Hong Kong Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post

The alternative is the Chinese 9db 1090mhz antenna - http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ntenna/page163 see post #1629 From what I read you need to have a minimum order of 5 to have the antennas send to your area. It's a long antenna too compared to FR24's.
    I bought a cheap 9db 1090mhz antenna from China http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...876711834&ns=1 and no minimum order is required.
    Although the antenna costs about RMB$170 (US$ 28), the result is excellent. You could give it a try.

Comment

If you want to experiment then try a shorter cable, but how much that increases your range is not known. You can experiment though, if you want.
      Unless you have a shorter length of low loss coax cable with connectors, in my experience a shorter cable will not achieve much more range and cutting the supplied coax is not a good idea unless you are experienced in adding new, low loss connectors.

Raising the antenna is the best option but if you have a hill to the south, it won't overcome that obstacle.
      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Anmer View Post
        Unless you have a shorter length of low loss coax cable with connectors, in my experience a shorter cable will not achieve much more range and cutting the supplied coax is not a good idea unless you are experienced in adding new, low loss connectors.

Raising the antenna is the best option but if you have a hill to the south, it won't overcome that obstacle.
        ah...

If you have read my previous posts you should have a better context. Please do not quote me out of context - I did say the OP should be able to source coax cables from HK, should he wishes to experiment with shorter cables.

Perhaps you are too busy posting posts around FR24 forum to leave prints to promote your website and running your website so you misquoted me. We all make errors, it's ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by twfr View Post
          I bought a cheap 9db 1090mhz antenna from China http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...876711834&ns=1 and no minimum order is required.
          Although the antenna costs about RMB$170 (US$ 28), the result is excellent. You could give it a try.
          Are you from hong Kong ? If yes, do you bought from them ? we can share the MOQ if you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by F-VHHH4 View Post
            What is FR24 MLAT ?

So far, the range is very good. It can received very far from China side, but it is hard to received from the Ocean side.

Do you have any idea of feeding Airband? I can also do that.
            I can hear VMMC, VHHH and ZGSZ from the Airband.

I don`t have HK local contact for FR24 at this moment.
            I assume you use a scanner to tune to air band like a uniden base/handheld scanner? You can consider things first about feeding airband, as you have to sacrifice your own joy of listening to feed to feed to sites like Live ATC. Have a look here: http://www.liveatc.net/faq/

VHHH has already have got an air band feeder, if you join in then maybe the frequencies could be splitted to allow better listening. You can contact Live ATC for more advice. Where did you get your VHF/UHF antenna? Just curious.

As for modeS, it is one of the communication protocols that is standardized for aviation transponders. Please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aviatio...rogation_modes (wiki and google is a good place to start). mode S will be enabled by the FR24 team if there is enough FR24 receivers to perform MLAT - locating planes that do not broadcast their GPS position aka ADS-B.
            Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-10-12, 06:48.

Comment

• My Dual band Antenna bought from local HAM shop.
              But we will install a new 7.2M Antenna for larger radio coverage.

Thanks,

Comment

Perhaps you are too busy posting posts around FR24 forum to leave prints to promote your website and running your website so you misquoted me. We all make errors, it's ok.
                If I overlooked your earlier post, I apologise. But my comment was referencing your last post and is still valid. A shorter cable may not make much, if any, difference and cutting the FR24 supplied cable may introduce signal loss.

And please read all 919 of my posts here before you start making unfounded allegations about my motives or contributions.
                Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

My Dual band Antenna bought from local HAM shop.
                  But we will install a new 7.2M Antenna for larger radio coverage.

Thanks,
                  Cool. Take your time to learn about all these flight tracking stuff. It's a lot in a very short amount of time. Enjoy the kit. Zhong yao, ngo du mou giu lei Jin duen koi dei bei lei ge sin, du mm meng kui zou meh wa ngo giu lei gam zou. Chee sin ge kui... Ngo du fai si coi kui. Sai ngo si gan jin San.
                  Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-10-12, 08:40.

Comment

• This model is my next target:

X700H/X700HN: 144/430MHz(2m/70cm)

Length:7.2m / Radial length:approx.52cm / Weight:3.8kg
                    Gain:9.3dB(144MHz),13.0dB(430MHz) / Max.power rating:200W (Total)
                    Impedance:50ohms / VSWR:Less than 1.5:1 / Rated wind velocity:40m/sec
                    Mast diameter accepted:30mm to 62mm(More than 45mm diameter mast is recommended) / Connector:M-J(X700H),N-J(X700HN)
                    Type:4x5/8wave C-Load(144MHz),11x5/8wave C-Load(430MHz),FRP outershell

Comment

Are you from hong Kong ? If yes, do you bought from them ? we can share the MOQ if you want.
                      Sure. I am from Hong Kong.
                      I have bought an antenna from them.

Comment

• Originally posted by twfr View Post
                        Sure. I am from Hong Kong.
                        I have bought an antenna from them.
                        Can you send me again the link ? Is that from Taobao ?
                        How`s your result after installed a new Antenna ?

Comment

Can you send me again the link ? Is that from Taobao ?
                          How`s your result after installed a new Antenna ?
                          The link can be found at http://goo.gl/n10t4Z and it is from Taobao.
                          The result of new antenna is much better than my homemade antenna.

Comment

• For my case, the antenna is ship from FR.
                            But I`m feeling that antenna is not a very good yet.

Comment

For my case, the antenna is ship from FR.
                              But I`m feeling that antenna is not a very good yet.
                              Don't judge an antenna by its size. I find the antenna performs well, at my best line of sight it performs almost the same to my own setup. location with good line of sight is key.

Comment

• Anyone think antenna array is possible for 1090Mhz ?
                                If yes, how to do that ?

Comment

Working...
                                X