Data not being shown on FR24 from my PP setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data not being shown on FR24 from my PP setup

Hi folks, I don't know if this is a PlanePlotter issue or something else, so I'm starting by asking here.

I have configured PP to send data to FR24 via the secondary sharing option and enabled it. I'm successfully sharing (including mlats) to and from other PP users (I'm PP site B3). I see about 100nm out from roughly 120°ESE to 275°W from my home position at N50 56.737 W114 37.160. PP does indicate I'm receiving several planes with positions at any given time.

I do see *some* of the aircraft on my screen on FR24, but always attributed to another radar or to T-F5M (FAA data if I understand correctly). In fact there's a plane which is about to fly directly over my house right now (I am on a flight path and almost exactly at an intersection), and it's not on FR24 at all, but the plane ~20nm behind it is visible and coming to FR24 from T-CYLW1.

I thought for a moment I was T-CYYC4, but that site (on the FR24 map) is getting stuff I have no line of sight to at all, so it could be one of the other PP sharers in Calgary, or a non-PP user (another type of radar box, etc).

Is there a port I've forgotten to open in my firewall/router in order for the secondary sharing on PP to work? I get the feeling that I'm not actually sharing into FR24 at all. Yes, the checkbox on the secondary sharing part of the sharing setup screen on PP is enabled, and bi-directional sharing in PP is active.

That reminds me - I downloaded the FR24 sharing application (from the page that says "You can either run this program with your radar box and a TCP 30003 connection, or run PlanePlotter") and tried to run it. With TCP 30003 active, the FR24 app said I was not seeing enough aircraft to share, despite PP showing that I was seeing 5+ planes with positions (let it run for 10 minutes without change).

Any help would be appreciated greatly

If you feed from the Planeplotter software. You will show up as "NET1".
    Radar: NET1 = Users feeding from Planeplotter software.

Someone from FR24 should be online in few hours to answer your other questions.
    Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
    [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
      If you feed from the Planeplotter software. You will show up as "NET1".
      Radar: NET1 = Users feeding from Planeplotter software.
      I'm aware; the problem is no instances of NET1 are appearing anywhere in my area on the FR24 map.

Comment

Looking at the full list.
        I don't see any "NET1" active at this time anywhere in the world. Maybe something needs to be fixed somewhere...
        The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Let's wait for the FR24 staff to come online this weekend or Monday.
        Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
        [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Anyone looking into this? Or am I feeding for nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay911 View Post
            Anyone looking into this? Or am I feeding for nothing?
            I have had a look at Playback dating back to 04/03/13, i found that T-CYYC6 was the main feed up the 06/03/13, then from 07/03/13 both T-CYYC5 T-CYYC6 where showing, from 08/03/13 T-CYYC6 stopped feeding and then T-CYYC4 started feeding along side T-CYYC5.
            From 09/03/13 T-CYYC4 was the only feed showing.

There is Radar: T-PP1 showing occasionally, i would say this has replaced NET1 as i have seen T-PP1 all over the World.

Heres one on Playback: http://fr24.com/2013-03-11/01:28/48x/CAL5253/feee91
            AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
              I have had a look at Playback dating back to 04/03/13, i found that T-CYYC6 was the main feed up the 06/03/13, then from 07/03/13 both T-CYYC5 T-CYYC6 where showing, from 08/03/13 T-CYYC6 stopped feeding and then T-CYYC4 started feeding along side T-CYYC5.
              From 09/03/13 T-CYYC4 was the only feed showing.

There is Radar: T-PP1 showing occasionally, i would say this has replaced NET1 as i have seen T-PP1 all over the World.

Heres one on Playback: http://fr24.com/2013-03-11/01:28/48x/CAL5253/feee91
              Thanks for that info. I will look to see if I was picking up CAL5253 when I get home tonight from work (6:46am here, just into the office).

Is there any way to determine who CYYC4 is, i.e. if it's me? There are a few of us who have set up in Calgary area but I think I'm the only one who has been up 24/7 - the others seem to be up and down intermittently.

I would expect I would be showing up as PP1, but again, I'm only seeing F5M flights in the area where I am covering. I have PP set up to upload a screenshot of my map to my Google Drive every 90 seconds, which lets me remotely see what has been going on in my neighborhood. I've continued to try to compare the screenshots with the FR24 map to see if there's any indication that flights on my screen are being picked up by FR24. I would think that the presence of a flight showing up with F5M (FAA data) in my area would be an indication that I'm not coming through, though - I would like to think that if FR24 is receiving live data from a PP installation, that it would "override" the 5-minute-old data from the FAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay911 View Post

Is there any way to determine who CYYC4 is, i.e. if it's me? There are a few of us who have set up in Calgary area but I think I'm the only one who has been up 24/7 - the others seem to be up and down intermittently.

I would think that the presence of a flight showing up with F5M (FAA data) in my area would be an indication that I'm not coming through, though - I would like to think that if FR24 is receiving live data from a PP installation, that it would "override" the 5-minute-old data from the FAA.
                The easiest way to find out if you are feeding as T-PP1 is find a live Flight and stop your feed to see if it changes to a different feed.

Heres a live one @ 22:23 UTC http://fr24.com/AFR084

I don't think the FAA data would affect your data, because as you say it has a five minute delay. (I could be wrong though.)
                Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-03-12, 22:23.
                AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Hi Jay911, just saw a "T-PP1" at 3:41 UTC on flight BA48 from Seattle to London, a B-747-436 (G-CIVM). Lasted about two minutes as it was crossing the mountains east of Calgary, then T-CYYC4 took over. I found once I started using FR24's direct connect, my "tower" appeared more often, they also give you a tower name. Can run both PP and FR24 at the same time. Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckaroo104 View Post
                    Hi Jay911, just saw a "T-PP1" at 3:41 UTC on flight BA48 from Seattle to London, a B-747-436 (G-CIVM). Lasted about two minutes as it was crossing the mountains east of Calgary, then T-CYYC4 took over. I found once I started using FR24's direct connect, my "tower" appeared more often, they also give you a tower name. Can run both PP and FR24 at the same time. Have fun!
                    Yay, that was me! Thanks for the confirmation. I have tried FR24's software, if that's what you mean by their direct connect, and it said that I wasn't receiving enough aircraft to share. Maybe I need to keep it running longer, but I won't get to test that for a while now as I'll be out of town for a week or two.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                    X