Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radar View

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hi Mike, Jimm here in Halifax. I have gone all in, looking to feed 24/7 1090mhz antenna on top of the roof next week 7 floors up for now just in the window four floors up. I have radar view up . I'm seeing pink white and blue and yellow points over my area now. Could you advise and how do I know which local aircraft are mine in radar view or default view. Is there a way I can configure local aircraft colors ?
    Jimm

    Comment


    • I understand how to create and edit .wpt and .out files. However, I do not have a basestation.ini file (I do not own that device/program) and I have been unable to figure out how to either change the radar display colors/data or just find a list of what colors FR24 is using so that I can add them to the .wpt/.out files. Does someone have an example .ini file I can use, or a link to what colors in FR24 correspond to which numbers? Thanks.

      On a semi-related topic, is there any way to change the data blocks? I would prefer to have three lines of data.

      Comment


      • Hi all. I have searched high and low for some sort of guide to using Radar View. I can't seem to find one. Is there such a thing?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by djmarko413 View Post
          Hi all. I have searched high and low for some sort of guide to using Radar View. I can't seem to find one. Is there such a thing?
          What exactly are you after.

          Select it, Click the COG icon and enter the IP for your local data source and enable if you wish.
          There you can also load outline and WPT files of your chosing if you wish to do so.
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

          Comment


          • Thanks for the response. I know how to show my local data. There are little things that come up when I'm using it that I can't quite figure out. For instance, if I left click and hold to move the map a little white circle appears with a white line going to another white circle which moves as I move the map. Then when I let go they disappear. I'm guessing from your response that there is no such guide or help info for Radar View.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by djmarko413 View Post
              Thanks for the response. I know how to show my local data. There are little things that come up when I'm using it that I can't quite figure out. For instance, if I left click and hold to move the map a little white circle appears with a white line going to another white circle which moves as I move the map. Then when I let go they disappear. I'm guessing from your response that there is no such guide or help info for Radar View.
              not as such that I know of. the features come and go so if the manual for installing the feeder is anything to go by it wouldn't be very accurate anyway.

              but what you describe sounds to be a distance reporting tool. id need to get infront of a pc to confirm.

              Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

              Comment


              • Seems simply to be a circle to show you the area you were on previously. Like a temporary view change with spot showing where you were to go back to
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

                Comment


                • Is it only official FR24 equipment that will show all the data in the Radar ?
                  I'm using an SDR dongle via windows PC to feed and can see aircraft in the radar but not just the ones I am tracking. When loading the radar, after a short time it says "Local data failed 4 times in a row, will be disabled now". I'm not showing any "Local IP" in my stats either.
                  T-EGPH99

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                    Seems simply to be a circle to show you the area you were on previously. Like a temporary view change with spot showing where you were to go back to
                    Ok, thanks again for the response. I guess I'll have to play and learn.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Billy View Post
                      Is it only official FR24 equipment that will show all the data in the Radar ?
                      I'm using an SDR dongle via windows PC to feed and can see aircraft in the radar but not just the ones I am tracking. When loading the radar, after a short time it says "Local data failed 4 times in a row, will be disabled now". I'm not showing any "Local IP" in my stats either.
                      I'm not showing a Local IP in my stats either, think that's just the way it is. I do, however, get local traffic showing up in radar view. Do you have your local host set up in FR24? It should be the box directly below the slider for local traffic.
                      T-EGPH93 | My Live Feed | ADSB Receiver: Raspberry Pi3+, RTL-SDR v3, RTL-SDR LNA, FA Antenna | Airband Receiver: RPi3 & Diamond D777

                      Comment


                      • That box is showing my name.
                        I do see aircraft in the radar. But loads of them and not "just" what I'm tracking.
                        The local Aircraft list in bottom corner shows 0/0 and clicking on it gives me "Mode-S Callsign Squawk Alt(ft) Latitude Longitude" but no stats. It does track my mouse across the map though.
                        T-EGPH99

                        Comment


                        • It should be the IP address of your PiAware that goes in there...

                          T-EGPH93 | My Live Feed | ADSB Receiver: Raspberry Pi3+, RTL-SDR v3, RTL-SDR LNA, FA Antenna | Airband Receiver: RPi3 & Diamond D777

                          Comment


                          • I'm only using a SDR dongle as yet. My Pi should arrive today at some point
                            T-EGPH99

                            Comment


                            • Ah, in that case I'm not sure. Have you tried putting in the loopback address? (127.0.0.1)
                              T-EGPH93 | My Live Feed | ADSB Receiver: Raspberry Pi3+, RTL-SDR v3, RTL-SDR LNA, FA Antenna | Airband Receiver: RPi3 & Diamond D777

                              Comment


                              • Spot on mate. That done the trick.
                                Cheers for that
                                T-EGPH99

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X