No announcement yet.

Radar View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check Settings-> User data. Have you deleted any .out and .wpt files?

Or were you using the UK Outlines Sample that you'll find under the ? option?
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• think I pressed uk outlines sample .

Russell

Comment

• Select it again,
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• yeah , tried that but nothing, when I hover mouse pointer over it ,a red circle with a red line through it appears.

Russell

Comment

• Try refreshing the browser first.
            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• its not happening at the moment mike. thanks for all your help.

Russell

Comment

• Are you OK now?
                Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Russellfire View Post
                  yeah , tried that but nothing, when I hover mouse pointer over it ,a red circle with a red line through it appears.

Russell
                  Russell,

Ignore that red circle/red line and select it anyway. Unfortunately radar view is a bit finicky or particular and even the browser you use can affect this. When I setup radarview it does the same thing and I found this method works on IE, Chrome and Firefox browsers. Setting it up as an uploader with your own waypoints and outline files introduces further issues which need a bit of perseverance to overcome and is another topic altogether.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
                  Gregg
                  Last edited by fungus; 2017-06-07, 02:37.
                  YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Originally posted by fungus View Post
                    [B]Ignore that red circle/red line and select it anyway.
                    It doesn't work if the hover shows a "no entry" sign. The "Add to Map" option is disabled and the UK Outlines don't display.

But if you refresh the browser page, it becomes enabled again. I can easily replicate this behavior.

And adding one's own outlines and waypoints works OK.
                    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                      It doesn't work if the hover shows a "no entry" sign. The "Add to Map" option is disabled and the UK Outlines don't display.

But if you refresh the browser page, it becomes enabled again. I can easily replicate this behavior.

And adding one's own outlines and waypoints works OK.
                      I wouldn't have posted the response if it didn't work. That was my experience. During the past couple of months I've been having an issue with continually being logged off my webpages even though I have had no more than 3 pages or browsers open at one time. I've had support looking into it and their response initially was to clear cache etc. On doing this (on all three browser) I found that all my own data (waypoints and out files etc) needed to be re-entered. Having done this now goodness knows how many times following their advice I noticed that I continually encountered the problem of the 'no entry' sign and ultimately found if it was ignored that it still works. That's across the three browsers I nominated.

Adding my outlines etc was indeed a hassle in that if I didn't start up 'local host' first and added all my files afterwards it would take me back to the original map without my files or in fact anything at all but the blank map on selecting 'local host'. Initially I went around in circles trying to work out a procedure that would work. Again this happened on all three browsers.

As you say, ultimately it works OK, but only if you follow the set procedure, but there's no guidelines to tell you what that procedure is. You may happen to fluke it if the procedure you followed happens to coincide with the correct procedure.

That's probably as clear as mud hence one of the reasons I didn't go into a long winded explanation in my response to Russell. I find radar view very finicky. In fact there are issues right across FR24 if you happen to stumble onto them but anyone who sticks their hand up to notify anyone seems to be ridiculed. I'll go take some migraine meds now!!

Regards,
                      Gregg
                      Last edited by fungus; 2017-06-07, 07:37.
                      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Maybe FR24 can tell us what the "no entry" icon is supposed to represent and if the "Add to Map" function works when the icon is displayed?

All I know is the "Add to Map" feature is disabled whenever that icon appears. This happens using Firefox and Chrome.

Launch Radar View. Click on the ? icon on the right-hand side to display the "Welcome to Flightradar 24 Radar View" popup.

Use "Add to Map" to add the UK Outlines Sample.

Select "Close and start using Radar View.

Now select the ? icon and try to add the UK Outlines Sample again. The no entry icon displays.

Select the gear wheel and "User data".

Delete the UK Outlines and confirm when asked.

Try the Add to Map again. The no entry icon still displays and the outlines do not load. Repeat many times, same result.

Now refresh the browser page.

Eureka. The Add to Map option is enabled once more and the outlines will load.
                        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• I'm pleading the usual ignorant defence at this point here. "I've got the Aussie version"

Good luck getting any useful info out of FR24. The saga re the continual logouts still goes on and on and on...

Regards,
                          Gregg

BTW. Anytime I click on the ? icon you mention (which, if you hover over it, tells nothing about what it does) AFTER I have loaded all my files and am running radar view, they then disappear and it's back to the basic welcome page again. I refuse to touch it!
                          Last edited by fungus; 2017-06-07, 10:53. Reason: corrections

Comment

• Hello! Could you please help with the following situation - I can see the SP-XENU on the FR24 only when is in the air. Why I can not see the historical data?
                            And another issue - the icon is AIRPLANE, how to change for gyrocopter (or helicopter at least?)?
                            Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amber View Post
                              Hello! Could you please help with the following situation - I can see the SP-XENU on the FR24 only when is in the air. Why I can not see the historical data?
                              And another issue - the icon is AIRPLANE, how to change for gyrocopter (or helicopter at least?)?
                              Thanks for any advice you can provide.
                              If you select it. Look at the information pane. If it is empty, it's an unknown aircraft/type etc and needs to be added to database. Historical flights issue may be related

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
                              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• i don't know if this thread is still active or not but here it goes:
                                I recently started using the radar view and making my own outlines and waypoints.
                                The radar map for suriname, guyana, French Guiana etc (near equator , south america) appear strechted vertically. I have attached some screenshots to show that.
                                i Have the problem on chrome, firefox even internet explorer. The text labels are also NOT readable. Anyone have any idea why the map is streched and how to fix it?
                                Second issue, how do i get to change the font on the labels? the default one is simply horrible. Also how do i change font type on the waypoits?
                                FR Radar.jpgCIRCLE.JPG
                                Last edited by akash386; 2017-10-15, 02:00. Reason: add picture

Comment

Working...
                                X