Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Appreciation Thread - Thank You Feeders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KD4MOJ View Post
    F-KTLH1 is now online in Tallahassee, FL. Although we have a slight antenna issue on top of the hotel at the moment (soon to be fixed), surprisingly we are getting over 150 miles out with the temporary fix. Pictures to follow...
    Please feel free to post pics on the technical matters/hardware section of the FR24 forum. Looking forward to seeing them soon. On another note, what happened to the antenna if I may know?

Comment

And really big thanks to T-WIAS1 for the very good coverage at the eastern part of Java (Malang) Indonesia. It's so good and has so much aircraft movements. if only FR24 can send you a receiver... MLAT in Java one day soon?

On another note, F-VTUZ1 and F-VMMMC1 are both down for a long time. hardware problem? hopefully coming back online soon.

Comment

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
        Please feel free to post pics on the technical matters/hardware section of the FR24 forum. Looking forward to seeing them soon. On another note, what happened to the antenna if I may know?
        Dead short... and I suspect that the N connector center pin is probably the culprit. We are running 1/4" hard-line up to the supplied antenna and I probably was not paying enough attention when I connected the antenna to the N connector. On that particular connector, the center pin is easily bent if your not careful.

I'm scheduled to go up there this afternoon to get this resolved and get the "real" antenna on-line. But I am amazed that this 800 Mhz public safety antenna is doing as well as it is.
        Last edited by KD4MOJ; 2013-09-20, 13:34. Reason: spelling
        ...DOUG
        KD4MOJ
        Where Am I?
        My Live Audio of KTLH

Comment

Finally some good coverage for Beijing, China from F-ZBAA1.

I do wonder whether it is from the feeder T-ZBAA4/Youlun who got it? Anyway... got to have good & consistent coverage for Beijing now. hopefully more will come online soon to improve coverage there.

Comment

Originally posted by KD4MOJ View Post
            Dead short... and I suspect that the N connector center pin is probably the culprit. We are running 1/4" hard-line up to the supplied antenna and I probably was not paying enough attention when I connected the antenna to the N connector. On that particular connector, the center pin is easily bent if your not careful.

I'm scheduled to go up there this afternoon to get this resolved and get the "real" antenna on-line. But I am amazed that this 800 Mhz public safety antenna is doing as well as it is.
            Hi, just wondering did you manage to get pictures? Is it uploaded here? Perhaps I have missed it...

Comment

Finally some good coverage for Beijing, China from F-ZBAA1.

I do wonder whether it is from the feeder T-ZBAA4/Youlun who got it? Anyway... got to have good & consistent coverage for Beijing now. hopefully more will come online soon to improve coverage there.
              To put you out your misery, no - it isn't T-ZBAA4, but I am curious where that was located. Unfortunately F-ZBAA1 is not close enough to the airport though, so still missing that crucial near-airport coverage. Strangely the coverage N.E. of Beijing doesn't quite extend as far as S. either... but I can't figure out why!

It's a good thing that development is mostly low-rise in Central Beijing.

Comment

Originally posted by tparker View Post
                To put you out your misery, no - it isn't T-ZBAA4, but I am curious where that was located. Unfortunately F-ZBAA1 is not close enough to the airport though, so still missing that crucial near-airport coverage. Strangely the coverage N.E. of Beijing doesn't quite extend as far as S. either... but I can't figure out why!

It's a good thing that development is mostly low-rise in Central Beijing.
                Not really misery... just mystery lol. Anyone who contributes is most welcome! Both seen and unseen (those whose radar code don't/never get showed but still feeds to FR24)

Is the antenna placed as high as possible? Sometimes.. it might be just the curvature of the earth where that limits the amount of ads-b equipped plane visible to the antenna. Welcome to FR24 by the way!

On another note... I do observe feeders T-ZBAAx do have poor coverage towards the NE. Still the FR24 kit still do get some planes towards the NE.
                Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-10-18, 13:21.

Comment

Hi, just wondering did you manage to get pictures? Is it uploaded here? Perhaps I have missed it...
                  Yeah I was hoping to see some photos of KD4MOJ installation. He says he ran 1/4 inch hardline ... LMR-400 I'm guessing ?
                  www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Is the antenna placed as high as possible? Sometimes.. it might be just the curvature of the earth where that limits the amount of ads-b equipped plane visible to the antenna. Welcome to FR24 by the way!

On another note... I do observe feeders T-ZBAAx do have poor coverage towards the NE. Still the FR24 kit still do get some planes towards the NE.
                    Sorry, been way to busy the past few weeks! Unfortunately had a power cut in my server room too (hence downtime yesterday), but managed to restart my router equipment.

Curvature of the earth? Maybe this is the wrong thread.. but i'm curious how that has a different effect N.E. Beijing than, say, South. What's the science behind that? That said, my antenna can be moved up slightly but might get closer to the building sign on the roof... and wouldn't want that to interfere.

Comment

Do we have Feeder Statistics available on FR24 that shows the top feeders based on aircraft seen per day? I've seen this on another ADS-B site.
                      www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
                        Do we have Feeder Statistics available on FR24 that shows the top feeders based on aircraft seen per day? I've seen this on another ADS-B site.
                        no, it's not available. They are working on adding statistics, but I don't think it will be like that other website.

Comment

no, it's not available. They are working on adding statistics, but I don't think it will be like that other website.
                          I'd just like to know how many flights a day are seen by my location F-CYYZ2 ?
                          www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

I am sure they will add that. This was Mike's announcement in early October at this link http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post39564

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            I'm happy to announce that we will shortly make some more feeder statistics available to our feeders. Should probably be available for feeders with FR24 hardware in about 1-2 weeks time, and after that to feeders with FR24 software in about 2-3 weeks time.
                            perhaps someone in admin will provide more advice soon. Good day!

Comment

Obviously I dont know what system you are running but I run a program called 'Flight Display' on conjunction with my Basestation software and it gives me just that- a text file log with every flight seen during a session listed sequentially (complete with routes etc). You can add alerts for certain callsigns, aircraft, squawk etc and a lot of other goodies. It lists all aircraft displaying a valid callsign even those which are not ADS-B equipped.

Regards,
                              Gregg
                              Last edited by fungus; 2013-10-26, 20:10.
                              YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Originally posted by fungus View Post
                                Obviously I dont know what system you are running ..........
                                I'm a FR24 equipped station ... F-CYYZ2 There is the local Radar screen, that I can run though this website, that links me directly over the LAN to the FR24 receiver. This allows me to only see what I'm picking up in range... however I'd like to know more statistics by logging it all. If the FR24 site adds this feature, that would be great. I'm not sure if there is any 3rd party software like PP that would work with FR24 receiver?
                                www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Working...
                                X