Radar View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew Dale View Post
    Anyone know if its possible to see you own radar callsign on the map?? Is so how do you do it.
    If you mean your own location you can create a waypoint and "upload" it in RadarView.

To understand more about outlines and waypoints, have a read of Bones' Tutorials:

RadarView is highly customisable.

Comment

OK sounds good, but those tutorials look like they are for something else, not radarview thats in FR24. Unless the tutorials are universal.

Comment

Its universal. You asked in the Feeding Software thread (when there is a dedicated radar view one) what the upload button is for. And that is it. Create GPX/Waypoints. And overlay them on the map
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks again Oblivian, your a wealth of knowledge. I appreciate the help

Comment

Just remember to watch what you post in the help threads are relevant to that help area/subject, and try not to as multiple subject questions in one of these. (And check for active threads of similar nature before starting new ones each time.)
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Yep ok will do, sorry chief. I will do some searching for what i am after thanks.

Comment

I am feeding to FR24 using one of your free receivers. Slightly puzzled by what I am picking up and what not. Yesterday I had two aircraft at FL370 and 340, in close proximity to each other, at about 400 km from my position. Both would be line of sight. One was in red, "local ac", the other not. The one that was closer to me AND higher was NOT showing as being "local ac". Can someone explain how this could be?

Comment

I think when other radar have contact with airplane and plane goes to your feeding zone but still have contact with prev. radar - he stays with prev radar untill prev. radar lost plane.
                  T-UKKK11

Comment

Interesting. Seems unlikely though. Surely the ac would show in red in both users' radar view otherwise what is the point of the local ac facility? Also, if what you say is right, I would expect a lot more ac to not show in red as most will be still in contact with another radar when I "see" them.

Not saying you are wrong, just doesn't seem likely. Is there an FR24 support tech who can answer?

Actually, I just did a test and it is definitely not what previous poster suggested. I have a nearby airport where my radar does not "see" ac until they "come round a corner" and reach a certain height to become line of sight. An ac just took off, coloured blue and tracked by a radar nearer to this airport. As soon as it became line of sight, it became red. At this point, it would have still been tracked by the original radar I am certain, as it was still very close to the source airport, and this is confirmed in normal view.
                    Last edited by cretanrunner; 2013-06-10, 10:01.

Comment

More on the above question. I have two ac close to each other, same distance from me, similar altitudes. One is shown as red in RV, but is showing as being tracked by another radar in normal view, the other is white in RV, but is shown being tracked by my radar in normal view. ???

Comment

Hi all,,

I am a newbie so far, but I have read all the 9 pages in this thread and can't find a solution to my problem. My radar view freezes after few minutes (seconds) with no error messages. The planes just remain in a given position until a manually refresh the web page. I have tried debian and W7 OS always with chrome. I am not displaying local data.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi there, I have just started in the Riverland region north east of Adelaide in Aus. and I have installed all software to receive and feed it up to FlightRadar24.com. Originally I set it up on my Win 7 pro 32 bit laptop which fed the plane data up and I could view it on Radar view with my premium account without any issues. I have since installed it all on a Win 7 64 bit laptop which also uploads my live weather data to my website and for some reason I cannot view the aircraft data on radar view. I get a message "Local data failed 4 times in a row, will be disabled now" if I have LOCAL traffic (localhost) selected. I'm a bit of a newbie at all of this and would appreciate some of advice on what might be the problem. I have also tried going back to the 32 bit pc and it works fine.

Comment

What is the IP address in LocalHost and is the decoding software running on the same PC as RadarView?

Comment

The localhost IP is 127.0.0.1:30003 running on the 64 bit pc which is the same on the 32 bit pc. I have logged into flightradar24.com and tried radarview on both laptops and both come up with that failed 4 times error. If I stop rtl1090 and fr24feed on the 64 bit machine and take the dvb-t stick out and insert it into the 32 bit machine run rtl1090 and fr24feed and go to radarview and have the LOCAL AC checked it works fine and I can see the aircraft I am contributing.

Comment

I'm not too sure I understand what is running where?

On which PC do you have RTL1090 and our feeder software running? Is this the same PC that you are using for RadarView that doesn't work?

Comment

Working...
                                X