Radar View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nae bother
    T-EGPH93 | My Live Feed | ADSB Receiver: Raspberry Pi3+, RTL-SDR v3, RTL-SDR LNA, FA Antenna | Airband Receiver: RPi3 & Diamond D777

Comment

• Hi All,

I'm looking for Basestation.ini example or syntax. Cannot find it anywhere.

Could someone help me ?

Tks.
      --
      Felipe Tonioli

Comment

• Originally posted by ftonioli View Post
        Hi All,

Could someone help me ?

Tks.
        I would suggest looking at the following website link. It has a tutorial that describes what the basestation.ini, waypoint and outline files are used for as well as their layout. I downloaded the PDF file so I could read it off-line. You can also see there are several tabs to view on the website which may be of interest to you.

Arghhh - as a new user, I can't post links. So, here is the link but you'll have to copy and paste it into your browser to go to the webpage...
        • woodair.net/sbs/Article/Barebones.htm
        Don - W3DRM - Minden, Nevada - USA --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FR24 ID: KRN02

Comment

• The problem is that he not discribe how to set colors.

I have ready this article before.

Tks for reply.

Originally posted by W3DRM View Post
          I would suggest looking at the following website link. It has a tutorial that describes what the basestation.ini, waypoint and outline files are used for as well as their layout. I downloaded the PDF file so I could read it off-line. You can also see there are several tabs to view on the website which may be of interest to you.

Arghhh - as a new user, I can't post links. So, here is the link but you'll have to copy and paste it into your browser to go to the webpage...
          • woodair.net/sbs/Article/Barebones.htm
          --
          Felipe Tonioli

Comment

• Can you not set the colours you want in the display settings tab. Most of the colours can be set here as described in the basestation reference manual pdf.

Regards

Doug.

Comment

• Since he posted his question in the FR24/Radar View thread, I suspect he wants to get the file format for basestation.ini so he can set it up for FR24 usage.
              Don - W3DRM - Minden, Nevada - USA --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FR24 ID: KRN02

Comment

• Originally posted by ftonioli View Post
                The BaseStation.ini is a plain text file. It contains all the settings that control how the BaseStation software is presented to the user.

The BaseStation software is freely available to download and installing it creates a default ini file which you can edit either directly or through the BaseStation software interface.

Radar View can refer to the ini file to define outline and waypoint colours.

I'd recommend downloading the BaseStation software to create a default ini file. Then experiment with the outline and waypoint settings. Closing BaseStation will save the settings and overwrite the ini file.

And as suggested, Bones' website is a useful source of help:

Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Radar mode does not work. I have a Flight Radar 24 receiver on my local network. So I entered its IP address. But as soon as I turn on Local traffic, the website warns me that it will switch to an insecure site. That's ok. And this site loads and I can type in my local receiver IP address.

But what's not okay is that both browsers I have tried obviously block the cross site scripting requests. Both Chrome and Firefox neglect to show the icons on the right side (settings, +/-, ?) and only show 5 blank boxes. The local aircraft list shows up correctly (and my local aircraft). But none of the preset addons will load: "World Airports" and "World cities" for example. Clicking those blue boxes bring up a blank error message that I have to close.

I checked the logging on Firefox and it shows the security errors. Here's what shows up when I click one of those links:
                  "Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at H t t p : // www flightradar24 com/static/json/radarview/cities.json?ts=414895. (Reason: CORS preflight channel did not succeed)."

In my research, I was able to hack in support for the missing icons on the right side of the screen. I am using the CORS Everywhere 20150910-1410 addon by spenibus and the Toggle Mixed Active Content 2.0 addon. These are pretty heavy-duty plugins that I don't recommend others use.

But back to the problem... Radar view does not work for me. I am only guessing that a localhost system would work, but this one is throwing some intense security-related issues for modern browsers. Is there a workaround? If not, I don't get a very nice view of the radar. I get the planes, and the list of ones my system is tracking locally, but no nearby airports for reference. Can someone at FR24 fix the site to prevent access to the https portion completely? I think that is the problem, combined with the local IP lookup.

My only guess is to use a proxy server on localhost that redirects to the FR24 box, assuming localhost queries work. Or maybe I can suck in the cities and airports using a file? Help!

(Also, there is another bug. The site will not switch back to the secure mode. There's no setting that switches back. Even turning off Local Traffic does not do this as expected.)

EDIT: THE SYSTEM SEEMS TO BE FIXED NOW, WITH A LOT FEWER ERRORS! SKIP TO PAGE 42.
                  Last edited by FlyoverCountry; 2017-05-26, 01:19.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyoverCountry View Post
                    <stuff>
                    Thats possibly something that wasn't considered when the domain turned on secure http/certificates. Ooops
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Actually looking at the links, or lack thereof. I'm not entirely sure it's still being supported/promoted

Legacy link? Sure.. but can't seem to find a live path to it.
                      radarview.JPG
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I am using the direct links from the main page -> Radar View -> Turn on Local --> Website says it needs to be switched to insecure HTTP site --> site now loads with missing icons on the right --> I click the settings icon and type in my local IP address of the FR24 receiver and turn on local data.

This shows my local planes in red, but only shows icons if I hack Firefox to allow cross-site scripting.

I was able to load a few OUT files. I found some USA outlines that show the 50 states and the airport runways. These are on Yahoo's Planeplotter Group download page. The quasi-link is h t t p s : / / groups [dot] yahoo [dot] com/neo/groups/planeplotter/files but you have to join the Planeplotter group for that to work. I found my outlines under "USA Outlines" directory. With these changes (browser hacks plus the uploading of about 7 OUT files) I have a reasonably useful Radar View screen. I still cannot load any of the pre-defined outlines that are offered on the "?" screen that has the 4 blue buttons to click.

Comment

• I have a similar problem with Radar View. I also have missing icons on the right, but clicking on the black squares the links still function.
                          Also I run a raspberry pi3 to feed. Viewing radar view on a laptop on same wifi network and entering the ip address of raspberry pi3 does not show local data, but tells me local data failed 4 times in a row and will be disabled. Screenshot below. Any help appreciated.

Image radar view.jpg

Doug
                          T-EGCC288.
                          Last edited by drworld88; 2017-05-01, 19:34. Reason: Picture added

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyoverCountry View Post
                            I am using the direct links from the main page -> Radar View -> Turn on Local --> Website says it needs to be switched to insecure HTTP site --> site now loads with missing icons on the right --> I click the settings icon and type in my local IP address of the FR24 receiver and turn on local data.

This shows my local planes in red, but only shows icons if I hack Firefox to allow cross-site scripting.

I was able to load a few OUT files. I found some USA outlines that show the 50 states and the airport runways. These are on Yahoo's Planeplotter Group download page. The quasi-link is h t t p s : / / groups [dot] yahoo [dot] com/neo/groups/planeplotter/files but you have to join the Planeplotter group for that to work. I found my outlines under "USA Outlines" directory. With these changes (browser hacks plus the uploading of about 7 OUT files) I have a reasonably useful Radar View screen. I still cannot load any of the pre-defined outlines that are offered on the "?" screen that has the 4 blue buttons to click.
                            Oh there it is, the view dropdown. I couldn't locate the link to it so wasn't sure it existed.

Comment

• Originally posted by drworld88 View Post
                              I have a similar problem with Radar View. I also have missing icons on the right, but clicking on the black squares the links still function.
                              Also I run a raspberry pi3 to feed. Viewing radar view on a laptop on same wifi network and entering the ip address of raspberry pi3 does not show local data, but tells me local data failed 4 times in a row and will be disabled. Screenshot below. Any help appreciated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8629[/ATTACH]

Doug
                              T-EGCC288.
                              It relies on data out, and active contacts of course - but depnds on if you use fr24bundled or have separate installed dump1090. Make sure that it is launching with either --net (separate dump1090), or has the 30003 data out option enabled on the config page (bundled)

Comment

• Doug, you are doing it wrong. Skip the "http" portion and just type in your radar receiver's IP address or its hostname. i.e. like this:

or like this (As long as your radar is configured to have a hostname and is being stored in your local DNS):

myradar

I am not sure if you can type in a special port number using a :8080 or :3227 appended to the end, assuming that your box is not configured for port 80 web access.

Comment

Working...
                                X