No announcement yet.

Hong Kong Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dundee: I am Tony Wong (STU2, 974212). I live in Sha Tin. Can you let me know the brand & model of the antenna?

North Borneo: If I do get a raspberry pi I will probably buy one more dongle and set it up at the other side of my home.

Comment

Originally posted by microtony View Post
      Dundee: I am Tony Wong (STU2, 974212). I live in Sha Tin. Can you let me know the brand & model of the antenna?

North Borneo: If I do get a raspberry pi I will probably buy one more dongle and set it up at the other side of my home.
      Good idea Microtony. Let us know when that is done... then we will keep an eye on coverage for VHHH. There is an active PCB antenna on development/testing by F5ANN, might be released in the next few months. Small and discrete. http://f5ann.pagesperso-orange.fr/PC...nna/index.html
      Perhaps something to consider if you wanna try extending coverage. But I personally think you antenna looks good enough.

Comment

I see...
        The brand is Philip and the model is SDV1121T which I bought from this shop...
        You may find the other model of Philip antenna in 華輝 located in Ap Liu Street...
        When I bought it, my purpose is just for watching TV...
        Maybe you can place your antenna much outside from Window to see if there is any improvement, like using tape to place it outside the wall, because line of sight is a important thing...
        This is what my set up in hostel...
        20131122_142050.jpg
        Last edited by Dundee; 2013-11-22, 07:16.

Comment

There is some execllent stuff around p23 onwards of 'best antenna' thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...1-best-antenna by member abcd567 who is using antennas made from co-axial cable inside his apartment/office window to get a range of 400km ... worth a look

Comment

Originally posted by Dundee View Post
            I see...
            The brand is Philip and the model is SDV1121T which I bought from this shop...
            You may find the other model of Philip antenna in 華輝 located in Ap Liu Street...
            When I bought it, my purpose is just for watching TV...
            Maybe you can place your antenna much outside from Window to see if there is any improvement, like using tape to place it outside the wall, because line of sight is a important thing...
            This is what my set up in hostel...
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]2958[/ATTACH]
            Microtony's DIY antenna looks to be placed outside to me...?

Comment

I mean the left green wall block the left sight of view a bit...

Comment

It's inside, behind the glass.

Comment

It's inside, behind the glass.
                  I need new glasses.

Comment

From Now on, I will try to share my ads-b data to others via HTTP, so here are the webpage of my radar:

T-VHHH19: http://t-vhhh19.no-ip.org/
                    (24/7)
                    T-VHHH28: http://t-vhhh28.no-ip.org/VirtualRadar/
                    (24/7 NOT guaranteed and down after May 2014)

Comment

Nice, Thanks for sharing

It would be nice to put the links in your forum signature block.

Comment

Hi all, I am new to the forum as well as the aspect of flightradar. I have for long the problem regarding antenna. Just now I am free to check all posts in the forum and get some ideas what other mates use as for their equipment.

Currently, I am using a USB stick and a TV fishbone antenna as my equipment, the coverage is not bad that can reach somewhere west of ZUH. However, the signal level is always weak I assume. Therefore, I am happy to discuss with more HKers and make a better coverage together.

Comment

Originally posted by VHHH29 View Post
                          Hi all, I am new to the forum as well as the aspect of flightradar. I have for long the problem regarding antenna. Just now I am free to check all posts in the forum and get some ideas what other mates use as for their equipment.

Currently, I am using a USB stick and a TV fishbone antenna as my equipment, the coverage is not bad that can reach somewhere west of ZUH. However, the signal level is always weak I assume. Therefore, I am happy to discuss with more HKers and make a better coverage together.
                          Have a look in the best antenna forum http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...1-best-antenna (sorry it's so long) - there are some very interesting tuned antenna designs in there by forum contributor abcd567 that are ideal for use inside high rise windows ... Look out for Franklin antennas.

Comment

Hi Flightradar24,
                            When do you think your VMMC1 radar covering Macai will be back online?
                            I have not seen the VMMC1 radar on here since at least August 2013.
                            I myself am still offering my Airnav Radarbox receiver to anybody who is in the Zhuhai location who would be willing to connect it 24/7 to Flightradar24 network, to improve the low level HKG traffic near that location.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              New FR24 receivers
                              F-VHHH2 activated in Hong Kong, China.

For discussions about new receivers please use thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...24-Feeder-Chat
                              A very lucky owner to own a FR24 kit around VHHH. Hope the location is good and give better coverage to VHHH. Very good coverage from F-ZGGG1 and T-VHHH34 is doing a good job covering the east too.
                              Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-04-15, 04:59.

Comment

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                                A very lucky owner to own a FR24 kit around VHHH. Hope the location is good and give better coverage to VHHH. Very good coverage from F-ZGGG1 and T-VHHH34 is doing a good job covering the east too.
                                HongKong have only "standing space" for human beings. Soon, it will be the same for feeders, LOL

Coverage in that place is fantastic.
                                F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Working...
                                X