Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New feature: Proximity warning

Hi,

I think of some kind of proximity warning so when a certain kind of aircraft (A380) comes next to a specific location (your own position) you get a notification (by mail).
    Would this be possible?

Lars

Originally posted by larsen View Post
    Hi,

I think of some kind of proximity warning so when a certain kind of aircraft (A380) comes next to a specific location (your own position) you get a notification (by mail).
    Would this be possible?

Lars
    There are no plans to implement alerts in web version, only in apps.
    iOS app have support today.
    Android will have soon.
    MAC/WIN8 apps may have in the future.

Comment

Ok, thx for the info.

Comment

That's an awesome idea! It would give me just enough time to ready my camera and take a photo of that big IL-96.

Hi,

Would this be possible?

Lars

Comment

Hi,

Would this be possible?

Lars
          great idea! im chasing A380, but no luck yet.

Comment

From what I can see the custom alerts in-app purchase doesn't look to allow you to set a "proximity warning". Is this correct?

It would be great to have this option, and to have it work such that you can set a proximity alert for a kind of aircraft or just a general proximity alert so that if you are in the mood for plane watching you can know when any plane is nearby your area.

Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by onetrev View Post
              From what I can see the custom alerts in-app purchase doesn't look to allow you to set a "proximity warning". Is this correct?

It would be great to have this option, and to have it work such that you can set a proximity alert for a kind of aircraft or just a general proximity alert so that if you are in the mood for plane watching you can know when any plane is nearby your area.

Thanks!!
              Woah. This is over 3 years old..

But in my premium app allows for localised alerts based on reg or callsign etc. It has a select map area function

I don't think I differs from the add-on?

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                Woah. This is over 3 years old..

But in my premium app allows for localised alerts based on reg or callsign etc. It has a select map area function

I don't think I differs from the add-on?
                Ya sorry, I know this is an old thread. It came up in Google in my search, thought I should continue the discussion since there never was a conclusion.

Only problem is what I'm seeing is what I thought right, the only trigger is reg or callsign? You have to have one of those set right? There is no way to just trigger it based on region (proximity) and/or aircraft type as original thread started with?

Thanks!

Comment

I have the feeder premium version, as I feed. So I must stress not sure if same as purchase.. But version i have installed...

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Hi onetrev,

It is possible to set an alert for an aircraft based on type, flight number, registration or airline based on a specific location. To do this however, you'll have needed to purchase the in-app purchase of Alerts. If you've done this select the drop down menu at the top left hand corner -> Select Alerts -> Select the '+' symbol -> Then set your alert type -> Then select 'Alert region', 'Global' and change to 'Local'. After changing this choose the 'Select area' button and then adjust the zoom-level to whatever you desire. After this select the back arrow at the top left, then the 'Done' tick.

I hope this helps and sorry for the long explanation. If you have any further questions feel free to email us a support@fr24.com

Ya sorry, I know this is an old thread. It came up in Google in my search, thought I should continue the discussion since there never was a conclusion.

Only problem is what I'm seeing is what I thought right, the only trigger is reg or callsign? You have to have one of those set right? There is no way to just trigger it based on region (proximity) and/or aircraft type as original thread started with?

Thanks!
                    Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Comment

Well I took the leap and just purchased this feature. I now own all 3! Unfortunately this is definitely not what I was asking for. As per my question, is there a way to trigger the alert ONLY based on region? And the answer I can say now is no. You have to put in one of the four options, Flight, Reg, Airline, Aircraft Type. It does not appear to just let you set a general airplane in your region alert. In the end no biggie, happy to support this app anyway, but it would be great to have this option... please!!

Also, would be cool if you could enable / disable triggers, rather than delete them. Maybe you only want them running sometimes.

Thanks again either way!

Originally posted by Gaelan View Post
                      Hi onetrev,

It is possible to set an alert for an aircraft based on type, flight number, registration or airline based on a specific location. To do this however, you'll have needed to purchase the in-app purchase of Alerts. If you've done this select the drop down menu at the top left hand corner -> Select Alerts -> Select the '+' symbol -> Then set your alert type -> Then select 'Alert region', 'Global' and change to 'Local'. After changing this choose the 'Select area' button and then adjust the zoom-level to whatever you desire. After this select the back arrow at the top left, then the 'Done' tick.

I hope this helps and sorry for the long explanation. If you have any further questions feel free to email us a support@fr24.com

Comment

Well I took the leap and just purchased this feature. I now own all 3! Unfortunately this is definitely not what I was asking for. As per my question, is there a way to trigger the alert ONLY based on region? And the answer I can say now is no. You have to put in one of the four options, Flight, Reg, Airline, Aircraft Type. It does not appear to just let you set a general airplane in your region alert. In the end no biggie, happy to support this app anyway, but it would be great to have this option... please!!

Also, would be cool if you could enable / disable triggers, rather than delete them. Maybe you only want them running sometimes.

Thanks again either way!

Comment

Best you could do is load it up with the interesting/more common callsign wildcards and then types with the region specified.

It allows for quite a few

Comment

Hi onetrev,

Sorry for misunderstanding your proximity alert inquiry and thanks for the feedback. One of our next major task's for the Android app is to look at alerts and how we can improve them and also make them more user friendly. I'll be sure to pass this feedback along so it's considered! We really do appreciate your support and suggestions, thanks again.

s

Thanks again either way!
                            Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Comment

Working...
                            X