No announcement yet.

Radar View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry 'bout that, the computer that I'm running rtl1090 and feed software is a windows 7 64 bit. It all seems to be working that I can see, receiving aircraft, and feeding it to FR24Feed. But if I go on the 'net to the flightradar24.com website, login, and go to the radar view shortcut, and under Settings check the box LOCAL AC (localhost), after a while it comes up with the message "Local data failed 4 times, will be disabled now".
    Originally I installed all of this and ran it on a windows 7 32 bit laptop, which received and fed to flightradar24.com. I could go to my account and radar view and see the aircraft i am contributing.
    I can only imagine there is an issue with it being a 64 bit machine.

Comment

As FR24Support has pointed out it are you attempting to browse the internet and view it on the SAME pc as the decoder/uploader. If not you need to change the configuration in RadarView to look for the data on the IP of the machine with the hardware on it (the same as your weather station).

By default radar view looks on the PC you are currently working on for the traffic. If it cannot find it, it fails.

The alternative is if you have not adjusted the commandline and everything is still running off port 30001 and not 30003

And this issue is related to radarview. Not the feed software, so moved
      Last edited by Oblivian; 2013-06-17, 21:29.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Ok no worries mate, like I said I'm a newbie to all of this.

Comment

It turns out to be an old version of Internet Explorer. Since I updated to IE 10 I can now view the aircraft on the pc. It would be nice if I could view them on the flightradar24 page from any computer.

Comment

Originally posted by peejay View Post
            It turns out to be an old version of Internet Explorer. Since I updated to IE 10 I can now view the aircraft on the pc. It would be nice if I could view them on the flightradar24 page from any computer.
            This may have nothing to do with solving your issue as I'm no techie but comes straight from the FAQ page of the map;

"What web browser should I use to watch Flightradar24.com?

Flightradar24 depends heavily on the use of Javascript/Ajax (Flash and Java is not used), and works best with fast web browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera. Internet Explorer is not recommended when using Flightradar24. There is no support for Internet Explorer 6."

Regards,
            Gregg
            YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Hi, just got FR24 Premium and have set up radar view using Chrome. I just see the diamonds for aircraft and compass rose for VOR's, there is no data as to callsigns, FL, etc that is available in the normal map view. If I hover over an A/C I can see the data, but surely this is not normal ? I've looked at setting but cannot see anything to switch this on ? I'm sure I'm missing something ?
              Thanks
              John
              T-EGMC14 -- RTL2832U / R820T+ Raspberry Pi + Dump1090 with home made 8 element colinear 12m above ground level.

Comment

Hi,

When I scroll the window, all disapears, going to a black gackground with nothing on it. Firefox, W7-64.

Comment

Originally posted by F1JEK View Post
                  Hi,

When I scroll the window, all disapears, going to a black gackground with nothing on it. Firefox, W7-64.
                  Isn't that because Radar View only works in Chrome or Safari as noted on the info page ?
                  T-EGMC14 -- RTL2832U / R820T+ Raspberry Pi + Dump1090 with home made 8 element colinear 12m above ground level.

Comment

Originally posted by milair View Post
                    Hi, just got FR24 Premium and have set up radar view using Chrome. I just see the diamonds for aircraft and compass rose for VOR's, there is no data as to callsigns, FL, etc that is available in the normal map view. If I hover over an A/C I can see the data, but surely this is not normal ? I've looked at setting but cannot see anything to switch this on ? I'm sure I'm missing something ?
                    Thanks
                    John
                    What you are seeing on 'Radar View' is correct, it is designed look like an 'air traffic control radar display'

Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-06-25, 15:11.
                    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
                      What you seeing on 'Radar View' is correct, it is designed look like an 'air traffic control radar display'

http://www.coaa.co.uk/PPanim.gif
                      Thanks Speedbird1960, but I am NOT seeing any data next to each A/C ?
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by milair View Post
                        Thanks Speedbird1960, but I am NOT seeing any data next to each A/C ?
                        On 'Radar View' you will only see the Aircraft data and track when you click on the Aircraft Icon.

The Map would be to cluttered and difficult to read if every Icon had data next to it .
                        Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-06-25, 15:31.
                        AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
                          On 'Radar View' you will only see the Aircraft data and track when you click on the Aircraft Icon.

The Map would be to cluttered and difficult to read if every Icon had data next to it .
                          I don't see the logic - in map view if it gets cluttered then you zoom in to a closer view, Radar View does not reflect the real world radar view as seen by ATC ??
                          The link you gave to PlanePlotter gives this info ?
                          I'll go back to map view so I can see the callsigns etc of the a/c I'm monitoring on EGLL and EGSS approach and tower frequencies I guess.
                          Last edited by milair; 2013-06-25, 20:01.

Comment

• Hi

Originally posted by milair View Post
                            I don't see the logic - in map view if it gets cluttered then you zoom in to a closer view, Radar View does not reflect the real world radar view as seen by ATC ??
                            The link you gave to PlanePlotter gives this info ?
                            I'll go back to map view so I can see the callsigns etc of the a/c I'm monitoring on EGLL and EGSS approach and tower frequencies I guess.
                            I must agree with milair... I understand that detailed labels should only be available from a certain amount of radarscreen zoom, but I believe that at least the flightID should be visible at any view of radarview!

Best regards,
                            Miguel Silva

Comment

• Hello.

I set up Radarview yesterday and spent quite a lot of time getting the screen configured to my liking by way of importing .out and .wpt files etc. I do have a couple of general comments :

As per the previous two comments,I would suggest that not having the FlightID, (any maybe altitude, squawk etc), visible for all targets on the display really makes it unusable - Users want to see 'at a glance' what is happening in their area - having to roll over each aircraft to identify them isn't workable. I want to have the display running on a screen and to glance at it periodically to see what is happening of interest. 'Real' air traffic radar displays show the target information against all targets (unless filtered).
                              I can understand the comment re clutter if a wide area is displayed (e.g the whole of the UK), so perhaps the information could be displayed when the zoom level reaches and area of say 100 square miles and therefore the clutter would be minimal. You could further reduce clutter by allowing the user to filter against traffic above/ below a certain altitude.

Also - when I upload the .out / .wpt files can someone confirm that these are actually saved in the 'cloud' (i.e on FR24's server)? If so, I have a query as to why my configured display only shows on the workstation I set it up on? If I open a session on another workstation then the default display is shown - Do I individually have to configure each workstation ?

Many thanks

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by EGCB_Steve View Post
                                As per the previous two comments,I would suggest that not having the FlightID, (any maybe altitude, squawk etc), visible for all targets on the display really makes it unusable - Users want to see 'at a glance' what is happening in their area - having to roll over each aircraft to identify them isn't workable. I want to have the display running on a screen and to glance at it periodically to see what is happening of interest. 'Real' air traffic radar displays show the target information against all targets (unless filtered).
                                Doesn't seem to be any response to our request ????

Comment

Working...
                                X