Strange objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange objects

I am feeding using an SBS-3 and a roof antenna, which give me a range of around 200 nm. I have also been playing with a DVB-T stick and this afternoon I hooked it up to the antenna I use with the SBS-3. The results were really good - I'm not able to detect any significant difference using the $3.95 stick versus the expensive SBS-3.

However - and that' why I'm writing this post - I got a lot of signals with hexcodes B00xxx. From what I can see, these are not valid codes. They were moving and appeared to behave like jets, both speed and altitude. One appeared to pass close to me and I could see an object in approximatly the same position. Could this be MLAT-related, that the receiver receive position signals, but is not able to identify the aircraft? Or what create these signals? You can see several in the attached screenshot.

ENFB.net
    Radarstation KGVL

Spooky man!
    Michael
    Palmerston North,
    New Zealand
    ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

I have seen lots of these over the UK over the last week, sometimes they have just the Registration missing, i have also seen them with Hex: 000000 codes and no Registration.
      They are more than likely MLAT Tests.

This Playback shows virtualy the same as whats visible on the screenshot.
      AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

We are not making any MLAT tests in live production.

Comment

Have you get a Priest to bless your $3.95 stick ?

Looks spooky !
          F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Working...
          X