Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hong Kong Radar

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    That would be up to FR24 to make the call. it's their lost if they missed the chance. VHHH definitely has the volume of aircrafts there.

    Range from 270 to 090 via 000 is amazing with F-VHHH1 (180degree view as far as I know from the feeder who mentioned it here last time). but yes, towards the south/south east it can be improved and T-VHHH3, VHHH5 is covering that a bit. F-VMMC is down for a long time now, previously has provided some cover which is now gone. Well, just keep feeding to FR24 for now. just have to persevere... and hope the dongle lasts!
    The new antenna looks like amazing, hope that it will offer a cheaper price for new product (As I am just a student and being a tester for new product )
    So what I am doing now is I will stay in a university hostel in weekdays and back to home in weekends.

    In weekdays I will feed FR24 via my hostel. The coverage will be just ENE (East North East) of Hong Kong about 50-80 nm (Cheapest radio antenna is used), the area mainly have 3 types of traffic:
    1. China dosmetic flight / China<=>Taiwan enroute flight, R200 airway, (Most can be covered by F-VHHH1)
    2. Aircrafts approaching to Macau via East, SMT3A/4B arrival, Only my radar can cover
    3. A bit holding pattern of aircraft can be covered when aircrafts approaching to Hong Kong via East and need hold, ABBEY 2B/3A arrival...

    In weekends I will feed FR24 via my home. The coverage will be south east of Hong Kong, South China Sea for about 100 - 150 nm (Directional UHF TV antenna is used and placing horizontal, the performance will be affected)...
    Last edited by Dundee; 2013-10-19, 01:43.

    Comment


    • #47
      You don't have contacts with someone in Hainan do you (who would put in a radar)

      Comment


      • #48
        Dundee,

        have a look at the link of post 8 of this thread: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post39572

        from there you also can try to apply and see whether you get it. Might as well give it a go. Good luck.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
          Dundee,

          have a look at the link of post 8 of this thread: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post39572

          from there you also can try to apply and see whether you get it. Might as well give it a go. Good luck.
          Thanks for sharing and just apply it...
          Anyway do you have any other contact that I can find you once have any problems?

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Dundee View Post
            Thanks for sharing and just apply it...
            Anyway do you have any other contact that I can find you once have any problems?
            PM is disabled in this forum.

            This forum provides quite good support and infomations and there is PM once you have sign up. I visit the forum time to time so you can reach me if needed. Link below:
            http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=forum

            On another note, nice to See T-VHHH5 and 21 covering the west a little bit. T-VHHH21 has added some coverage to VHHH which is good.

            F-VMMC1... where are you? decided to leave FR24 for good?
            Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-10-13, 00:15.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
              PM is disabled in this forum.

              This forum provides quite good support and infomations and there is PM once you have sign up. I visit the forum time to time so you can reach me if needed. Link below:
              http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=forum
              Just registered at there and sent u a message...
              Just have a look...

              Comment


              • #52
                After replacing a new antenna in my campus hostel, the coverage is increasing dramatically to 200 nm...

                map.jpg

                Original antenna:
                orig.png

                New antenna (costing 9 USD):
                new.jpg
                Last edited by Dundee; 2013-10-28, 15:41.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Just finished making antenna
                  http://www.balarad.net/ here is how
                  Cost: 12Hrk=1.64 Eur
                  testing on RTL 1090 at the moment...so far perfect! 100nm and it still on my table
                  For official support use Contact Form

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Slightly off topic, the next antenna I intend to try is the Franklin on p15 of the Best Antenna thread - http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...antenna/page15 - I have 7.5m of 3/16" copper pipe of ebay for this (car brake pipe) and intend to support it by fixing the looped ends to a non-conductive vertical support. I presently have the Balrad enclosed in PVCu plastic pipe - but the pipe may be attenuating the signal ... the Frankin will be in the open. Just need some playtime to make up a rig to do the pipe bending (I think if I sand fill the pipe & seal the ends, I might be able to get it around some 10mm bolts - especially if I restrict how much the sides can spread buy the use of locked nuts and washers constructing a guide.)

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      It seems that the performance of antenna is quite affected when it is raining,coverage reduced from 200 nm to 70 nm significantly...
                      So how can improve that?

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Dundee View Post
                        It seems that the performance of antenna is quite affected when it is raining,coverage reduced from 200 nm to 70 nm significantly...
                        So how can improve that?
                        This sounds strange. Normally there is a small improvement in reception during raining.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Water is getting into the antenna connector?

                          We always recommend using self-amalgamating tape on all external connections.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by FR24support View Post
                            Water is getting into the antenna connector?

                            We always recommend using self-amalgamating tape on all external connections.
                            Is that something like electrical tape/insulating tape?

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-amalgamating_tape

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                there are lots of youtube videos showing this.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X