Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADB-S reports not on the map

Hello all,

First of all, not sure if this is the right forum, but i am using Virtual Radar Server and ADSBSharp with a RTLSDR.
    I have noticed, some planes not showing up on the map. They do appear on the tower radio.
    Two examples:
    484C51 KLM1583*
    506C04 ADR35A*
    I do note the * .... the planes also do not show up on the fl24 map.

Yesterday i have made a video, where the same occurs:
    http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...5221#post25222 (read 4 posts up where i explain what i do)

I have noticed obviously GPS isn't reported, but also SPEED is not shown. (Alt and Squawk are shown)
    Type is never shown on any craft, any reason for that as well?

I know not all planes have/use ADS-B, but the callsigns are caught by Virtual Radar Server, can anyone explain why the planes do not appear on the map?

can anyone explain why the planes do not appear on the map
    I have noticed obviously GPS isn't reported
    I guess you answered the question by yourself.

Comment

Sure, but isn't that a flaw? Why broadcast just part of ADS-B?

Comment

That will be a radar mode S return , Here in Cairns i get many aircraft that show up in the flight list, with squawk and alt, but no heading or speed, most adsb boxes can pick up a Mose S return .

Comment

Thanks for the explaination sirsteve. I guess my cheap setup is working:

Thanks!

Comment

See this post with some additional information.

"Of the 12,004 ADSB equipped aircraft detected by the Honeywell receiver sites 6,725 (56.02%) emitted airborne position messages."

At this time the FlightRadar24 'database' doesn't show what aircraft sending Full ADS-B data.

FlightRadar24 - Worldwide ADS-B Statistics pages - FR24 REQUEST 1.) Show "ADS-B Counter" on the page. (Watch the numbers go higher each day/weekly) 2.) Search ALL “Cessna” , ”Learjet”,etc... aircraft equipped with ADS-B. But it would be nice to see the registration for each aircraft. Click
            Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
            [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Jarod, your "cheap" set is working fine :-)

Comment

Not sure if this is the best forum to post this notice, published by Aviation International News, regarding expansion of ADS-B services in various US regions:

Boeing and Embraer Co-Develop Runway Safety Tool:
                Embraer and Boeing have collaborated on a product called the runway situational awareness (RSA) tool to help reduce runway excursions. The announcement comes eight months after the two airframers agreed to look for ways to cooperatively enhance the value of both companies, and a couple of weeks after rival Airbus took a similar initiative. Boeing and Embraer will initially provide customers with new pilot procedures and a training video devoted to landing performance based on data analysis of past incidents. The next enhancement to the RSA tool involves jointly developing flight deck technology and associated systems to improve pilot information about approach and landing. Both manufacturers believe pilots flying other commercial aircraft could use the tools to reduce runway excursions, supporting overall industry safety. “Runway excursions are one of the three major contributors to aviation accidents,” said Paulo Cesar Silva, president and CEO of Embraer Commercial Aviation. “We firmly believe that a robust set of pilot procedures, training and new technology will substantially reduce these events.” According to the companies, runway excursions involving the global fleet accounted for 15 out of a total of 79 fatal accidents between 2002 and 2011 and resulted in more than 780 fatalities. No date has been set for the initial release of the RSA.

Comment

Really disappointed with the coverage of and around Dubai recently. I bought the pro software for my iPad to monitor Dubai but last few days the coverage is bad and no longer able to spot the planes on ground. Checking the free version of planefinder, the coverage there is much better. Can anyone let us know what is the problem and when it will be fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by addasih View Post
                    Really disappointed with the coverage of and around Dubai recently. I bought the pro software for my iPad to monitor Dubai but last few days the coverage is bad and no longer able to spot the planes on ground. Checking the free version of planefinder, the coverage there is much better. Can anyone let us know what is the problem and when it will be fixed?
                    You do realise the data is uploaded by volunteers. And the networks the choose/choose not to share with and how long they remain online is up to them right?

They can't 'fix' coverage as there is no control to force the uploader to stay online. Or tell them what networks they choose to share data with.

I for instance upload to FR24, Planefinder (via planeplotter data) and Mode-S-Mil EU using 3 different feed apps. Some choose more, some choose less.
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Addasih - Don't forget that Dubai is nine hours ahead of Montreal - Activity levels may vary during the course of the day! If you are expecting to see and monitor a/c on the ground, there will need to be a radar box locally enabled, probably on or alongside the airport, since the signals are virtually line of sight. Please read the FR24 FAQs!

Comment

Addasih. Here in Dubai we have been graced with spectacular cover for at least the last 2.5 years...in fact coverage better than most places in the world.
                        For what ever reason the coverage supplied here by a certain kind gentleman has gone down leaving only minor coverage by one other party. I believe that your choice of criticism of the coverage ("really disappointed") shows a lack of understanding of the voluntary nature of FR24 and its coverage and suggest that you consider the basics of most computer applications RTFM !.. With a fair wind it is just a temporary glitch whilst the kind gentleman is on leave, or down route or whatever....in the worst case he has decided that someone else should pick up the batten ( and the cost !)...someone like me for instance..

Comment

We have never promised ground coverage, 100% coverage, coverage on a given place or given any other guarantees. We are very clear in our communication that data comes from volunteers and we write clearly in the app description "Please note that coverage will vary."

If you are looking for a 100% coverage guarantee, you should not buy an app for 2 EUR.

I can just recommend you to read
                          The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

if you have any questions regarding coverage on Flightradar24.

Comment

Working...
                          X