Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is There Documentation Anywhere on "How to Use the Augmented Reality (AR)" Feature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open AR and point at an aircraft that's being tracked. You may need to adjust the distance using the slide bar.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Gotcha.Thanx Mike.

Comment

... without gyro on the device there is no way to have it working (it happens on my HTC One V). Unluckily this is not specified in the webpage, and may be a strong disappointment (even if it should be possible to modify the app to use acceleromenters instead gyros). A real pity (I will be happy to be proved wrong, of course)

Comment

Thankyou

...for your response.

Originally posted by MaxB View Post
          ... without gyro on the device there is no way to have it working (it happens on my HTC One V). Unluckily this is not specified in the webpage, and may be a strong disappointment (even if it should be possible to modify the app to use acceleromenters instead gyros). A real pity (I will be happy to be proved wrong, of course)

Comment

Unlukily looks like that developers are not interested in solving this issue (no words from them). A real pity.

Comment

Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post

If the compass does'nt work properly, move the phone in a figure '8' to reset the Gyro.

This post has been moved to the correct part of the Forum.
              I was annoyed by the Augmented Reality AR mode asking me to calibrate my compass every time I used it.
              Google Sky Map also asked for calibration every time I used it.

Aha!
              You have to calibrate the compass in Google Maps! Then the other apps, and Google Maps, show "high accuracy" for quite a while.
              Eventually, the prompt returns, and you calibrate in Google Maps to stabilize it.

In Google Maps, press the compass dot in the bottom right, if your position isn't already on screen.
              press your position blue dot
              A full screen should appear, showing some options.
              At the bottom of the screen is "calibrate compass".
              Press that option. It shows the current level of calibration, and suggests moving the phone in a figure eight to improve the calibration.

Comment

Working...
              X