X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paradiselost
    replied
    Worthless Radar View for FR-box Feeders---Opinion

Radar View is a worthless not ready for prime time Premium Product.

If you live in the UK or Western Europe you don't have to drag the map half way around the world to get to your area fighting the rubber bands.

Local Traffic can't be seen due to the 4 Times error. (Can't find your FR24 box.)

In best of times Radar View can't recognize you are feeding. It doesn't know you are logged in and feeding from an F-box. It doesn't retain the coordinates you last viewed.

If you want this to work, like the main FR24 map with different colors with no filters selected, Radar View has to look at a different place than port /30003 on the local host for the FR-box. One size fits all engineering has failed on this product.

John

F-RPVD1

Leave a comment:

• Hoggorm
    replied
    The farther north (or south) from equator one sees the RadarView display, the more "dragged" the display is. For example, northern Norway looks really strange in the east-west direction as shown on this image:

Screenshot 2014-02-23 13.01.52.jpg

The same can be seen here and the problem is the latitude/longitude aspect ratio center:

Screenshot 2014-02-23 13.02.00.jpg

By changing the aspect ratio center in the preceding picture from a southerly latitude to a more northern one, northern Norway suddenly looks as it should - like this:

Screenshot 2014-02-23 13.02.14.jpg

How can I change the aspect ratio (or whatever the same feature might be called in RadarView)?

Leave a comment:

• awgawg
    replied
    Thank you Speedbird1960. I have found the distance measuring tool and I have found that selecting an aircraft and leaving it selected that a track trail forms. However, I have seen (intermittently) a full trail going back to the flight origin. It is the latter that I have not been able to consistently display.
    Last edited by awgawg; 2014-02-09, 13:23.

Leave a comment:

• speedbird1960
    replied
    Originally posted by awgawg View Post
    I need some help with Radar View. I can access the radar view and click on aircraft to reveal basic flight data. Sometimes I can get it to display a full route trail but this is inconsistent and frustrating. What is the correct way of display an aircraft past route/flight path? Are there any instructions available to use this application?
    The trails you are seeing is the application self drawing a line between the previous selected Aircraft and the newly selected Aircraft. (They are not Flight Paths.)

Radar View is meant to be more like what an Air Traffic Controller would see and is a lot more basic than the web based page.
    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-02-07, 17:54.

Leave a comment:

• awgawg
    replied
    I need some help with Radar View. I can access the radar view and click on aircraft to reveal basic flight data. Sometimes I can get it to display a full route trail but this is inconsistent and frustrating. What is the correct way of display an aircraft past route/flight path? Are there any instructions available to use this application?

Leave a comment:

• Amper
    replied
    Originally posted by peterhr View Post
    Shouldn't you be able to use the private IP address of the box on your home network (don't know). If so you should be able to set IP a reservation so every time the box requests an IP address from the router it gets the same one.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    type this in your browser http://192.168.X.X/net-config.php where 192.168.X.X is LAN IP of your FR24 box.
    check "Force static IP" box
    Save
    Now your box will stay on that IP even if you reboot the router.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ergunn
    replied
    Yes, i think that would be possible, however, i have the receiver plugged in directly to the FTTH broadband box. In that way i am ensured that the receiver is online regardless any naughty behaviour from my local network (and both my domestic router and also a attached switch has no available lan- inputs)
    The downside is obviously that everytime the broadbandbox is reset, i receive a dynamic-assigned IPadress from my ISP. But i can live with that now that i know how to re-enter the receivers IP-adress in my radar-view. After all, this will not be a problem as my ISP is rock-solid 24/7/365, and a reset is rarely performed. This time it was me cleaning behind my desk for x-mas- and streamlining the wiring etc...

Thanks, and a merry x-mas as we see all those extra planes bringing people home for christmas
    Erik

Leave a comment:

• peterhr
    replied
    Shouldn't you be able to use the private IP address of the box on your home network (don't know). If so you should be able to set IP a reservation so every time the box requests an IP address from the router it gets the same one.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ergunn
    replied
    Thanks a lot!!!
    Everything fine now, and learned something new today

Leave a comment:

• FR24support
    replied
    Originally posted by ergunn View Post
    i sent a mail to support a couple days ago, but i guess they celebrate christmas too.
    You should have received an acknowledgement with your support reference. We aim to answer support messages within 48 hours but this can be longer at weekends.

I have replied (within 48 hours). Basically, the receiver's IP address changed when you rebooted your router. You can always see the IP address in your Premium stats page.

Leave a comment:

• ergunn
    replied
    Thanks,
    It is not my intention to post IP-adresses here, i sent a mail to support a couple days ago, but i guess they celebrate christmas too.
    I was a bit impatient.....

Thanks,
    Erik

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by ergunn View Post
    Hi!
    F-ENSR1 here, i have been online since early this month now with my flightradar24 receiver.
    I have a problem with localtraffic in radar view.
    It worked for two weeks, i have inserted the ip-adress provided by flightradar24.com and i could see "my" aircraft with red in radarview.
    The last days this has been gone, i still have the same settings i get an error message: "local data failed 4 times".

Anyone who can help?

Thanks,
    Erik
    For help with your personal receiver i suggest you contact support@fr24.com instead of posting IP addresses on an open forum.

Leave a comment:

• ergunn
    replied
    Hi!
    F-ENSR1 here, i have been online since early this month now with my flightradar24 receiver.
    I have a problem with localtraffic in radar view.
    It worked for two weeks, i have inserted the ip-adress provided by flightradar24.com and i could see "my" aircraft with red in radarview.
    The last days this has been gone, i still have the same settings i get an error message: "local data failed 4 times".

Anyone who can help?

Thanks,
    Erik

Leave a comment:

• Jarod
    replied
    http://jetvision.de/airac.shtml then http://jetvision.de/sbs/airac/data/index.php and downloading EHAM_1304.zip really helped me updating my radar view!

Loaded all the NDBs, VORs, Airport names and RNAV waypoints.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    As above, the package for them worldwide is large, and the site has no way of knowing which ones you want to view. So has to be DIY-Download for sanity sake

Some older versions can be downloaded here http://jetvision.de/sbs.shtml

Or they are included with the SW package from SBS http://www.sbs-resources.com/

(broken URL speedbird.. its included the shortened ...s)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X