Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radar View

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just create a simple .wpt file with one waypoint to test that it works OK.
    Mike


    www.radarspotting.com

    Radarspotting since 2005

    Comment


    • It works.
      Thanks for support!

      Comment


      • Great.

        You can use Waypoint files to place a point on the map with or without a label. In one or more .wpt files.

        Experiment.
        Mike


        www.radarspotting.com

        Radarspotting since 2005

        Comment


        • Hi,

          I am a new premium user and I tried to read through this thread to become a little smarter. But it seems like my problem hasn't been mentioned before (if it has, I am VERY sorry for repeating it...).

          Computer: MBP OS X (10.9), Firefox browser with adblock.
          Computer: Linux Ubuntu 12.04, Firefox browser without adblock.
          Same result on both computers.

          *How do you move the map?
          -I've tried moving the map like you do on fr24.com, but whenever I try to "drag" it up or down it just goes to black and I have to reload the page.
          -Scrolling with an external mouse gives zoom in, but only above Africa. I cannot move horizontally in the map.
          -Loading data works fine, and the airplanes are moving.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by geoid View Post
            Hi,

            I am a new premium user and I tried to read through this thread to become a little smarter. But it seems like my problem hasn't been mentioned before (if it has, I am VERY sorry for repeating it...).

            Computer: MBP OS X (10.9), Firefox browser with adblock.
            Computer: Linux Ubuntu 12.04, Firefox browser without adblock.
            Same result on both computers.

            *How do you move the map?
            -I've tried moving the map like you do on fr24.com, but whenever I try to "drag" it up or down it just goes to black and I have to reload the page.
            -Scrolling with an external mouse gives zoom in, but only above Africa. I cannot move horizontally in the map.
            -Loading data works fine, and the airplanes are moving.
            geoid,

            I think you'll find it's related to your browser. I have a vague recollection of the same experience when I only had Firefox (and IE) on my laptop and just tried it to see if it would work. Try Google Chrome. That (if I remember correctly) fixed it for me. There is a discussion on browsers on page 2 of this thread.

            Regards,
            Gregg
            Last edited by fungus; 2014-11-21, 21:42.
            YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

            Comment


            • Originally posted by fungus View Post
              geoid,

              I think you'll find it's related to your browser. I have a vague recollection of the same experience when I only had Firefox (and IE) on my laptop and just tried it to see if it would work. Try Google Chrome. That (if I remember correctly) fixed it for me. There is a discussion on browsers on page 2 of this thread.

              Regards,
              Gregg
              I didn't really want to abandon my beloved firefox (it's like with airlines, once you've found your love - you're forever faithful ... ha ha). But I must admit. It works flawlessly with chrome. Thank you so much for the tip!

              Now, diving into the fantastic world of customization. First stop: waypoints. The geek inside me smiles

              Comment


              • Originally posted by geoid View Post
                I didn't really want to abandon my beloved firefox (it's like with airlines, once you've found your love - you're forever faithful ... ha ha). But I must admit. It works flawlessly with chrome. Thank you so much for the tip!

                Now, diving into the fantastic world of customization. First stop: waypoints. The geek inside me smiles
                Yes, I felt the same as well as having to handle three separate browsers on the one lappy.

                .... and no worries.

                Regards,
                Gregg
                YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

                Comment


                • There's so many options on this fantastic interweb!
                  Got my waypoints and some of the normal routes outlined across scandinavia now.

                  But I suddenly remembered one of the early features of the free fr24 - you could see the coverage from the radars. Is there some way of turning on where the radars have coverage? Or is this disabled due to privacy? Which I can understand, I just remembered this old feature and thought maybe it is offered for premium users I remember it was these blue circles surrounding the cities. Oh, how happy I was when radar coverage kicked off in the northern regions... We've come so far since that!

                  Comment


                  • (Edit: solved)

                    Is there a problem today with radarview? Or have I a problem?

                    I can not see my local traffic. Yesterday without any problem.

                    Erase cookies, update Java, unsuccessfully. Tried also with Explorer, not only Chrome. The same problem.

                    I know I'm feeding OK. Local IP of the FR24 receiver/feeder is OK. I donīt have the usual error when can not see the IP feeder (four times failed and off) But at the upper right, indicates "Local Aircraft List (toggle): 0/0" and none of the planes are in red (usually near 20)

                    Any ideas?
                    Last edited by Barbagris; 2015-01-27, 11:29.

                    Comment


                    • I've had the same problem for several days now. Has the port number been changed?

                      Comment


                      • Working fine in Australia. Have you recently rebooted your router as the router may have assigned a different address at reboot. The new address will need to be restated in the radar settings menu.

                        Note, I use red for descending, blue for ascending, green for level & white for local traffic.
                        Last edited by 847563; 2015-01-26, 21:54.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by 847563 View Post
                          Working fine in Australia. Have you recently rebooted your router as the router may have assigned a different address at reboot. The new address will need to be restated in the radar settings menu.
                          No, and maintains the same IP (is fixed). I can get into the FR box with the browser, and "uptime" says "six days".

                          I know I'm feeding FR24, I see my F-code on some aircraft.

                          If I look at the local traffic on port :30003 see a continuous stream of data.

                          In RadarView the port is :80, which is what I was told and I worked properly until yesterday. RadarView not "reject" me, then receives data out there. Port :30003 gave inmediately an error.

                          But Radarview do not show me local traffic.

                          Originally posted by 847563 View Post
                          Note, I use red for descending, blue for ascending, green for level & white for local traffic.
                          Tested your color scheme. I like it, but now I donīt have white planes

                          Thanks you all. Now I know it's my problem (a local one, not general). If I discover the cause I will put here.
                          Last edited by Barbagris; 2015-01-27, 17:17.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Barbagris View Post
                            Is there a problem today with radarview? Or have I a problem?

                            I can not see my local traffic. Yesterday without any problem.

                            Erase cookies, update Java, unsuccessfully. Tried also with Explorer, not only Chrome. The same problem.

                            I know I'm feeding OK. Local IP of the FR24 receiver/feeder is OK. I donīt have the usual error when can not see the IP feeder (four times failed and off) But at the upper right, indicates "Local Aircraft List (toggle): 0/0" and none of the planes are in red (usually near 20)

                            Any ideas?
                            Port 30003 has no output. Look at your fr24 status page and it will show the port the feed uses which is ordinarily Port 30334. That is what you enter in local port for radarview.

                            John
                            F-RPVD1
                            Dumaguete

                            Comment


                            • Solved.

                              Reboot FR24 receiver and all works fine. Inmediately.

                              Same IP and ports.

                              No idea reason.

                              Sorry for the inconveniences.

                              Comment


                              • I had same problem as Barbagris. I also had static IP address. I had changed nothing. Port was 80. Nothing changed but could not see local traffic for several days. Today, everything is fine again, just as it used to be. No reboot of receiver or of router. Only the PC was shut-down overnight, but I do that every night and it had not fixed it before. Something is not right it seems.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X