Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't believe what I saw - My eyes playing tricks on me ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe what I saw - My eyes playing tricks on me ?

T-WSSS4 can see planes North East of Jakarta .

19 Jan 2013, 09.39 Hrs UTC.

T-WSSS4 can see AWQ8387 North-East of Jakarta on 19 Jan 2013 09.39 UTC.jpg
    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Another one.

Strange propagation conditions in the last 2 days.

T-WSSS 4 can see AXM 5012 near Bintulu East Malaysia.jpg
    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Another one. I am now scared. Strange things happening areound here !

T-WSSS 4 can see LNI 155 South of Jakarta.jpg

Comment

Another one. I am now more scared.

T-WSSS 4 can see CRK 9702 near South East Nha Trang, vietnam.jpg

Comment

Help Andy !

Your antenna is doing strange things here. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me. I better go see an Optometrist to check out my eyes.

t-WSSS 4 can see JST 64 East of Bengkulu, Sumatra.jpg

Comment

I think you realize how good the antenna is. Andy will be happy with such feedback.

Also something I find, is that, in FR24, there is predictability set for the a/c once contact is lost, in my case PP. this goes on for a while (?mins) where it is eventually dropped off screen. Others might have similar or different findings. Btw, nearing Bintulu, gosh, that's close to my area!

Comment

I think the one you see on ANRB is more accurate since there is time out period on both ANRB and FR24 which the flight still on the screen. At least on NRB you see the status as timeout.

Sent from my iPad 2 Limited Ed. using Tapatalk HD
              T-VTBD1 : RadarBox 3km North of VTBD
              T-VTBD2 : RPi MLAT 300m South of VTBD

Comment

The predict feature of PP does not not output extra paths on the output server
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post

Also something I find, is that, in FR24, there is predictability set for the a/c once contact is lost, in my case PP. this goes on for a while (?mins) where it is eventually dropped off screen.
                  I've noticed that too, I've seen planes stay on the FR24 webscreen after they have dropped off my radarscreen while keeping the radar identifier... (T-KGVL-1) Found that strange.
                  ENFB.net
                  Radarstation KGVL

Comment

Remember its 10-15 seconds BEHIND current the time it gets to the server and is displayed. So there is that overlap that may appear that they linger.
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

No, it's continued for several minutes ..
                      ENFB.net
                      Radarstation KGVL

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie View Post

T-WSSS4 can see planes North East of Jakarta .

19 Jan 2013, 09.39 Hrs UTC.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1775[/ATTACH]

WED 23RD

Hi agn Birdie,

Pity we seem to have lost the supply of your long range sigs which were great for coverage on flights in and out of my old stamping ground (WSSS).

Hope we get them back online soon.

Nev (G3LMO)
                        Retired RAF Changi VIP Master Aircrew 1957/64

Comment

Originally posted by G3LMO View Post

WED 23RD

Hi agn Birdie,

Pity we seem to have lost the supply of your long range sigs which were great for coverage on flights in and out of my old stamping ground (WSSS).

Hope we get them back online soon.

Nev (G3LMO)
                          Retired RAF Changi VIP Master Aircrew 1957/64
                          Yup... noticed WSSS4 been off for a bit.

Perhaps sorting out the proper installation for the LR antenna?

Comment

good to have your feed back to FR24 Birdie. Appreciate it. Can't wait till your stuffs arrives and you have the LR 1090 installed outside properly. Thanks.
                            Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-01-26, 09:33.

Comment

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                              good to have your feed back to FR24 Birdie. Appreciate it. Can't wait till your stuffs arrives and you have the LR 1090 installed outside properly. Thanks.
                              It have been raining "Cats & Dogs", "Kangaroos & Kiwi" & Horn-bills & Orang Utan", plus strong winds & lightnings.

Can't climb out of my high rise window and sit on the air conditioner compressor to do the tricky installation.

Also need to get a 40 mm diameter, 2.5 m length stainless steel water pipe and a safety harness and long rope to secure my self.

Comment

Working...
                              X