New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
    My experiment with various computers, sorry. Gw looks like a goer. Ci was on a laptop. Well there is one At76 my system is still not registering. Thanks for the update Westone. Your GQ seems to be working very well as you are out performing my setup Grrrrrrrr. Must have good antenna's.
    The HEX will help...

The planeplotter database is only as good as the international one server side being updated, or you updating locally. I don't have the save remote aircraft/route option on as they are alwasy screwed up by someone on the other side of the planet. So I have a dbeditor and manually add them.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Infact in planeplotter, go todays - alerts. it will list the new ones it doesnt know.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

My experiment with various computers, sorry. Gw looks like a goer. Ci was on a laptop. Well there is one At76 my system is still not registering. Thanks for the update Westone. Your GQ seems to be working very well as you are out performing my setup Grrrrrrrr. Must have good antenna's.
        If you can give the Hex. Regn,. I could check our FR24 Database,. To see if we have them in there..

And when they aint in there,.. I could enter them ..
        Last edited by delcomp; 2016-06-17, 09:01.
        (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
        1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• Soooo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
            Soooo...

Saw it earlier. That explains why it's been quiet. Just a new engine, nothing major! Maybe the lost the last one into a black hole while star gazing.

Touching down at Christchurch during the early hours of 19 June was Western Global Airlines Boeing 747-400BCF N356KD . The ex Japan Airl...

Comment

• Beast problems

My Beast receiver has almost died; the rate of reports I see in my Flightaware stats is half what it used to be last year, so I gather a new Beast is indicated. It appears they do have a tendency to 'fade away' after a couple of years, just like old soldiers. I still get the aircraft, but at a much more limited range. Has anyone else notice a report rate dropoff in their Beast receiver.

Comment

• Mine did. And $60 bill later he couldn't find anything wrong with it. What I did find was the dip switches in PP auto config made it go silly. Fixing them to forced settings sorted.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Mine did. And $60 bill later he couldn't find anything wrong with it. What I did find was the dip switches in PP auto config made it go silly. Fixing them to forced settings sorted.
                  Thanks for that Oblivian. So the problem can be fixed in PP? I will have a looksee and get back to you if I my bafflement with tiny electronics continues.

Comment

• What I did find was the dip switches in PP auto config made it go silly. Fixing them to forced settings sorted.
                    In PP had a look at the switch settings in Options/Mode S receiver/Beast. Recommended settings are 3,5,8,9,10. Do I stick with that or change them to what?

Comment

In PP had a look at the switch settings in Options/Mode S receiver/Beast. Recommended settings are 3,5,8,9,10. Do I stick with that or change them to what?
                      I can't recall what I adjusted them to. But theyre now 'fixed' with the settings rather than auto mode (SW changable)

Comment

• And if you do decide you want to replace it I'd be happy to talk to you about buying it [emoji4]

Comment

• Sorry 41 South, this Beast was supplied by Planefinder and they have said they will replace it if I return the faulty Beast

Comment

Sorry 41 South, this Beast was supplied by Planefinder and they have said they will replace it if I return the faulty Beast
                            Ah right, I have one of their new boxes, didn't realize they were a beast on the inside

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ah right, I have one of their new boxes, didn't realize they were a beast on the inside
                              What have you got from Planefinder? Is it a plain metal box or is it called a Radarcape, which is mostly a Beast with GPS clock info. Cost difference is enormous . Radarcape is 800 eurs, Beast is 230 Euros.

Comment

• It's a black PF branded box of their own design, with GPS. Reminds me very much of a beast or FR24 box but a different case - but I haven't opened it up yet uploadfromtaptalk1467957800936.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X