Radar View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GregHudson View Post
    Now that I have the link to radarview, I can't see the point of it all.

Are there any benefits over the normal Google Map view ?
    There are three main advantages that I can see:

1. You can choose the outline colours.

2. You can add your own outlines and waypoints

3. You can differentiate your own data.

It's meant to offer a "radar" type map as opposed to Google Maps.

Comment

Hi,
      I'm a new user, and feeder since half hour. So I got premium access, all good, until I went for RadarView...
      I pressed to download World airports, runways, cities, etc... But my screen stays totally black. Is there anything that I'm missing?

Cheers

Vincent Buttstedt

EDIT: On my Sony Vaio Win7 works, on my MacBook it doesn't work...

Comment

What browser are you using and have you zoomed out?

Comment

Safari. And yes I zoomed out.

Comment

Originally posted by v_buttstedt View Post
            Safari. And yes I zoomed out.
            Have you tried Reset all Settings?

Comment

Originally posted by FR24support View Post
              Have you tried Reset all Settings?
              Yes i did.

When I move the mouse, I do get airplane tags... Will try google chrome also.

Comment

For RadarView set the LocalHost to:
                192.168.0.100:80
                Please help, How can I do this ?
                pratista

Comment

To go online correctly, do I need to install "fr24feed.exe" software ?

Comment

Hi,
                    I still don't get it working on Mac via Safari, Although it's not a big issue for me at the moment, i'd like to help if you want to solve this.

Another question, would it be possible to either the Flightradar24 mac app to receive from the windows PC that has the ADB-S tracker, or a download for an offline version of the radar view?
                    As I sometimes am in places where I don't have internet, but would like to see what planes are around me.

Comment

Hi all,

I seem to be getting a Radar-within-Radar when using RadarView and Chrome.

I am able to generate this at will, simply by measuring the distance between two planes, then zooming out. Once zoomed out, I get the Image shown below. Note the Image within image bottom right.

Using Windows Vista - Chrome and Ethernet Connection.

Thanks

RadarView Error.jpg
                      T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
                      Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
                      Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

Originally posted by Responder View Post
                        Hi all,

I seem to be getting a Radar-within-Radar when using RadarView and Chrome.

I am able to generate this at will, simply by measuring the distance between two planes, then zooming out. Once zoomed out, I get the Image shown below. Note the Image within image bottom right.

Using Windows Vista - Chrome and Ethernet Connection.

Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2085[/ATTACH]
                        I got the same problem. I only have to point the cursor on one of the aircraft marks. Sometimes it shows the details and somtimes like you describe. I do not have to zoom.

Comment

Anyone know if its possible to see you own radar callsign on the map?? Is so how do you do it.

Comment

I don't get what it is Radar View is showing regarding "LOCAL traffic (localhost)"
                            Example: My RTL1090 picks up 31 aircraft. I understand that the feeder software can no accept all of them because of incomplite/unstaple data. Only 6 AC are passed on to FR24.

But radarview shows 18 red (local traffic) plots. I thought that Radar View gets the local traffic directly from the feed software. How does that add up?

Number of AC.jpg

Not complaining. Just trying to understand

Comment

RadarView is getting the data direct from your receiver and displaying it alongside other aircraft in a customisable "radar view".

Of the 31 aircraft shown by RTL1090, how many of them are transmitting positions?

Comment

Kpin: your rtl1090 is also picking up aircraft that only report their altitude but not their GPS position - they have a mode-S transponder but not ADS-B.
                                That makes it hard to plot them on the map, at least until fr24 finishes their Multilateration trials...
                                - Matt
                                T-YPPH2

Comment

Working...
                                X