Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska Airlines No Information

Hi,
    Even though I am quite new to this still .. can someone please help me out as to why nearly every flight of alaska airlines .. has hardly any info them .. reg/type etc. Is this normal. I am in australia and when I recently travelled to the US .. I became attached to alaska airlines and want to follow them. Especially over the west coast and hawaii not much data.
    Thanks in advance

Only a few of their aircraft are equipped with active ADS-B transponders. No ADS-B - no display on the maps. You will, however, see them if you turn on FAA data, but with a 5 minute delay.

See the FAQ section for how this site works.

I do wonder if they deactivate th transponder on delivery. I have seen several AS aircraft doind deliverytest on BOE flightnumbers..
    ENFB.net
    Radarstation KGVL

Comment

Thanks LN-MOW for the reply .. I would have thought that flying 737-8 a fairly new aircraft compared to a 737-4 , that they would of been equipped .. I have just found a similar question to Westjet as well

Comment

In my database for Southern California. I'm showing 5 aircraft for Alaska Airlines with ADS-B. Total of 117 Alaska aircraft in my list.

Only 5 Alaska aircraft sending out the FlightID callsigns. Plus the 4 on the bottom of this post.
        Most of the other Alaska aircraft isn't sending out FlightIDs.

N536AS - Boeing 737-890 - [ADS-B & Sending FlightID Callsigns]
        The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

N537AS - Boeing 737-890 - [ADS-B & Sending FlightID Callsigns]
        The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

N538AS - Boeing 737-890 - [ADS-B & Sending FlightID Callsigns]

N402AS - Boeing 737-990ER - [ADS-B & Sending FlightID Callsigns]

N403AS - Boeing 737-990ER - [ADS-B & Sending FlightID Callsigns]

Alaska Airlines

Few others from the link above with ADS-B.

Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2012-12-21, 03:15.
        Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
        [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

I'm the feeder on the West side of the island of Hawaii and here is what I've observed about Alaska aircraft. They do show up as FAA feeds, and only a very few get picked up by my ADS-B receiver. You can usually spot the ones that will get picked up when the get here if you can find a call sign and the registration number in the FAA feed, which indicates that it was picked up by another mainland ADS-B receiver before coming across the Pacific.

My receiver is about 150 NM from HNL, and usually loses the signal at roughly 6,000 ft altitude as they approach HNL, so the duration of my receiver seeing them is pretty brief.

My sense is that the Westjet aircraft coming up to Hawaii from the South Pacific are mostly, if not all ADS-B equipped and get picked up at altitude typically about 200-250 NM away and get tracked most of the way to HNL. Again, they get lost as they descend on approaching HNL.

Chuck

Comment

99 WestJet aircraft Fleet in my Southern California database.

All WestJet Boeing 737-76N isn't equipped with ADS-B in my database.
            C-FJWS
            C-FKWS
            C-FZWS
            C-GUWS
            C-GTWS
            C-FIWS
            C-GLWS
            C-GWSH
            C-GRWS
            C-GWSE

WestJet's Boeing 737-7CT 13 aircraft isn't equipped with ADS-B out of 60 in my database.
            C-FWAF
            C-FWBW
            C-FWCN
            C-FWBG
            C-FWAI
            C-GWBF
            C-FWBX
            C-GWBJ
            C-FWCC
            C-FWAD
            C-FWBL
            C-FWAO
            C-FWAQ

I wish the FR24 database would show what aircraft are equipped with ADS-B!!!

Westjet
            Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2012-12-21, 03:17.
            Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
            [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Originally posted by dr0474 View Post
              Thanks LN-MOW for the reply .. I would have thought that flying 737-8 a fairly new aircraft compared to a 737-4 , that they would of been equipped .. I have just found a similar question to Westjet as well
              This has nothing to do with age. It's a choice by he owner and/or the operator. Most new aircraft have ADS-B installed, but some have chosen to have it deactivated. My own airline have it installed in some of our aircraft, and when I asked our Maintanance Manager about his, he said it was easier to turn it off than to fool with it. Our marketing people, however, have started to get curious...
              ENFB.net
              Radarstation KGVL

Comment

Hi Chuck,
                Thanks for that information. Since my stay in HNL . I fell in love with the place .. and besides my regular haunt MEL .. thought I would start tracking reg's of planes that service HNL on a daily basis. with the amount of flights in and out .. I still find it hard in this day and age .. why it is so hard to obtain information on certain aircraft. From the 01 NOV till now .. I have tracked Westjet C-GWBL on 19/11 ..C-GWSZ 20/11 .. C-GWRG 22/11 .. C-GJWS 26/11 and c-FWVJ 23/12 .. with one Alaska N-537AS on 11/12. I am unsure as to why these would be so hard to track.

Comment

Aloha dr0474,
                  Not sure if this will be any help for you, but you might try a search on the location of "kona, HI" on Albert's Mode-S civil website at: http://www.live-civil-mode-s.eu/

You may be able access as public, or you may need to get as user ID & password. I don't know, as I'm a feeder to that site and am already "in".

If you can get in, and do the search on Kona, HI, it will give you visibility of the ADS-B aircraft transiting Hawaii airspace, mostly to and from HNL. These will include daily Westjet & Alaska traffic.

Chuck

Comment

Aloha Chuck,
                    Ive tried to get in .. and Im having trouble accessing it. Ive tried accessing it. Are you on FB .. so I can request you as a friend. if not thats ok. then maybe we can exchange info.

mahalo
                    Donald R

Comment

Aloha dr0474,
                      My guess is that you need to be a feeder to Albert's Mode S website to access other than the public data, and I think the search function requires a username & password, which comes with being a feeder to his site. I feed both his site & Flightradar24 at the same time, both feeder applications appear to run side by side without any problems.

FB not an option, but in any case, I think the key to getting that data would be through Albert, who you can get to from his website.

Not much else I can think of to help.

Chuck

Comment

Working...
                      X