No announcement yet.

Radar View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This option will be added, but in about 3 weeks, it's on the TODO list but it must wait for its turn, sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by piopawlu View Post
      This option will be added, but in about 3 weeks, it's on the TODO list but it must wait for its turn, sorry.
      Great news, eagerly awaited I'm sure by all.
      T-EGMC14 -- RTL2832U / R820T+ Raspberry Pi + Dump1090 with home made 8 element colinear 12m above ground level.

Comment

• Great, thanks!

Could you advise re my query about the .wpt and .out files only display on the one workstation at all?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by EGCB_Steve View Post
          Could you advise re my query about the .wpt and .out files only display on the one workstation at all?
          Your uploaded files are stored in your local browser not on a FR24 server.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR24support View Post
            Your uploaded files are stored in your local browser not on a FR24 server.
            Ahh, ok thanks, that explains things - Are they classed as 'Temporary Internet Files' then, and would clearing the browser's cache mean that I would have to reload the files?
            Thanks for your help.

Comment

• In Chrome, recommended for RadarView, the files are found under "All Cookies and Site Data" as Local Storage.

Comment

• Does anyone have a waypoint file for all of Europe (or at least GB/NL/FR/DE?)

I've not managed to find one as yet

Thanks in advance!
                RTL1090 | Planeplotter: kS (Manchester area SMU) | FlightRadar24: T-EGCC23 | Live-Military-Mode-S: Stalybridge, GB
                Nikon D90 | Nikkor 18-105VR | Tamron 70-300 Di LD
                Basestation.SQB file for PlanePlotter - Updated 03/08/13

Comment

• Hello how do you import way point files

Comment

• RadarView accepts the Basestation style Waypoint (.wpt) files.

These can be downloaded from various sources or created and then uploaded to RadarView.

More information about Waypoint files can be found on Bones' Tutorials:

Comment

• Hi,
                      Could one of the admins update the first post in the thread to describe exactly what radarview does and what the pre-requisites are to make local data available.

I think it maybe that you need to run the BaseStation software and not necessarily the uploader on the current PC - I'm not sure though. The Windows based FR24 uploader can see DUMP1090 running on the PI on 192.268.0.132 on my home network, but radarview doesn't appear to see the data).

Comment

• If you have the Flightradar24 Feeder software running and uploading data from your decoding software, RadarView should show your local traffic which you can display in a different colour.

RadarView is a Premium feature offering a customisable "radar map" displaying FR24 traffic where you can differentiate your own feed by selecting a different colour. You can change colours for sea/land/coastline, aircraft ascent, descent and level plus upload your own waypoints and outlines. RadarView is easy to use, free and worth a test drive.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR24support View Post
                          If you have the Flightradar24 Feeder software running and uploading data from your decoding software, RadarView should show your local traffic which you can display in a different colour.

RadarView is a Premium feature offering a customisable "radar map" displaying FR24 traffic where you can differentiate your own feed by selecting a different colour. You can change colours for sea/land/coastline, aircraft ascent, descent and level plus upload your own waypoints and outlines. RadarView is easy to use, free and worth a test drive.
                          Gotcha! Thanks.

We need to have the FR24 uploader running on the computer that is running the browser that we are using for Radarview ... and that FR24 uploader must be handling out 'basestation (or dump1090) data'

Not seeing the wood because there are too many trees in the way!

Top left of screen, there are zoom buttons and two links "Settings" and "Info" - to show local traffic, go into settings and click the Show Local Traffic box - and it starts looking at the up-loader module data.

(Mike: Can this be added to the first post in the thread - so people see what they need do without searching to find what's wrong)
                          Last edited by peterhr; 2013-08-29, 08:38.

Comment

• Originally posted by piopawlu View Post
                            This option will be added, but in about 3 weeks, it's on the TODO list but it must wait for its turn, sorry.
                            Good morning - any update on progress on this change please? We're really keen to start using Radar View, however the ability to only have only one aircraft label displayed at any one moment in time is really preventing us from doing so.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by EGCB_Steve View Post
                              Good morning - any update on progress on this change please? We're really keen to start using Radar View, however the ability to only have only one aircraft label displayed at any one moment in time is really preventing us from doing so.

Thanks in advance.
                              piopawlu didn't manage to fix this before his vacation, so it have to wait some more weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                piopawlu didn't manage to fix this before his vacation, so it have to wait some more weeks.
                                :-( This is a real disappointment I have to say. As a feature of your Premium Service shouldn't you be prioritising these fixes? is it really dependent on just one developer ? Can we be given a firm date, as this issue is really spoiling an otherwise excellent service.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X