X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dundee
    replied
    Originally posted by Birdie View Post
    Soon the pvc tape will break into pieces.

Check out " Radio spares Components " or " Farnell Components " and do mail orders.

But make sure it is made by " 3 M ". Tape made by others will break when you pull the tape around the connectors.
    I just bought something called vinyl electrical tape made by 3M Scotch in hardware store...
    And wrap all connector component with the tape...

Leave a comment:

• Birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    over at my place it's rare to find self-amalgamating tape. What I do is I use electrical tape to seal the connections, then use plumbers tape (PVC tape) and wrap round the electrical tape.
    Soon the pvc tape will break into pieces.

Check out " Radio spares Components " or " Farnell Components " and do mail orders.

But make sure it is made by " 3 M ". Tape made by others will break when you pull the tape around the connectors.

Leave a comment:

• North Borneo Radar
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundee View Post
    Is that something like electrical tape/insulating tape?
    over at my place it's rare to find self-amalgamating tape. What I do is I use electrical tape to seal the connections, then use plumbers tape (PVC tape) and wrap round the electrical tape.

Leave a comment:

• peterhr
    replied
    there are lots of youtube videos showing this.

Leave a comment:

• FR24support
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dundee
    replied
    Originally posted by FR24support View Post
    Water is getting into the antenna connector?

We always recommend using self-amalgamating tape on all external connections.
    Is that something like electrical tape/insulating tape?

Leave a comment:

• FR24support
    replied
    Water is getting into the antenna connector?

We always recommend using self-amalgamating tape on all external connections.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    It seems that the performance of antenna is quite affected when it is raining,coverage reduced from 200 nm to 70 nm significantly...
    So how can improve that?
    This sounds strange. Normally there is a small improvement in reception during raining.

Leave a comment:

• Dundee
    replied
    It seems that the performance of antenna is quite affected when it is raining,coverage reduced from 200 nm to 70 nm significantly...
    So how can improve that?

Leave a comment:

• peterhr
    replied
    Slightly off topic, the next antenna I intend to try is the Franklin on p15 of the Best Antenna thread - http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...antenna/page15 - I have 7.5m of 3/16" copper pipe of ebay for this (car brake pipe) and intend to support it by fixing the looped ends to a non-conductive vertical support. I presently have the Balrad enclosed in PVCu plastic pipe - but the pipe may be attenuating the signal ... the Frankin will be in the open. Just need some playtime to make up a rig to do the pipe bending (I think if I sand fill the pipe & seal the ends, I might be able to get it around some 10mm bolts - especially if I restrict how much the sides can spread buy the use of locked nuts and washers constructing a guide.)

Leave a comment:

• Amper
    replied
    Just finished making antenna
    http://www.balarad.net/ here is how
    Cost: 12Hrk=1.64 Eur
    testing on RTL 1090 at the moment...so far perfect! 100nm and it still on my table

Leave a comment:

• Dundee
    replied
    After replacing a new antenna in my campus hostel, the coverage is increasing dramatically to 200 nm...

map.jpg

Original antenna:
    orig.png

New antenna (costing 9 USD):
    new.jpg
    Last edited by Dundee; 2013-10-28, 15:41.

Leave a comment:

• Dundee
    replied
    PM is disabled in this forum.

This forum provides quite good support and infomations and there is PM once you have sign up. I visit the forum time to time so you can reach me if needed. Link below:
    http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=forum
    Just registered at there and sent u a message...
    Just have a look...

Leave a comment:

• North Borneo Radar
    replied
    Thanks for sharing and just apply it...
    Anyway do you have any other contact that I can find you once have any problems?
    PM is disabled in this forum.

This forum provides quite good support and infomations and there is PM once you have sign up. I visit the forum time to time so you can reach me if needed. Link below:

On another note, nice to See T-VHHH5 and 21 covering the west a little bit. T-VHHH21 has added some coverage to VHHH which is good.

F-VMMC1... where are you? decided to leave FR24 for good?
    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-10-13, 00:15.

Leave a comment:

• Dundee
    replied
    Dundee,

have a look at the link of post 8 of this thread: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post39572

from there you also can try to apply and see whether you get it. Might as well give it a go. Good luck.
    Thanks for sharing and just apply it...
    Anyway do you have any other contact that I can find you once have any problems?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X