Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coxy
    replied
    Me too, i have also suggested that the main screen just hightlight our own supplied aircraft in a different colour or hatching etc I prefer the standard view over the radar view.

Leave a comment:

• drworld88
    replied
    Originally posted by malross99 View Post
    I have the same issue. Have tried adding port number to the IP address as has been suggested, but no luck. Any assistance greatly appreciated.
    I also have tried unsuccessfully to get radar view to work with a rpi for over 6 months. Tried all as you have adding port number as well. i can get it to work if i feed fr24 from a pc attached sbs-1e as localhost though. But that isn't what i wanted!! Given up now.

Regards
    Doug

T-EGCC288

Leave a comment:

• malross99
    replied
    I have the same issue. Have tried adding port number to the IP address as has been suggested, but no luck. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Vejrmanden
    replied
    Hello
    In radar view I get this error message: "Could not load remote data: error" all the time. It is the same on three different computers. The radar screen freezes and a pop up window shows the error message.
    It is the same in both Firefox and Chrome. I have even tried with two different anti virus programmes, to see if that could be the problem, but no luck.

Any ideas.

Leave a comment:

• akash386
    replied
    Originally posted by jormakos View Post
    I am not able to answer about font size or text visibility. Here in Finland both work ok on the Radar View, also my own waypoints are clearly visible. However, the FR24 Radar View map seems to use a slight variation of the Universal Transverse Mercator Conformal projection model. Please note all four words, there are two other Mercator projections, standard and cylindrical, both in either ellipsoidal or spherical form.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8911[/ATTACH]

First of all, thank you for taking the time to explaining it all, but i think this is simply not acceptable. FR24 labels this as a "Premium" feature. If this is what i get for a premium then its not worth it. if you put it for the free users, its acceptable that the map for your area is all streched and ugly to look at and that a circular TMA in your FIR looks like an egg.
    If any FR24 developers/staff members are reading this, please do something about it, make different projections available for different regions if possible so that the area of the user is projected at least acceptable. but this is simply not working and makes the radar view useless in all regions near the equator.

Leave a comment:

• jormakos
    replied
    Originally posted by akash386 View Post
    I recently started using the radar view and making my own outlines and waypoints.
    The radar map for suriname, guyana, French Guiana etc (near equator , south america) appear strechted vertically.
    I am not able to answer about font size or text visibility. Here in Finland both work ok on the Radar View, also my own waypoints are clearly visible. However, the FR24 Radar View map seems to use a slight variation of the Universal Transverse Mercator Conformal projection model. Please note all four words, there are two other Mercator projections, standard and cylindrical, both in either ellipsoidal or spherical form.

utm-universal-transverse-mercator-17-638.jpg

As opposed to more usual projections an important consequence of conformality is that relative angles at each point of the map are correct, and the local scale (although varying throughout the map) in every direction around any one point is constant. This means that in smaller areas of the map, like the continental US or Western Europe the compass headings and distances are true. This is important and helpful for both pilots and local or adjacent Area Traffic Controls. For longer distances and transcontinental flights various forms of GPS navigation and/or gyrocompasses are used to plot out a Great Circle Map route because polar areas cannot be represented in any Mercator projection.

On an ordinary map Greenland seems bigger than Africa although Greenland is only one fourteenth of its size. Similarly Finland seems as big as India when in reality India is ten times the size of Finland.
    Most people use Google Maps. It uses a Web-Mercator projection with WGS84 data to pinpoint places. This is useful only in local close-ups. In world wide view the map slowly turns in to a globe. It cannot be used for accurate navigation.

The Conformal Transverse projection and variations of it were developed by the US Army Corps of Engineers and it is or has been used by NOOA and NATO systems and the current US Military Grid Reference System is based on it.

The Universal Transverse Mercator coordinate system

Map projection

Leave a comment:

• akash386
    replied
    i don't know if this thread is still active or not but here it goes:
    I recently started using the radar view and making my own outlines and waypoints.
    The radar map for suriname, guyana, French Guiana etc (near equator , south america) appear strechted vertically. I have attached some screenshots to show that.
    i Have the problem on chrome, firefox even internet explorer. The text labels are also NOT readable. Anyone have any idea why the map is streched and how to fix it?
    Second issue, how do i get to change the font on the labels? the default one is simply horrible. Also how do i change font type on the waypoits?
    FR Radar.jpgCIRCLE.JPG
    Last edited by akash386; 2017-10-15, 02:00. Reason: add picture

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by Amber View Post
    Hello! Could you please help with the following situation - I can see the SP-XENU on the FR24 only when is in the air. Why I can not see the historical data?
    And another issue - the icon is AIRPLANE, how to change for gyrocopter (or helicopter at least?)?
    Thanks for any advice you can provide.
    If you select it. Look at the information pane. If it is empty, it's an unknown aircraft/type etc and needs to be added to database. Historical flights issue may be related

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Amber
    replied
    Hello! Could you please help with the following situation - I can see the SP-XENU on the FR24 only when is in the air. Why I can not see the historical data?
    And another issue - the icon is AIRPLANE, how to change for gyrocopter (or helicopter at least?)?
    Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Leave a comment:

• fungus
    replied
    I'm pleading the usual ignorant defence at this point here. "I've got the Aussie version"

Good luck getting any useful info out of FR24. The saga re the continual logouts still goes on and on and on...

Regards,
    Gregg

BTW. Anytime I click on the ? icon you mention (which, if you hover over it, tells nothing about what it does) AFTER I have loaded all my files and am running radar view, they then disappear and it's back to the basic welcome page again. I refuse to touch it!
    Last edited by fungus; 2017-06-07, 10:53. Reason: corrections

Leave a comment:

• Anmer
    replied
    Maybe FR24 can tell us what the "no entry" icon is supposed to represent and if the "Add to Map" function works when the icon is displayed?

All I know is the "Add to Map" feature is disabled whenever that icon appears. This happens using Firefox and Chrome.

Launch Radar View. Click on the ? icon on the right-hand side to display the "Welcome to Flightradar 24 Radar View" popup.

Use "Add to Map" to add the UK Outlines Sample.

Select "Close and start using Radar View.

Now select the ? icon and try to add the UK Outlines Sample again. The no entry icon displays.

Select the gear wheel and "User data".

Delete the UK Outlines and confirm when asked.

Try the Add to Map again. The no entry icon still displays and the outlines do not load. Repeat many times, same result.

Now refresh the browser page.

Eureka. The Add to Map option is enabled once more and the outlines will load.

Leave a comment:

• fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by Anmer View Post
    It doesn't work if the hover shows a "no entry" sign. The "Add to Map" option is disabled and the UK Outlines don't display.

But if you refresh the browser page, it becomes enabled again. I can easily replicate this behavior.

And adding one's own outlines and waypoints works OK.
    I wouldn't have posted the response if it didn't work. That was my experience. During the past couple of months I've been having an issue with continually being logged off my webpages even though I have had no more than 3 pages or browsers open at one time. I've had support looking into it and their response initially was to clear cache etc. On doing this (on all three browser) I found that all my own data (waypoints and out files etc) needed to be re-entered. Having done this now goodness knows how many times following their advice I noticed that I continually encountered the problem of the 'no entry' sign and ultimately found if it was ignored that it still works. That's across the three browsers I nominated.

Adding my outlines etc was indeed a hassle in that if I didn't start up 'local host' first and added all my files afterwards it would take me back to the original map without my files or in fact anything at all but the blank map on selecting 'local host'. Initially I went around in circles trying to work out a procedure that would work. Again this happened on all three browsers.

As you say, ultimately it works OK, but only if you follow the set procedure, but there's no guidelines to tell you what that procedure is. You may happen to fluke it if the procedure you followed happens to coincide with the correct procedure.

That's probably as clear as mud hence one of the reasons I didn't go into a long winded explanation in my response to Russell. I find radar view very finicky. In fact there are issues right across FR24 if you happen to stumble onto them but anyone who sticks their hand up to notify anyone seems to be ridiculed. I'll go take some migraine meds now!!

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2017-06-07, 07:37.

Leave a comment:

• Anmer
    replied
    Originally posted by fungus View Post
    [B]Ignore that red circle/red line and select it anyway.
    It doesn't work if the hover shows a "no entry" sign. The "Add to Map" option is disabled and the UK Outlines don't display.

But if you refresh the browser page, it becomes enabled again. I can easily replicate this behavior.

And adding one's own outlines and waypoints works OK.

Leave a comment:

• fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by Russellfire View Post
    yeah , tried that but nothing, when I hover mouse pointer over it ,a red circle with a red line through it appears.

Russell
    Russell,

Ignore that red circle/red line and select it anyway. Unfortunately radar view is a bit finicky or particular and even the browser you use can affect this. When I setup radarview it does the same thing and I found this method works on IE, Chrome and Firefox browsers. Setting it up as an uploader with your own waypoints and outline files introduces further issues which need a bit of perseverance to overcome and is another topic altogether.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2017-06-07, 02:37.

Leave a comment:

• Anmer
    replied
    Are you OK now?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X