Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hong Kong Radar

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by peterhr View Post
    There is an analogue port too - you just need a cord with two RCA phono plus on it to use that

    (I've not tried it to see how well it works - but it's there)
    Thanks for the suggestion! I am not yet giving the HDMI port up!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by royng View Post
      Thanks for the suggestion! I am not yet giving the HDMI port up!
      Hi, did you connect the HDMI first to your tv/monitor (powered) before powering up the RPi?
      Else could you try another HDMI cable and/or another power supply? (were you using the same power supply when it works elsewhere?)
      Last edited by who; 2014-07-04, 12:00.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by who View Post
        Hi, did you connect the HDMI first to your tv/monitor (powered) before powering up the RPi?
        Else could you try another HDMI cable and/or another power supply? (were you using the same power supply when it works elsewhere?)
        I plugged eveything together, powered on the Pi then did source selection in the TV to find it (having not paid any real attention to which socket it was in)

        Comment


        • I would like to know if I want to get myself a new antenna for better coverage, I should target for the range of the TV signal or 1090mzh?

          Thanks

          Comment


          • Originally posted by VHHH29 View Post
            I would like to know if I want to get myself a new antenna for better coverage, I should target for the range of the TV signal or 1090mzh?

            Thanks
            Definitely get an antenna tuned to 1090Mhz - TV antennas are just wrong for this

            Have a look at http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...1-best-antenna on how to make your own (don't be afraid to ask what you would need for where you need to put the antenna)

            Comment


            • But I am currently using an USB receiver, does the 1090mhz antenna works with it?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by VHHH29 View Post
                But I am currently using an USB receiver, does the 1090mhz antenna works with it?
                You can find microtony@fb, he can make a diy antenna for you. It's easy to make one for your receiver by changing the male head of antenna (天線公頭) like PAL SMA MCX.
                Last edited by Dundee; 2014-07-26, 14:54.
                T-VHST9: http://vhst9.hopto.org/
                (24/7)

                Comment


                • I just found someone has written the other layout which similar as Hong Kong FIR (VHHK) FR24 Overlay written by microtony I post before:

                  VHHH-airport-overlay written by mkyung

                  So here are the summary of the two javascripts:

                  Hong Kong FIR (VHHK) FR24 Overlay:

                  Code:
                  javascript:(function(){document.body.appendChild(document.createElement('script')).src='http://www.microtony.com/fr24/vhhh.js';})();
                  VHHH-airport-overlay:
                  Code:
                  javascript:(function(){$('body').append("<script src='//rawgit.com/mkyung/Flightradar24-airport-overlay/master/js/fr24-airport-overlay-data.js' />"); setTimeout(function(){$('body').append("<script src='//rawgit.com/mkyung/Flightradar24-airport-overlay/master/js/fr24-airport-overlay.js' id='fr24-airport-overlay' />")}, 100);})()
                  Appendix:
                  A350 Estimated DEP/ARR@VHHH (UTC+8):
                  28/7: STA1400
                  29/7: STD0200 STA1445 STD2030
                  30/7: STA0755 STD1200 STA2359
                  31/7: STD0500 STA1630 STD2359
                  Last edited by Dundee; 2014-07-28, 22:25.
                  T-VHST9: http://vhst9.hopto.org/
                  (24/7)

                  Comment


                  • T-VHHH19 seems down. The coverage is reduced.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by twfr View Post
                      T-VHHH19 seems down. The coverage is reduced.
                      I am sorry that my station need to be down for a couple of weeks because of machine failure.
                      I have contacted the manufacturer based in Houston to do a replacement.

                      And as I found T-VHHH3, T-VHHH33 have already covered most of my coverage since July, so I think they can also do a great contribution in my coverage.
                      If you guys think my station is important, please let me know via this post or David Bush@HKADB FB Group, I will try my best to online again by using DVB-T Stick as temporary solution.
                      Last edited by Dundee; 2014-08-14, 16:41.
                      T-VHST9: http://vhst9.hopto.org/
                      (24/7)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Dundee View Post
                        I am sorry that my station need to be down for a couple of weeks because of machine failure.
                        I have contacted the manufacturer based in Houston to do a replacement.

                        And as I found T-VHHH3, T-VHHH33 have already covered most of my coverage since July, so I think they can also do a great contribution in my coverage.
                        If you guys think my station is important, please let me know via this post or David Bush@HKADB FB Group, I will try my best to online again by using DVB-T Stick as temporary solution.

                        Your radar station is definitely important to us. T-VHHH3 and T-VHHH33 cannot cover all the area that previously covered by you

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by twfr View Post
                          Your radar station is definitely important to us. T-VHHH3 and T-VHHH33 cannot cover all the area that previously covered by you
                          I don't know whether my station can maintain my previous coverage by using DVB-T Stick.
                          As my equipment is using Mode-S Beast Card which pre-amp, filtering function has already implied, the coverage must be smaller if I use a DVB-T stick without any signal processing.
                          And I need a SMA Female to PAL/IEC Male adapter (SMA母頭轉PAL/IEC公頭轉接器) in order to connect the cable to DVBT stick but i cannot find it in Taobao.
                          I tihnk it's better for me to wait for the replacement instead.
                          T-VHST9: http://vhst9.hopto.org/
                          (24/7)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Dundee View Post
                            I don't know whether my station can maintain my previous coverage by using DVB-T Stick.
                            As my equipment is using Mode-S Beast Card which pre-amp, filtering function has already implied, the coverage must be smaller if I use a DVB-T stick without any signal processing.
                            And I need a SMA Female to PAL/IEC Male adapter (SMA母頭轉PAL/IEC公頭轉接器) in order to connect the cable to DVBT stick but i cannot find it in Taobao.
                            I tihnk it's better for me to wait for the replacement instead.
                            wow Your station is an advanced setup with long range coverage.
                            We loses some coverages during maintenance of your station. Hope that your station could online soon.
                            Your coverage is important to us. Thanks for your radar station.

                            Comment


                            • I'm getting 400 - 450km distance (in directions with no trees or hills in the way) with a dongle, satellite LNB amplifier and Raspberry Pi

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                                I'm getting 400 - 450km distance (in directions with no trees or hills in the way) with a dongle, satellite LNB amplifier and Raspberry Pi
                                Peterhr, your radar station is awesome
                                Without specialised equipemnt, it tracks most planes flying over UK. You are expert in Raspberry Pi. I want to set up a Pi station to replace my notebook.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X