X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busy morning with AT76's in Canterbury this morning
    Atrs.JPG

Comment

• They're getting more and more it seems.

Hardly see a pip out of B190s now. Seems their days are numbered down here

Still no pressure balloon either :/
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Chaps in akl may want to keep eyes peeled for EK434?..

A specially decked out Airbus A380 is due to arrive in New Zealand soon, painted up to celebrate the legendary UK football fixture - the FA Cup.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I have noticed over the last couple of months a degradation in the MLAT coverage of the lower South Island .
          When NZQN-1 relocated to the Remarkables coverage seemed to improve and the Q300 and AT75 showed up just about all the way to IVC. The AT75 on the NZCH NZQN track drop off coverage on crossing the Lindis whereas previously showed up till crossing the Pisa Range.
          The odd IVC bound show up as far as Gore but intermittently.
          Any ideas anyone?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by baznz View Post
            I have noticed over the last couple of months a degradation in the MLAT coverage of the lower South Island .
            When NZQN-1 relocated to the Remarkables coverage seemed to improve and the Q300 and AT75 showed up just about all the way to IVC. The AT75 on the NZCH NZQN track drop off coverage on crossing the Lindis whereas previously showed up till crossing the Pisa Range.
            The odd IVC bound show up as far as Gore but intermittently.
            Any ideas anyone?

I've noticed what seems to me less coverage central NZ, Wellington Nelson up to Taranaki. Planes taking longer to show up out of Wellington.

So either less receiver's or something, maybe the sky gets clogged like those internet tubes.

Comment

• If its any help, me and my radar are actually right next door to Invercargill Airport. Problem is I'm a Pi, not an FR box. I know of an FR box in the city which has decent range, and I know of another receiver thats regularly on (NZNV3) but not sure if its a Pi or an FR box.

Comment

• Super Balloon launch next possible day Sunday 24th

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
                  I've noticed what seems to me less coverage central NZ, Wellington Nelson up to Taranaki. Planes taking longer to show up out of Wellington.

So either less receiver's or something, maybe the sky gets clogged like those internet tubes.
                  They said Fr mlat is perferred over pi. It may be that it's still deciding it's not accurate enough to show anything but

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
                    Only 3 1/2 years by my reckoning. I guess the 76's will fill the gap eventually when the Dash 8's are dropped. May see less and less smaller airports go hungry .
                    The planned fleet departure of the Q300 is from around 2022 onwards, hence the reason they're currently undergoing a midlife refit.

Having said that the current regional fleet is a terrible mix - the ATR's are an accountants plane due to their cheap running costs, and the decision to go with both ATR and Bombardier for regional may have made sense at some point, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to ultimately see an Air Nelson / Mt Cook "merger" and ATR42's enter the fleet since they'll have a common type rating well before this date.

Comment

• R.I.P. F-NZPM2

I've relinquished the radar and handed the receiver to a nice young chap who lives in the next suburb.

I'm still sharing via my original T-NZPM1 using a dongle from another sharing entity which has, believe it or not, more range and more messages (I think!) and allows me to 'play around' a bit!
                      Michael
                      Palmerston North,
                      New Zealand
                      ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Yes there is something to be said for running your own gear in that regard.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

• SPB scrapped till tomorrow.. again

On Thurs early AM were on the lookout for "Atlanta 666"
                          http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ABD666

Comment

• Anybody know why both DHL and Air Freight ran a/c into Welly yesterday, freight handling problems in AA?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
                              R.I.P. F-NZPM2
                              Mmmm, looks like FR24 have taken to recycling. I've just seen F-NZPM2 attached to the Singapore 772 diverting to Ohakea.

SIA297.jpg
                              Michael
                              Palmerston North,
                              New Zealand
                              ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• If its the same receiver changing hands I believe they keep the same designating they did recently with F-NZQN1, changed host different location in same area

Comment

Working...
                                X