Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First ever visit, so probably this has been asked before...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First ever visit, so probably this has been asked before...

Hi Everyone!
    This is my first-ever visit and only discovered this amazing website this morning. I am currently tracking a flight, TOM166 from Manchester to Goa. The plane is definitely heading in the right direction, but the information linked to it on the tracker is showing the wrong destination. How does that happen?
    Also, silly question, where the plane is at any given time, approximately how far from that point is it in reality?
    Thanks...

Hi and welcome to the forum.Regarding the first part of your question,I don't consider myself knowledgeable enough to give you a thorough answer,but as regards the 2nd part there is basically no time delay.What you see onscreen is exactly where the aircraft is.I find this anyway.If you zoom in on a particular aircraft,you get a better idea of its exact position.
    I find FR24 the most reliable tracking website,and there are quite a few others,believe me.

Comment

TOM166 has been corrected in the Database, it will now show correctly.
      AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Thanks speedbird...
        I last saw it over Bulgaria heading towards Syria and Iraq. It now seems to have disappeared. Presumably they don't transmit position over those countries?

Comment

Originally posted by mrcanary View Post
          Thanks speedbird...
          I last saw it over Bulgaria heading towards Syria and Iraq. It now seems to have disappeared. Presumably they don't transmit position over those countries?
          Are there any others planes displayed in the area where you lost coverage of TOM166? If not it's likely that FlightRadar24 doesn't have coverage of the area. There doesn't appear to be any or very much coverage of Syria and Iraq as you stated.

You can replay the flight of TOM166 here http://www.flightradar24.com/#!/2012-11-13/10:00/TOM166 .It out of range over Turkey, next to the Syrian border.
          Last edited by DanTheMan; 2012-11-13, 15:13.
          Dan.

Compare all plane tracking receivers on one website.

Comment

Thanks very much, Jed and Dan...

Comment

Working...
            X