to be a 'sticky' situation with the last uploader being reported for longer than normal. I sure don't see the 250nm on my screen that FR thinks I see out to
        absolutely agree. Must be kind of a software thing where it is predicting a bit. Just to show the planes a bit that longer I suppose? (and hence, more a/c?) That's why I always rely on PP to show the the real time data on my local area, and look at FR24 for planes around the region.

This might be fixed one day?

As for which feeder is chosen and how, please refer to this link

... This software has been removed and is not supported as feeding software any more! Our preferred way of sharing data is to use our own feeding application. Whether you are using Basestation, Airnav RadarBox, ADSBScope or anything else does not matter as long as it is providing so called
        Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-03-27, 12:03.

Comment

Doing the same thing over Arizona!
          It isn't even close to Canada where the airport code is from! so You can't blame the "radar code" is sticky this time!

Radar: F-CYYT4 = Arizona ? I don't think so!
          Attached Files
          Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
          [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

I would guess there was some kind off data issue with newly connected feeders. Can't find any abnormalities now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sage of Milton View Post
              It's actually an airport in Albania. Even better. Even stranger!

I get the same thing here in the South of the UK. I can see a flight going over my location but when I check to see who's credited with the uploading, it's usually from someone about 100 miles away rather than me. Apparently it's all tied up with (amongst other things) data quality, so presumably the farther away you are, the better the quality of data. At the last check (0953z), I was uploading 77 aircraft to the Planeplotter server. FR24 says I'm uploading 17. There's quality for you !
              Never mind, it's only a hobby. Life will go on
              Actually, BKPR is the main airport in Prishtina, capital of Kosovo. It is not in Albania.

Comment

Bkpr

Not sure what I was smoking when I started this thread but the feeder I am referring to is not the subject of this thread.

The feeder is kdkb1 in Dekalb, Il.

I actually stopped feeding as it seems pointless. Every flight within 150 miles and more is fed by that station.

I assume he is atop a cell tower or skyscraper (in Dekalb?) or some such location making anyone else in that area a waste of time and energy.

js

Comment

Originally posted by k9act View Post
                  I actually stopped feeding as it seems pointless.
                  Not entirely "pointless" as there will be gaps and every active feeder gets a free Premium subscription in return.

Comment

I'm receiving periodically (very good) coverage from aircraft on the ground at LFPG LFPO EHAM and in a lesser proportion at EGLL. It has also a coverage over Switzerland and central France for enroute A/C. Because ETUL is Laarbruch in Germany, I'm wondering how they manage to do that? Well I have a small idea but the fact that

"on the air" presently.

There is also an interesting T-LFPO7 (Orly airport, Paris) whose main feeding position is at 240 NM from there at LFLE (Chambéry Challes-les-Eaux ), with some very interesting gliders activities.

Comment

Working...
                    X