Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There seems to be significant differences in the displays on the WIN 8.1 app as opposed to the iPad and iPhone apps. Call signs do not appear next to aircraft. There is no "Legend" to explain things such as the colors of the tracks. I'm guessing that RED means at cruise altitude, and colors from green to blue to violet indicate below 10,000 ft, below 5,000 ft, etc. Not as good as the iPad app. Pity. This seems to be a stripped-down version of those apps and it costs more. Perplexing.

Is there a "user guide" for the Windows 8.1 app?

Thanks,

Ray

Comment

Hi everyone. I have recently switched to a Windows PC from an Android Tablet. I have downloaded the Windows 8 app and find it nice and easy to use. The display bar for selected aircraft is nice. One thing I do miss is being able to have the aircraft callsigh label on the map. Is this something I have to select, or will it be available on a future update.

Thanks

Steve

Comment

I just registered just to say I think the recent update to the Windows Phone app is great. It seems like it's loading faster than it did before, and I like the smaller balloons following the planes with details locked to the bottom instead of the whole balloon taking up half of the screen. This is a great resource when I go spotting near O'Hare.

One question though, when I check the details of a flight, it shows a plane icon that is taking off and landing next to the departure and arrival airports. Sometimes either icon will blink, and I haven't been able to figure out what that means. Does anyone know?
        Last edited by Luxornv; 2014-05-09, 07:00.

Comment

Just bought this for my Nokia Lumia 1520. Can't get it to work in landscape mode. Any chance you could include this in the next update?

Comment

Using Flightradar24 already for some time on a Android smartfone and since yesterday also on a W8.1 Tablet. Can not find the labeling feature for the planes like on the Android app. Now it are all planes ;-) Please help me out.

Comment

Yup.

I also have to say the new version for Windows Phone is very good :-)

Keep up the good work :-)

Comment

When I use the W8,1 app the movements on the map are very stuttering after a while.... compared to the webinterface... no stuttering.
                Has this to with the app?? or my connection...or....?
                T-EHVK11 / RPi-2

Comment

Screenshot (66).jpg

Will you be updating the icon set for the Windows 8 app? The current glider icon doesn't have a transparent background and is rather blocky and distracting as a result.

Also it appears you need to add a helicopter icon now that they're starting to appear on the map!

Comment

I've been experiencing issues with the current WP app. It had been working well for me, but I seem to have had issues since yesterday. I'm not sure if there has been more traffic since the plane crash, but mine doesnt seem to want to load the flight data anywhere. I have a good data connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Luxornv View Post
                      I've been experiencing issues with the current WP app. It had been working well for me, but I seem to have had issues since yesterday. I'm not sure if there has been more traffic since the plane crash, but mine doesnt seem to want to load the flight data anywhere. I have a good data connection.
                      Yes the problem will be due the Server load, even the Main Website is notably slower to load or sometimes does not load at all since yesterday.

Give it a few days and it should settle down.
                      AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Why the Windows 8 app and the Windows Phone app are paid, while the same apps for Android and iOS are free?

Comment

They are paid for with advertising and they are restricted, once people are hooked they have to pay for the 'Pro' version, and they has in-app purchases too.

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                            They are paid for with advertising and they are restricted, once people are hooked they have to pay for the 'Pro' version, and they has in-app purchases too.
                            It makes no sense. Android and iOS have free apps, but all Windows apps are paid. It looks like a discrimination against Windows users.

Comment

Hi! I'm new to the forum and the objective for my first posting is the poor, or rather lack of performance of the Windows Phone app. I'm running WP 8.1 on a Lumia 930. Installed the paid app last week and had no problems for the first few days but for the past week the map doesn't update and I have no flight indications at all. Can anyone recommend a remedy?

// Jonas

Comment

Excellent app, thoroughly enjoying using it. One question though - is the app doing background tasks even when switched off, as I've noticed much heavier battery use after installing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X