East Anglia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Anglia

Whenever I log on I never see flights over East Anglia (Peterborough, Norwich) is this due to noe coverage or is it not an airway?

The company is looking at getting an ADS-B receiver and plugging it into our server for 24/7 coverage and uploading to FR24, just wondering it worth it or not, if there is no traffic it's not really worth it

Thanks,
    Last edited by OneSourceComms; 2012-12-18, 15:33.

East Anglia is a bit of a black hole as far as commercial ADS-B traffic is concerned, especially east of Peterborough where there were many military airfields.

Here's my Basestation map for this aftrenoon. The red circle is the black hole.

You will see traffic into Norwich but not much, same with Cambridge.

What were you hoping to see?
    Attached Files
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

I think it was not really what I wanted to see, I have a keen interest, and working for a company with a 24.7 server the idea of having the receiver was running wild in my head.

You mention not much traffic in Cambridge, i can tell you why. I visited the Control tower at Cambridge (EGSC) and the traffic was very busy, however it was international C-130Js and small prop cesnas and some Citations.

Comment

P.S You need to add or buy a letter " i " for the URL on your signature.
        Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
        [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Ahh! Good spot, thanks for telling me

Comment

Working...
          X