This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi jpro

Just to say I had the S4 & now the S5 and I've never had any issue like you are experiencing. I know that's not much help but shows the app works well with the S4.
    You could try unistalling and reinstalling. Clear cache etc first
    AMD Phenom II X4 -965 Quad Core CPU
    Gigabyte MA790FXT-UD5P Motherboard
    4GB DDR3 Memory Windows 7 & 8 64bit
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F Marshmallow 6.0.1
    Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F Marshmallow 6.0.1
    Samsung TAB 2 GT-P3110 7 inch Jellybean 4.2.2
    flightradar24 PAID FOR

Comment

• Originally posted by stan77 View Post
      Hi jpro

Just to say I had the S4 & now the S5 and I've never had any issue like you are experiencing. I know that's not much help but shows the app works well with the S4.
      You could try unistalling and reinstalling. Clear cache etc first
      Hi thanks for the reply, I've just tried uninstalling it and re-installing it, clearing cache, but still no luck. I'm going to take a guess that it's down to my slow internet connection on O2, maybe something to do with GPRS which is new to me. I live in a rural area and can't get a 3G or 4G reception.
      OrionOptics 12" 1200mm + Tele Vue x 2 Powermate + Canon EOS 50D

My Photo Album

Comment

• Have you tried using WiFi?

Comment

• Yes, and it works well, but I want to use it without WiFi.

My Photo Album

Comment

• Hi to all, this is my first mex in a forum, i buyed all complete marvellous app soma days ago.
            So for my 2 device no problems ( Note 2 and Lg gPad), but if i can i would like ask a little update for the next new version app:
            It's possible insert, like a Pc version, a double notes about the airplanes? Example: callsign and from&to? I know that the smarthphones display are not so big bat maybe an alternance about 2 information is possible, example 3 seconds for the,callsign and than a from&to or others.

Thanks for this awesome app guys, i live about 8 km to Tsf and 30 Vce and now i can "see" all the traffic!. My passion is very HAPPY

By Alessandro

Ciao

Comment

• Originally posted by jpro747 View Post
              Yes, and it works well, but I want to use it without WiFi.
              Suggests the problem is your mobile connection if WiFi works OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by jpro747 View Post
                Hi thanks for the reply, I've just tried uninstalling it and re-installing it, clearing cache, but still no luck. I'm going to take a guess that it's down to my slow internet connection on O2, maybe something to do with GPRS which is new to me. I live in a rural area and can't get a 3G or 4G reception.
                GPRS is very, very slow. And FR24 apps uses quite a lot of data, especially during startup. There is not so much to do apart from waiting.
                Next app release (version 5.3) will include some optimizations that will use less data, up to 90% less in some occasions.

2G/GPRS is 0,001->0,05 Mbit/s
                2G/EDGE is 0,05->0,2 Mbit/s
                3G/UMTS is 0,2 Mbit/s->5 Mbit/s
                3G/HSDPA/HSUPA is 5 Mbit/s->20 Mbit/s
                4G/LTE is 20 Mbit/s->100 Mbit/s

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  GPRS is very, very slow. And FR24 apps uses quite a lot of data, especially during startup. There is not so much to do apart from waiting.
                  Next app release (version 5.3) will include some optimizations that will use less data, up to 90% less in some occasions.

GPRS is 0,001->0,05 Mbit/s
                  EDGE is 0,05->0,2 Mbit/s
                  3G/UMTS is 0,2 Mbit/s->5 Mbit/s
                  3G/HSDPA/HSUPA is 5 Mbit/s->20 Mbit/s
                  4G/LTE is 20 Mbit/s->100 Mbit/s
                  Thanks for the information, yes i thought it had something to do with GPRS. Is there a way I can block it? I used to get EDGE, and had no problems.

My Photo Album

Comment

• GPRS and EDGE is the same 2G network. EDGE is just a newer (and a bit faster) network software of the old GPRS network, that the network provider needs to support, buy and install. I think that most networks has not been upgraded to EDGE, for example in Sweden only 1 out of 3 or 4 GPRS networks has been updated to EDGE.
                    Phone should always try to use fastest available network automatically. If you want to override the default network it should be possible somewhere in phone settings.

Comment

• Anyone got any comment on this question from 6 weeks ago. It's just the blue "my location" is sometimes a dot and sometimes a useful arrow that shows my orientation. How can I make it always be an arrow?

Originally posted by mcgon1979 View Post
                      Quick question - Pro version 5.0.3. on Nexus 5 standard 4.4.2

Sometimes the "My location" blue dot is an arrow and uses the compass to show the direction I'm facing. This is very helpful as I can look at the phone and tell which part of the sky I'm facing.

Comment

GPRS and EDGE is the same 2G network. EDGE is just a newer (and a bit faster) network software of the old GPRS network, that the network provider needs to support, buy and install. I think that most networks has not been upgraded to EDGE, for example in Sweden only 1 out of 3 or 4 GPRS networks has been updated to EDGE.
                        Phone should always try to use fastest available network automatically. If you want to override the default network it should be possible somewhere in phone settings.
                        Sometimes, the latest network is NOT the best.

The 4G Base Station is next to my window, yet my HP spent 80 % of its time OFF-LINE.

From 1 June 2014, the operator will start charging me SGD 2.50 per mth to use the 4G network.

I will dump the 4G and use the proven reliable 3G network. LOL

Fortunately, the latest 4G network is not installed by /// .
                        F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Hi Mike
                          Fantastic app, I had another type app on a previous smart phone but not half as good as yours. I think it was called flighttracker i`m not sure, but it had a link when you clicked on the plane that it would give the seating configuration for that particular plane. Is there any chance you could include this in an update? I`d love to see this included where possible. Thanks Mike.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcgon1979 View Post
                            Anyone got any comment on this question from 6 weeks ago. It's just the blue "my location" is sometimes a dot and sometimes a useful arrow that shows my orientation. How can I make it always be an arrow?
                            FR24 is not changing/drawing my location symbols. That comes from you phone. You have to check your phone settings.

Comment

• Originally posted by katanajay View Post
                              Hi Mike
                              Fantastic app, I had another type app on a previous smart phone but not half as good as yours. I think it was called flighttracker i`m not sure, but it had a link when you clicked on the plane that it would give the seating configuration for that particular plane. Is there any chance you could include this in an update? I`d love to see this included where possible. Thanks Mike.
                              We don't have that data.

Comment

FR24 is not changing/drawing my location symbols. That comes from you phone. You have to check your phone settings.
                                Ah thanks for that reply Mike. I've figured it out that the bearing (blue direction arrow) is displayed if I am walking while using the device. On google maps itself the bearing arrow is displayed even if I am stationary, but thats because Location.setBearing is implemented differently in google maps and in FR24. I understand. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X