X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DigoAmorim View Post
    Hi Sean,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Since I've re installed the app, I have created only one alert. The alert for the A33 near Fortaleza.

As requested by you, I've created another local alert with the reg = DIGOAMORIM near Petrolina airport (SBPL)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2989[/ATTACH]

If you need any new data or any action from my side, please tell me. I hope that together we can find out what is going on.

Best Regards,
    Rodrigo Amorim
    Sean,

I forgot to mention, but the global alerts are working, only local alerts aren't been triggered.

Comment

• Hi again Rodrigo,

Many thanks for setting the reg alert, that let us track your specific device and alert settings. I'm pleased to report that these details let us identified the issue, specifically a locale bug corrupting the coordinates for local alerts. This would be consistent with your global alerts working of course.

We're now working on the app fix and also other improvements that may resolve this even before a new app is released, so I'll report when there's further progress there.

Apologies for the inconvenience and your assistance in resolving this is much appreciated thank you.

Regards,

Sean.

Comment

• Originally posted by sean_atkinson View Post
        Hi again Rodrigo,

Many thanks for setting the reg alert, that let us track your specific device and alert settings. I'm pleased to report that these details let us identified the issue, specifically a locale bug corrupting the coordinates for local alerts. This would be consistent with your global alerts working of course.

We're now working on the app fix and also other improvements that may resolve this even before a new app is released, so I'll report when there's further progress there.

Apologies for the inconvenience and your assistance in resolving this is much appreciated thank you.

Regards,

Sean.
        I'm glad to hear that Sean! Very nice.

Congrat. for your work. I also work with software development and I know how difficult is find out the root cause.

When we find someone that help us, everything become easier... but when someone that just point the issue and do nothing to help us... the things become more difficult.

Let think to the bright sight, could be worse, this issue could came across intermittent... this is the worst kind of bug ever...

Thanks a lot once again.

Best Regards,
        Rodrigo

Comment

• Hi,

Thanks for your support Rodrigo! This was indeed a very awkward issue to diagnose but your example quickly identified the locale issue and of course then the fix should be trivial.

A new android app is being prepared for release including this fix, but in the meantime I'm pleased to report that you may reset any such local alerts and we will correct for locale faults in our servers. Please feel free to retry local alerts and of course we welcome reports of any outstanding issues.

Regards,

Sean.

Comment

• Originally posted by sean_atkinson View Post
            Hi,

Thanks for your support Rodrigo! This was indeed a very awkward issue to diagnose but your example quickly identified the locale issue and of course then the fix should be trivial.

A new android app is being prepared for release including this fix, but in the meantime I'm pleased to report that you may reset any such local alerts and we will correct for locale faults in our servers. Please feel free to retry local alerts and of course we welcome reports of any outstanding issues.

Regards,

Sean.
            Hi Sean,

I realized since yesterday that my local alerts are working correctly. Thanks a lot and congratulations for your work.

Regards,
            Rodrigo

Comment

• My local alerts still not working. Doing I something wrong? These are my settings:

Screenshot_2013-12-13-09-49-53.jpgScreenshot_2013-12-13-09-51-01.jpg

Comment

• I can't believe it I posted the previous post, and 10 minutes later my local alerts started to work after 2 weeks on my new phone!
                Last edited by Csorbi; 2013-12-13, 15:28.

Comment

• Just downloaded the App for my Android ! I 'Love It' ! Have not played with it too much yet..but it looks Great to me !
                  F-CYQL1

Comment

• Hello,

I have installed the pro version on my s3 and yesterday, the appli working fine. Today, when I'm searching by airport, I received "no flights found" in 3G mode but with the wi-fi connection, the radar found flights. Any idea about the problem ?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by xaviervdv View Post
                      Hello,

I have installed the pro version on my s3 and yesterday, the appli working fine. Today, when I'm searching by airport, I received "no flights found" in 3G mode but with the wi-fi connection, the radar found flights. Any idea about the problem ?

Thanks.
                      This will affect all platforms including Browsers, as the Arrival Boards are being updated.
                      AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Thanks speedbird1960 for the answer

Do you know when the situation come back to normal ?

Thanks again

Comment

• Originally posted by xaviervdv View Post
                          Thanks speedbird1960 for the answer

Do you know when the situation come back to normal ?

Thanks again
                          I don't know how long this will take as its fairly major switch from a static Database (Database to be removed.), to a live system that is continually updated.
                          AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Amount of data flow

quick query.

If I filter by say BA ( or whoever) does that reduce the data flow to my app? Put another way, does the filter work by only displaying the filtered aircraft but everything is sent from the server to the phone, or does the server filter the data and only sends the filtered data?

I ask, because I wanted to reduce the amount data flow, for example when roaming at extortionate roaming data charges, would filtering cut the amount of data I am charged for by my phone company?

Comment

• Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
                              I don't know how long this will take as its fairly major switch from a static Database (Database to be removed.), to a live system that is continually updated.
                              Thanks for the info

Comment

• Hey i see on the Apps page it says the last updated version was Dec 20th which was friday, still havent seen anything yet, does it take a few days for google to release it, and any ideas from anyone on whats new in the version. jUst a curious member. For the Android system that is.

Comment

Working...
                                X