Hong Kong Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha...
    You guys may shake hand in this post also...
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/hkad...5039688547056/

Comment

• To all fellow feeders: Happy feeding in 2019! Stay healthy and out of trouble!

Comment

• Hi all.
        Happy New Year.
        Any news for Hong Kong Feeder? Any social platform that VHHH feeder is staying?
        My ADS-B antenna holder was inclined a bit after the Super Typhoon Mangkhut (超強颱風山竹) approached, so the coverage was minimized from 210-230 nm to 170-200 nm after September 2018.

Comment

• Hi everyone! It's VHHH33 here. (Well, I know you dun get to see me on FR24 often, but anyway... )
          A newbie here. Have always been tempted to get a USB dongle but only got it recently. I have about 135-degree view facing southeast to west.
          Now I'm waiting for my second dongle for placing on west side of my flat. Hope to "see" more then.

Comment

• Hi there, T-VHST41 here!

Comment

• It has been long since I logged on to check my stat...only to discover by Rpi has stopped feeding for Iong. Had to start a new station...now I am T-VHST131

Comment

• Hi Guys. Any recommendations on where I can pick up an Antenna and other gear in HKG. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Hottub Cowboy View Post
                  Hi Guys. Any recommendations on where I can pick up an Antenna and other gear in HKG. Thanks
                  I bought the Antenna and the USB Receiver from Taobao

Comment

• Originally posted by mic325 View Post

I bought the Antenna and the USB Receiver from Taobao
                    Thanks. I might do the same as I cant find any locally.

I am feeding from TST (Chatham Rd) at the moment with a small antenna and it does not seem to work. Im hoping a better antenna might fix this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hottub Cowboy View Post

Thanks. I might do the same as I cant find any locally.

I am feeding from TST (Chatham Rd) at the moment with a small antenna and it does not seem to work. Im hoping a better antenna might fix this.
                      I am feeding from Kowloon Tong using small antenna that comes with the USB receiver. I put it near the window and it is doing fine.

Comment

• When I lived in Hong Kong and was feeding FlightRadar I used a homemade bi-quad antenna I made from a coat hanger and some baking pans. Google how to make one. It will out perform any junk made Chinese antenna trust me on that!

Comment

• Originally posted by jb_bak View Post
                          When I lived in Hong Kong and was feeding FlightRadar I used a homemade bi-quad antenna I made from a coat hanger and some baking pans. Google how to make one. It will out perform any junk made Chinese antenna trust me on that!
                          Thanks. I managed to get my rig set up. The problem was a defective dongle.

Comment

• Is it safe to feed data to FR24 in Hong Kong and Macau?

I just read a news from mainland China, it said that feeding ADS-B Data from China to oversea violating "Counter-espionage Law of the People's Republic of China 2014".

As Hong Kong and Macau is a part of China, also "Hong Kong national security law" has already be commenced, is that better for Hong Kong and Macau feeders stop feeding ASD-B data to Flightaware, FR24 as soon as possible?

Source CCTV News (央視新聞, Simplified Chinese):
                            https://content-static.cctvnews.cctv...63753043940028

News Heading:
                            独家披露丨论坛招募志愿者 实为刺探我国航空数据!
                            A forum recruited volunteers to spy on my country's aviation data!

Capture.PNG20211031155435557.jpg20211031155435722.jpg20211031155435892.jpg ​​​​​​​
                            Last edited by Dundee; 2021-11-04, 11:35.

Comment

• It's what you call 'being precious'

If they didn't broadcast it. Then there would be no-one to receive
                              But it's now a global requirement to broadcast ADSB for safety. So they've flipped it on the head and made it look like everyone is breaching national security or something

God forbid they ever fly to other countries. OMG guess what, You're being received there too!
                              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                                It's what you call 'being precious'

If they didn't broadcast it. Then there would be no-one to receive
                                But it's now a global requirement to broadcast ADSB for safety. So they've flipped it on the head and made it look like everyone is breaching national security or something

God forbid they ever fly to other countries. OMG guess what, You're being received there too!
                                I do believe that management team of FR24 know details of mattes and are now handling the issue. It seems ASD-B volunteers in mainland need to stop broadcasting, remove their ADS-B receiver as soon as possible.
                                I have already leave a message to FR24 support admin, and seeking for their advice.

Comment

Working...
                                X