Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't it have google play store?
    toString - London, UK
    FR24 - T-EGLC55 / PiAware - toString / PlaneFinder - 9008
    Raspberry Pi B+ | Keedox DVB-T USB RTL-SDR [RTL2832U+R820T] | Stock Antenna

Comment

• Originally posted by toString View Post
      Why doesn't it have google play store?
      Only really could be if was modified.

officially supported platforms
      LG G2 (g2/LG-D800)
      LG G2 (g2/LG-D801)
      LG G2 (g2/LG-D802)
      LG G2 (g2/LG-D802T)LG G2 (g2/LG-D802TR)
      LG G2 (g2/LG-D803)
      LG G2 (g2/LG-D805)
      LG G2 (g2/LG-D806)
      LG G2 (g2/LG-F320K)
      LG G2 (g2/LG-F320L)
      LG G2 (g2/LG-F320S)
      LG G2 (g2/LG-LS980)
      LG G2 (g2/VS980 4G)
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by mimku View Post
        It's actually a 2013 LG G2, but doesn't have the Google Play Store.
        So how did you get the app without Google Play?

Originally posted by mimku View Post
        I'm not going to risk installing some dodgy third-hand GApps.apk just to install Play Store to update FR24.

So since Flightradar AB refuses to provide a direct APK link I have no way to update the app.

PlanePlotterMobile for me instead then. Ugh, its support is even worse than FR24...
        We sell the app through Play Store. Please don't blame is if you don't use the store.

Comment

• Why is not longer possible to user "Callsign" as filter ? For example, TNT Airways (TAY) uses several operators (West Atlantic, Blue Bird, Farnair etc.) but since the latest major build I can only select "Airline" as filter but not "Callsign". Would be great to have it back, soon.
          Regards,
          T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
          Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

• Note to Mike: around 20% of Android devices, and most sold in China, don't have access to Google Play Store due to Google's licensing.

Suggestion for UI simplification: remove the 'aircraft profile' picture from the summary information.

For enthusiasts it offers nothing, as the aircraft type is already listed below it.

For casual users I doubt it is much help, given that it is so small and generic anyway. And often wrong for less-common types ( as attached ). If they do want to see an actual photo of the actual aircraft they can hit the double-chevron for a better view.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by mimku; 2015-02-05, 09:51.

Comment

• Originally posted by equi View Post
              Why is not longer possible to user "Callsign" as filter ? For example, TNT Airways (TAY) uses several operators (West Atlantic, Blue Bird, Farnair etc.) but since the latest major build I can only select "Airline" as filter but not "Callsign". Would be great to have it back, soon.

Hi equi
              I found these in Filters / Custom Filters

West Atlantic NPT
              Blue Bird Aviation BLB
              Farnair FAT

Hope that helps
              AMD Phenom II X4 -965 Quad Core CPU
              Gigabyte MA790FXT-UD5P Motherboard
              4GB DDR3 Memory Windows 7 & 8 64bit
              Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F Marshmallow 6.0.1
              Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F Marshmallow 6.0.1
              Samsung TAB 2 GT-P3110 7 inch Jellybean 4.2.2
              flightradar24 PAID FOR

Comment

• Hi stan77,

thanks - but I (and hopefully others) need the Callsign Filter back Imagine, if you want to track a charter flight (e.g. Blue Panorama for Condor DE), you have to enter BPA instead of CFG. But if you don't know that Condor uses a BPA you are wondering where the flight is. You can surely extend it to other operators, TNT and Condor DE are just 2 examples from Germany.
                Regards,
                T-EDDE7

Comment

• Reminds me... On custom alerts.. How do you get it to alert you when a type of aircraft is in local area? I tried aircraft A38 and A380 - neither give me an alert?
                  toString - London, UK

Comment

• I see ...no worries....thanks for the explanation
                    AMD Phenom II X4 -965 Quad Core CPU
                    Gigabyte MA790FXT-UD5P Motherboard
                    4GB DDR3 Memory Windows 7 & 8 64bit
                    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F Marshmallow 6.0.1
                    Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F Marshmallow 6.0.1
                    Samsung TAB 2 GT-P3110 7 inch Jellybean 4.2.2
                    flightradar24 PAID FOR

Comment

• Originally posted by mimku View Post
                      Note to Mike: around 20% of Android devices, and most sold in China, don't have access to Google Play Store due to Google's licensing.
                      From first post

I have problems with launching the Flightradar24 Pro app, can you help me?

Flightradar24 Pro is using the latest version of Google Maps which is included in "Google Play Services". You need to have latest version of "Google Play Services" installed in order to run Flightradar24 Pro app. Google Play Services can be download from https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...le.android.gms
                      Why is the Flightradar24 not working on my Android unit?

Flightradar24 is built based on "Google Maps API" and "Google Play Services". Google apps for Android, such as YouTube, Google Maps and Navigation, Gmail, and so on are Google properties that are not part of Android, and are licensed separately. That means that a unit that is not Google certified, will not have all necessary files that are needed by Flightradar24 to work ("Google Maps API" and "Google Play Services"). Even if you hack your unit and install Google Play and Google Maps, there are still files missing in the system and Flightradar24 will not work. If you want to be sure that you can run Flightradar24 on your Android unit, make sure to buy a GOOGLE CERTIFIED unit from one of the major brands on the market.

Comment

• Originally posted by toString View Post
                        Reminds me... On custom alerts.. How do you get it to alert you when a type of aircraft is in local area? I tried aircraft A38 and A380 - neither give me an alert?
                        You should use the ICAO-type-code. There is no aircraft type with code A380. The correct code is A388 and A38 works as well.

Comment

• Mike,

can you please answer my question ?
                          Regards,
                          T-EDDE7

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            You should use the ICAO-type-code. There is no aircraft type with code A380. The correct code is A388 and A38 works as well.
                            Thank you for that. I tried it again with A38 and it works. No idea why it didn't work before.. I don't think I used a 'destination' airport before, but who knows... it works at least now.. Thanks!
                            toString - London, UK

Comment

• I have a serious problem again with custom alerts. For example, I set an alert for B77 (Boeing 772 and 773), Local, at the Additional conditions (optional) -> Altitude less than 18000 ft. , then I get all alert which are fit for these conditions.
                              But!, if I set the "Destination is NOT 'xyz'", I will not get alerts anymore about B77's. Nevermore, independenly from any conditions. xyz meaning 3 letter IATA airport code, for example VIE -> Vienna
                              This problem is available on every aircraft types, if I set the "Destination is NOT 'xyz'".

Comment

• I love the Flightradar24 app, but why in the last update was the + & - zoom removed from the map. Please can this be returned as i prefer this method to zoom in and out?
                                Also since the last update i am now unable to store anything under locations. I just keep getting the message (Unfortunately, Flightradar24 has stopped.)
                                Hopefully this can be sorted.
                                aircraftenthusiast

Comment

Working...
                                X