• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Borneo Radar
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundee View Post
    New Feeder F-ZGGG3...
    It's coverage so big which can cover Pearl River Delta and South China Sea...
    Most Blind coverage in VHHK such as South China Sea can be covered...

If it's connectivity is stable and 100% 24/7, I may change the decode hardware from Mode-S Beast back to DVB-T in order to focusing on M-LAT contribution.
    Fantastic range! A warm welcome to F-ZGGG3! Finally improved coverage for the south, South East side, sea area of Hong Kong!

Leave a comment:

• Dundee
    replied
    New Feeder F-ZGGG3...
    It's coverage so big which can cover Pearl River Delta and South China Sea...
    Most Blind coverage in VHHK such as South China Sea can be covered...

If it's connectivity is stable and 100% 24/7, I may change the decode hardware from Mode-S Beast back to DVB-T in order to focusing on M-LAT contribution.
    Last edited by Dundee; 2015-07-27, 17:28.

Leave a comment:

• North Borneo Radar
    replied
    Originally posted by jb_bak View Post
    Well Hong Kong is so mountainous, that directional probably is what most need? No need to buy one, I made one very cheaply that works great using this link: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1328260

T-VHHH55
    bobsaget.mooo.com:8080
    Perhaps. It all depends what you want really. In most cases high gain collinear seems to work well which is around 8-9dbi in gain. ads-b reception normally has a limit of around 250-300nm depending on elevation.

What range do you get with the biquad directional? And also the type of cable & length used? how high up are you?
    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-07-10, 14:18.

Leave a comment:

• Dundee
    replied
    Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    Strange.. did we get an email about a reply in this thread? but nothing new is posted here.

Anywho hope in the future Dundee you saved enough to get a collinear antenna or... microtony can make you one of those dipole type.
    Someone from Singapore replied a wrong post in here instead of Singapore Radar Forum a few hours ago...

Well Hong Kong is so mountainous, that directional probably is what most need? No need to buy one, I made one very cheaply that works great using this link: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1328260

T-VHHH55
    Ya, my antenna bs1105 got from FA so far so good...
    Although I paste much amalgamating tape to each connections of the antenna, cable, it just get a poor performance when raining dogs and cats a few days, everything fine after sunshine...
    Another factor of my antenna is too long cable given by FA, I request a shorter one to FA and they said OK at first, but so far no reply, no follow up, no replacement schedule as #203...
    Last edited by Dundee; 2015-07-09, 13:19.

Leave a comment:

• jb_bak
    replied

T-VHHH55

Leave a comment:

• North Borneo Radar
    replied
    I just still use the FA one as GPS antenna is not required during the test...
    But I don't know whether the MLAT data is compatible with FR24 Format as I just use the Flightfeeder port 30005 PlanePlotter Format as source of data...
    Strange.. did we get an email about a reply in this thread? but nothing new is posted here.

Anywho hope in the future Dundee you saved enough to get a collinear antenna or... microtony can make you one of those dipole type.

Leave a comment:

• jb_bak
    replied
    But I don't know whether the MLAT data is compatible with FR24 Format as I just use the Flightfeeder port 30005 PlanePlotter Format as source of data...
    Hmm... I guess i'll update too thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Dundee
    replied
    So have you replaced your antenna Dundee or still using the same one from FA?

Leave a comment:

• North Borneo Radar
    replied
    All stations,

Radar code of mine will be changed from T-VHHH19 to T-VHST9 due to my participation of "Beta test new Flightradar24 MLAT software for Raspberry Pi".

Please pay attention!
    So have you replaced your antenna Dundee or still using the same one from FA?

Leave a comment:

• Dundee
    replied
    All stations,

Radar code of mine will be changed from T-VHHH19 to T-VHST9 due to my participation of "Beta test new Flightradar24 MLAT software for Raspberry Pi".

Please pay attention!

Leave a comment:

• Dundee
    replied
    HK's terrain make it difficult for good signal reception - though why not, you should send in an application to host their FR24 kit. No guarantee you will hear back from them though.
    I have applied twice for my home same location in 2013, 2015, but all cases got no reply after filling step one doc sheet...
    Maybe they think my location has many natural barriers like hills but they don't know I am one of the feeder which can provide good unique coverage for Hong Kong South...

Further more, I just lost contact with manufacturer of Flightfeeder 5 months already. I have email the situation to CEO once I can connect Flightfeeder to Router using Wifi Dongle by own DIY in March, but no reply, no follow up, no replacement schedule...
    I think they have already given up my location as VHHH has good coverage and adequate feeders in Flightaware already...
    Last edited by Dundee; 2015-06-21, 06:18.

Leave a comment:

• North Borneo Radar
    replied
    No I think I might have misunderstood, I just added the -mlat option on dump1090, but after further investigation, it is a lot more complicated. Hmm... maybe i can get a radarcape from flightradar? Would be nice
    HK's terrain make it difficult for good signal reception - though why not, you should send in an application to host their FR24 kit. No guarantee you will hear back from them though.

Leave a comment:

• jb_bak
    replied
    No I think I might have misunderstood, I just added the -mlat option on dump1090, but after further investigation, it is a lot more complicated. Hmm... maybe i can get a radarcape from flightradar? Would be nice

Leave a comment:

• North Borneo Radar
    replied
    Cool thanks Dundee, I just setup MLAT here at my station T-VHHH55
    Hi there sounds like you bought a radarcape?

Leave a comment:

• jb_bak
    replied
    Cool thanks Dundee, I just setup MLAT here at my station T-VHHH55

Leave a comment:

Working...
X