X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoCalBrian
    replied
    wow! lots of good hits from Hawaii now.
    Great to see those Mode-S hits on the C-17's and KC-135's tanker aircraft. Plus the Coast Guard 1719 aircraft.

Leave a comment:

• ChuckinKona
    replied
    I couldn't find a folder that covered Hawaii in North America or the Pacific, but did a "Search" for location using Kona, HI, US on the military website and got hundreds of contact reports. Likewise, same technique worked on the civil website for the civil traffic.

Chuck

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    At least you exist :P

I don't even show up under Australia lol

Leave a comment:

• jmhayes
    replied
    Originally posted by ChuckinKona View Post
    I'm now feeding Albert's Mode S website on a 24/7 basis. Location shows as Kona, HI, USA although most of the traffic is 150NM away near Oahu instead of the Kona district on the Big Island. Has been up since Dec 6.
    That's awesome, having the historical record is a huge win. Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• ChuckinKona
    replied
    Aloha Mike,
    Thanks for the info, although as it turns out I was off the farm and not able to see if it showed up. Most of the flights that come in to HNL from the North East usually only show up briefly after they come out from the shadow of Maui and the ridge on the Big Island to my North, until they descend to somewhere around 5,000 feet when the dip below the radio line of sight horizon.

Am partial to Boeing aircraft, having retired from working there for almost 30 years.

By the way, if of interest to anybody, I'm now feeding Albert's Mode S website on a 24/7 basis. Location shows as Kona, HI, USA although most of the traffic is 150NM away near Oahu instead of the Kona district on the Big Island. Has been up since Dec 6.

Chuck

Leave a comment:

• speedbird1960
    replied
    A380 Demonstrator is visiting Honolulu @ 14:30 Local Time.

Might be worth a trip for you Chuck, the locals are looking for Kona Winds

It should show on the Map 22:30 UTC, http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/f-wwdd

There is a thread on Airliners.net so you can get more information.

News Article: http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...182730591.html

Article with photos about the A380 at HNL: http://hnlrarebirds.blogspot.co.uk/2...or-f-wwdd.html

Mike
    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2012-12-10, 09:38.

Leave a comment:

• jmhayes
    replied
    I guess I need a password and/likely a user ID?
    Send mail to Albert: liveModeS@gmail.com

Leave a comment:

• jmhayes
    replied
    The E models were 1961 & 1962 models, all of which I assume are now retired.
    (you'd be surprised!

Leave a comment:

• ChuckinKona
    replied
    Aloha,

Oh, by the way, once upon a time (early 1970's) I was a maintenance officer in C-130A and C-130E aircraft in TAC airlift wings at Lockbourne AFB and Langley AFB. The E models were 1961 & 1962 models, all of which I assume are now retired. Some of the A models we supported were the first AC-130's while they were training the crews on their way to SEA.

Leave a comment:

• ChuckinKona
    replied
    Mode S Feed

Aloha Oblivian,

Done that, standing by. Thanks for filling in the blank of going to the contact link.

Chuck

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Yeah the main website has a few dead links And for anything other than the public area you have to use the contact form, and let them know you are feeding and your location (as you put in the app)

That reminds me, must search for the C130H I had today

Leave a comment:

• ChuckinKona
    replied
    OK, I'll give it a try

Aloha,

OK, you Mode S guys, I think I'm feeding the Mode S website, on an online basis, but when I got to the screen that says "Check Locations on-line" when I clicked on the link I got a "Not Found" error message, Web server at live-mode-s.info .

And, I guess I need a password and/likely a user ID? Also need a target URL for the website.

Chuck

Leave a comment:

• jmhayes
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    I put in "Christchurch, NZ"
    Whoops, I thought I was responding to Chuck in Kona! Thanks, I see your data now; send a note to Albert for a password to read the pages.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by jmhayes View Post
    What did you pick for you Location? Hopefully something like "Kona HI, US" ...?
    Uuuh nope. Going by the austrlasian links on the main page I thought it would like where I was 'down under'?

I put in "Christchurch, NZ"

Leave a comment:

• jmhayes
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    I've Just installed it and now logging too BTW.
    What did you pick for you Location? Hopefully something like "Kona HI, US" ...?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X