Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• royng
    replied
    It has been long since I logged on to check my stat...only to discover by Rpi has stopped feeding for Iong. Had to start a new station...now I am T-VHST131

Leave a comment:

• mic325
    replied
    Hi there, T-VHST41 here!

Leave a comment:

• Davood_dl
    replied
    Hi everyone! It's VHHH33 here. (Well, I know you dun get to see me on FR24 often, but anyway... )
    A newbie here. Have always been tempted to get a USB dongle but only got it recently. I have about 135-degree view facing southeast to west.
    Now I'm waiting for my second dongle for placing on west side of my flat. Hope to "see" more then.

Leave a comment:

• Dundee
    replied
    Hi all.
    Happy New Year.
    Any news for Hong Kong Feeder? Any social platform that VHHH feeder is staying?
    My ADS-B antenna holder was inclined a bit after the Super Typhoon Mangkhut (超強颱風山竹) approached, so the coverage was minimized from 210-230 nm to 170-200 nm after September 2018.

Leave a comment:

• royng
    replied
    To all fellow feeders: Happy feeding in 2019! Stay healthy and out of trouble!

Leave a comment:

• Dundee
    replied
    Haha...
    You guys may shake hand in this post also...
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/hkad...5039688547056/

Leave a comment:

• royng
    replied
    Hi everyone.

After a long hiatus my station VHST37 resumed uploading. The long pause was due to the fact that the PC upload client did not really submit messages received despite the appearance. But then I moved on to Raspberry Pi feeder now.

Happy feeding ADSB.

Leave a comment:

• flflbb
    replied
    Hi Dundee

Leave a comment:

• Dundee
    replied
    Post rise to the top of the board again...
    Hi flflbb...

Leave a comment:

• flflbb
    replied
    F-VMMC3 / T-VMMC15 here

Leave a comment:

• Dundee
    replied
    Finally, replacement of flightfeeder is approved after 15 months fighting.
    Hardware of flightfeeder is upgraded to RPi 2 with Mode-S Beast 1.3.

It seems the decode program of flightfeeder is enhanced and I saw more positions are reported to fr24 by reading FR24 stat.

You guys may refer here for more statistic for my station.
    Of course the link of my signature also show the flights captured by flightfeeder directly.

Dundee

Leave a comment:

• Dundee
    replied
    Hi all,

It seems the fr24-overlay-vhhk plugin made by microtony is not work again (DNS Error).

I just copy the script from github and host them in my own server for temporary usage with the link below:

You guys welcome to use it!

Dundee
    Last edited by Dundee; 2018-08-26, 04:39.

Leave a comment:

• Dundee
    replied
    Hi all,

My home broadband is down since mid-August so the feeding status not stable.

Now broadband has been fixed and feeding status will become stable.

Dundee

Leave a comment:

• jb_bak
    replied
    Dundee, after looking at your radar on the no-ip, it appears you are not in need of an omni antenna like the BS-1105. There is a lot of wasted gain to the north of you I am assuming, as I do not see a circle coverage of aircraft. Typical for this area, assuming you have some mountains to the north right? So you would be much better off with a low db directional antenna, with a 180 degree lobe south at about 11db. An omni antenna is pretty useless in this part.

T-VHHH55
    http://blues.servebeer.com:8080

Leave a comment:

• Dundee
    replied
    Originally posted by jb_bak View Post
    Dundee what antenna are you using? Its my opinion that this is the biggest improvement you could make to your station.
    I think for around HK, you almost certainly need a directional antenna, unless you live on the top of a mountain with rooftop access.

I made a biquad 11db that works nicely. If you google "ibcrazy biquad" you will find a nice tutorial if your interested in going that route. Also, to limit loss through coax (all i've found locally is junk) I only used about 4 inches to the antenna, waterproofed the dongle and then just ran a USB cord inside to my RPi.

T-VHHH55
    http://blues.servebeer.com:8080
    My antenna is BS-1105 provided by FA when getting Flightfeeder. I mounted it on the rooftop mount of my house with yaggi (fishbone) TV antenna...
    Coverage has been improved after replacing a shorter cable. Position reported increased ~10% from 55,000 to 60,000 per day. Coverage increased from 200 nm to around 230 nm up to SABNO...

FR24_20150804.jpg

P.S.: The overlay used in attachment is the javascript written by microtony, Installation Guide: Hong Kong FIR (VHHK) FR24 Overlay
    Last edited by Dundee; 2015-08-04, 10:36.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X