Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hong Kong Radar

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Dundee View Post
    Is that something like electrical tape/insulating tape?
    over at my place it's rare to find self-amalgamating tape. What I do is I use electrical tape to seal the connections, then use plumbers tape (PVC tape) and wrap round the electrical tape.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
      over at my place it's rare to find self-amalgamating tape. What I do is I use electrical tape to seal the connections, then use plumbers tape (PVC tape) and wrap round the electrical tape.
      Soon the pvc tape will break into pieces.

      Check out " Radio spares Components " or " Farnell Components " and do mail orders.

      But make sure it is made by " 3 M ". Tape made by others will break when you pull the tape around the connectors.
      F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Birdie View Post
        Soon the pvc tape will break into pieces.

        Check out " Radio spares Components " or " Farnell Components " and do mail orders.

        But make sure it is made by " 3 M ". Tape made by others will break when you pull the tape around the connectors.
        I just bought something called vinyl electrical tape made by 3M Scotch in hardware store...
        And wrap all connector component with the tape...
        T-VHST9: http://vhst9.hopto.org/
        (24/7)

        Comment


        • #64
          If it's a self adhesive tape - then it's not the same thing and won't make a watertight seal.

          Self amalgamating tape is usually used to seal LNB connectors on satellite dishes and sometimes in auto-workshops for making tidy modifications to car wiring looms (or used be be before cars went electronic with CANBUS systems)

          Comment


          • #65
            What's happen to T-VHHH3, T-VHHH5, T-VHHH21?

            Both are offline and the coverage decrease dramatically !!!
            T-VHST9: http://vhst9.hopto.org/
            (24/7)

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Dundee View Post
              What's happen to T-VHHH3, T-VHHH5, T-VHHH21?

              Both are offline and the coverage decrease dramatically !!!
              Only the owner(s) will know why. And they are in no obligation to explain what happened in this forum.

              http://www.flightradar24.com/faq (see point no. 6). FR24 really needs to update their FAQ to include queries about MLAT etc. oops... off a tangent. Now back to your query, T-feeders are free to share data to FR24 whenever the owner wants, so that also means they also can stop sharing whenever as well. It might be due to power cut, internet disruption, hardware/software failure, natural disaster or simply, owner gone for holiday and wanna shut down all electricals. In this case ?maintenance. It's just my guess.

              F-feeders on the other hand has a commitment to provide ADS-B data as long as the owner could, and as you know 24/7/356 if possible, as dictated in the 'contract' when applying for the free receiver. Of course, some has long downtime or after a while, disappears totally (like F-VTUZ1). Puzzling... we never know why, and I suspect in some cases FR24 don't too. But this is just to illustrate despite a lot of effort by FR24 and those sharing data to FR24 voluntarily, feed disruption will occur time to time, especially to places where ADS-B receiver is few and far between.

              I am sure the feed will come back online sometime, so just have to be patient. Oh and you hold your line dundee aka T-VHHH19.
              Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-11-16, 14:05.

              Comment


              • #67
                I see what you mean...
                Actually I just hold the line in my hostel in north east of Hong Kong...And actually I just switch to different network (like LAN, Wifi, 3G) to feed data as the IT department in campus doesn't allow me to upload data continuously or the LAN port will be blocked...

                And I just found a Chinese forum that most China radio lovers inside...
                Some said that they want apply free FR24 receiver but afraid violate the ordinance in China...
                And some said they just receive the receiver but decide to return back to Germany due to no fun...
                T-VHST9: http://vhst9.hopto.org/
                (24/7)

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Dundee View Post
                  I see what you mean...
                  Actually I just hold the line in my hostel in north east of Hong Kong...And actually I just switch to different network (like LAN, Wifi, 3G) to feed data as the IT department in campus doesn't allow me to upload data continuously or the LAN port will be blocked...

                  And I just found a Chinese forum that most China radio lovers inside...
                  Some said that they want apply free FR24 receiver but afraid violate the ordinance in China...
                  And some said they just receive the receiver but decide to return back to Germany due to no fun...
                  Interesting, I'll have a look.

                  Note: wow.. they really are looking for ways to get 'free' PP authetication code (pirated)...
                  Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-11-16, 14:53.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Dundee View Post
                    What's happen to T-VHHH3, T-VHHH5, T-VHHH21?

                    Both are offline and the coverage decrease dramatically !!!
                    Hi all, T-VHHH21 here

                    My computer was out of memory and the asdbsharp software quit itself and I didn't notice.
                    I wish FR24 could send me automatic notification emails when I stopped serving data.

                    Some other downtime is due to:
                    1) If I accidentally hit the USB dongle, the USB connection will be lost and I will have to unplug and replug the USB, then restart ADSBsharp.
                    2) Sometimes I have to use my laptop elsewhere for work.

                    My hardware is RTL2832U+R820T + cheap coaxial cable + simple 137mm dipole antenna fixed on the glass of a window

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by microtony View Post
                      Hi all, T-VHHH21 here

                      My computer was out of memory and the asdbsharp software quit itself and I didn't notice.
                      I wish FR24 could send me automatic notification emails when I stopped serving data.

                      Some other downtime is due to:
                      1) If I accidentally hit the USB dongle, the USB connection will be lost and I will have to unplug and replug the USB, then restart ADSBsharp.
                      2) Sometimes I have to use my laptop elsewhere for work.

                      My hardware is RTL2832U+R820T + cheap coaxial cable + simple 137mm dipole antenna fixed on the glass of a window
                      Hello there... welcome to the forum!

                      I assumed you tried to apply for the free FR24 receiver but no joy?

                      Just a suggestion... perhaps you can get a raspberry pi and connect your dongle to it, thereby freeing your computer? There is a thread about it, click here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...e-to-feed-FR24
                      Most information is at the first 10 pages of the thread. The rest are problems people encountered and asking for help to resolve it. Have a look and give it a think.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by microtony View Post
                        Hi all, T-VHHH21 here

                        Some other downtime is due to:
                        1) If I accidentally hit the USB dongle, the USB connection will be lost and I will have to unplug and replug the USB, then restart ADSBsharp.
                        If you use a short USB extension it might help avoid accidentally knocking the dongle out.

                        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12cm-Short...-/251052157560
                        AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Though I live just below the roof of a high-rise apartment building (800ft AMSL), I am not allowed to install any equipment there.
                          From my room's window, the antenna has line of sight from 185 to 005 deg but I am receiving aircrafts from the south-east (07 ocean, lakes dep) as well.
                          I once brought the antenna to the roof (360 line of sight except some parts of east-southeast) and test the reception but there is almost no improvement.
                          My coverage well complements T-VHHH3 and T-VHHH5, notably the south-west SIERA app area.
                          I will post my set up and coverage once I am back home.

                          Comment


                          • #73

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Actually I just thinking what your location is before....How come you have a big coverage...
                              just guessing the location is Cheung Chau, Lamma Island or even Mid Levels in Hong Kong Island...
                              Actually are you Bowen's friend?
                              As I know from hkadb group that F-VHHH1, T-VHHH3, T-VHHH5 is setting up by Bowen which have good coverage, so I just think you are Bowen's friend because of your coverage...

                              If you have a good view with good antenna, you can receive plane signal up to 200nm far away easily...
                              Actually I just setting up my small indoor TV antenna (not power supply one) bought from Ap Liu Street in CUHK hostel and can cover the plane lcoated in Shantou, sometimes Xiamen, max distance 235 nm...
                              As the location is hostel, so please don't expect the radar will be setting up for a long period...
                              Last edited by Dundee; 2013-11-20, 20:27.
                              T-VHST9: http://vhst9.hopto.org/
                              (24/7)

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                AH right you use a dipole and coax length ?looks short. simple but good setup microtomy. Good view of the pool below too ha! U all feeders in HK should meet up sometime and have a drink!

                                Do have a think about getting the rpi to your dongle...
                                Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-11-20, 22:49.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X