Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flightradar24 Map frozen

Hi Mike.

The Map has frozen, i.e. no Aircraft are moving altough you can access the information about the Aircraft.

I have checked with several different browsers and someone else i know is having the same issue.

Update: It seems to be working now @ 10:15 UTC, but there seems to be alot of track errors.
    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2012-11-03, 10:57.
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

I have found FR24 to be very erratic this morning,on both my PCs.Flights keep freezing,maps coming up with no aircraft.Not much use at all I'm afraid.Have had to rely on (cough) the other site.You know,the one for er,Finding Planes?

2 hours later and the map is coming up minus planes.Is there a problem with the site?
    Last edited by jedthebass; 2012-11-05, 12:50.

Comment

Originally posted by jedthebass View Post
      I have found FR24 to be very erratic this morning,on both my PCs.Flights keep freezing,maps coming up with no aircraft.Not much use at all I'm afraid.Have had to rely on (cough) the other site.You know,the one for er,Finding Planes?

2 hours later and the map is coming up minus planes.Is there a problem with the site?
      What internet provider do you have? What type of internet connection?

Comment

Its working fine for me using Chrome and Firefox, try a different Browser and if that does not work switching of your router for 30 seconds.

Comment

It normally works flawlessly for me but this morning its being a right beeutch. Using BT on Google Chrome.I'll try a different browser and hub reset and report back.
          Just noticed,on my other PC running the same browser,the FR24 Forum page has appeared in a completely different format,and telling me that I'm not logged in,which I am.Computers Eh?

Comment

We got 3 e-mails today with this problem, and all 3 are on BT. So it looks like this is a BT issue. BT may have introduced some kind of caching that is caching FR24 data feed containing all aircraft positions. We are trying to find a solution around this problem.

Comment

It must be pretty recent then as FR24 has worked perfectly for me up till now.It seems to take longer, much longer than normal to load as well,and I've noticed that when it does actually get going,it's only a matter of about 30 seconds or so before everything freezes again.Hope it can get sorted soon.

Comment

It normally works flawlessly for me but this morning its being a right beeutch. Using BT on Google Chrome.
                We have made a server change to get around BT caching issue, can you check if it works now?

Comment

Mike,all seems OK for the moment although it seems a bit reluctant to go to the FORUM page but eventually gets there.The freezing appears to have stopped as well.I'll keep you posted though.many thanks for yours and the team's efforts.

Comment

Shoulda known not to speak too soon.Problem is still there Mike.At the last go,it froze after about 4 minutes.I refreshed the page and it came back with no aircraft,refreshed again and this time it came back normal,but lasted about 10 seconds before freezing again.The whole thing seems to be running abnormally,including the Forum page.It's ironic because within the past 2 days,I replied to another post about how well the site worked for me,that I'd had very little trouble etc,and now this happens.I'll give Firefox another go,but if as you say,it's a BT problem,I can't see it making much difference.Watch this space.

Update:Sad to say but this site is no longer usable on my PCs.It is now loading up already frozen on both machines and only with constant refreshing am I seeing any movement.I'm not going to waste any more time on it tonight,but I'll give it another go sometime tomorrow,and see if there's any improvement.I should add that every thing else on both my PCs is fine.
                    Last edited by jedthebass; 2012-11-05, 18:34.

Comment

Try clearing your Cache and Cookies, (Save your passwords first as this action delete's them.) then close your browser and re-boot your router.

Also don't use any AdBlocking programs as Flightradar24 won't load properly.

Comment

Mike (speedbird1960) there's a problem for us BT ISP customers. What you're suggesting won't make any difference for us.
                        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

I am also a BT user. I'm getting the same problems as the above posts. It@s been like it all afternoon.

Ron

Comment

We will continue the investigation tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              We will continue the investigation tomorrow.
                              This might help with your investigation.
                              Welcome to BT’s official support community. If you run into difficulties or have a question about BT’s products and services, join our community and

The link in the article is visible to BT Customers, so if someone could have look at to see if the fix would help.

This is page one of article: http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-...ng/td-p/679134

This is a BT Message, it might also explain why there are problems.

"Planned BT Network Maintenance - Week commencing 5th November 2012
                              05/11/2012 @ 17:03

When's this work happening?
                              Early hours of most days this week.

What does it affect?
                              Broadband connectivity.

How long will it take?
                              Up to six hours each time.

What does the work involve?
                              We've received notifications from our suppliers about maintenance work that is scheduled to take place in the following areas this week. This work typically takes place between Midnight and 6am.

6th November
                              Walsall, Kingston and Fulham

7th November
                              Preston, Nottingham and Dorchester

8th November
                              London Faraday

9th November
                              Birmingham

Although these are the areas we have been notified of, due to the nature of the broadband network these outages may affect customers nationwide. There are also a number of smaller exchange works most nights of the week that may cause smaller outages at individual exchanges.

Am I likely to notice the work?
                              Yes, there's a chance that you may be disconnected from the internet for a period of time during the maintenance window.

Is there anything else I need to know?
                              Any end users having problems connecting once the maintenance is complete are advised to log into their router interface and click connect.

Kind Regards,

Chris Purvey
                              Customer Support"
                              Last edited by speedbird1960; 2012-11-06, 09:47.

Comment

Working...
                              X