Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ads on right obstructing view.

Hi All
    Have been on flightradar24 recently and found the ads on right side of map view are a pain. They obstruct the view of the map, is there any way of exiting these, if you click to get rid of them they just open a web page. I use a laptop and don't want applications for android or smart phone.

Thanks
    Flybynight

You can close these two Ads by moving your mouse over them, they both have an 'X' on the right hand side of the Ad.
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Why not just read the information below the ad?

Comment

They used to have an X at one time, they don't now at least not on my computer!

Comment

The "real time - 5 min delay" can be closed by clicking on the X when you put mouse over it.

Comment

Sorry Mike but the ad is not for 'real time' it's an ad for free maps and a second one for flight radar without ads

Comment

"Real time" is not an ad, it's information for users who are asking about aircraft colors. Can be closed by clicking in the X

The other two boxes are ads for our apps and a Google add. To remove them you can find a link to PREMIUM below the ads.

Comment

Spaceage,
                Have a look at the screenshot attached. I've highlighted the x Mike pointed out to close the real time box.30-01-2013 10-45-02.png
                Dan.

Compare all plane tracking receivers on one website.

Comment

Thanks Dan, however it's the two ads below the real time ad that DO NOT have a cross and which i have just found out can only be removed by purchasing FR24 Premium.

Comment

The Flightradar24 service needs to pay it costs (servers, traffic, development, support, receivers). It has been sponsored by a Swedish company, Flygresor.se, for 5 years. Now it needs to cover it owns cost.
                    There are now 2 ways of covering the cost.
                    1) Ads
                    2) User payments
                    We offer 1 and 2. It's up to you to decide which one you prefer.

Comment

In order to keep the basic service free I am happy to see the ads.

Comment

Sorry for waking this thread back up but I feed but the I can't remove the ads.
                        Just to confirm, I do log in to the website but it says (in the box to the right of the "Premium" tab) "Not active".
                        Have I missed something?
                        Thanks in advance chaps,
                        Rick.

Comment

Originally posted by RickBrown View Post
                          Sorry for waking this thread back up but I feed but the I can't remove the ads.
                          Just to confirm, I do log in to the website but it says (in the box to the right of the "Premium" tab) "Not active".
                          Have I missed something?
                          Thanks in advance chaps,
                          Rick.
                          Rick,
                          There has been a problem (which is being worked on) where the system isnt picking up and registering our time stamps but is receiving our feeds. I am one of those affected and it should be fixed in the next few days. See thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ead!%29/page40 and contimue any queries there if it isnt fixed over the next few days.

...and take notice of what Oblivian has said , below.
                          Regards,
                          Gregg
                          Last edited by fungus; 2013-05-21, 21:27.
                          YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Originally posted by fungus View Post
                            Rick,
                            There has been a problem (which is being worked on) where the system isnt picking up and registering our time stamps but is receiving our feeds. I am one of those affected and it should be fixed in the next few days. )see thread
                            Wow, quick reply!
                            Cheers for your help Fungus, I'll await the fix.
                            Its not to obstructive, but I like a nice clear screen!
                            Rick

Comment

If you are not a registered feeder or paid user, clicking the premium button on the left and attempting to login will likely have no effect.

If you are, you need to check your status as the system has expired your subscription (this is automatic for feeders based on a week from last update). Don't confuse the login between here and the main tracking page either. They are separate
                              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
                              X