No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Westone..F-NZQN1 has a new host, he has been testing it prior to moving it too a new location that I
    can't divulge at the moment until it is in situ.
    All I can say is its an interesting location.
    Also one more should be online shortly awaiting a replacement receiver as first one faulty.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Thanks baznz. Please keep us informed.

Comment

• Noticed a US Osprey in the Auckland Area; First time I have ever seen one in NZ. Is the NZ airforce thinking of buying one or two

?

Comment

• Really? Not boob? We got a marines c40 parked up in chc atm. Poss related to exersize up north

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
            Really? Not boob? We got a marines c40 parked up in chc atm. Poss related to exersize up north

If there is a US warship in NZ northern waters it may carry an Osprey as they can operate like a sort of helicopter. Just supposition of course!!! The one I saw never got above 800 feet so it may just have been demonstrating capability.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
              We got a marines c40 parked up in chc atm.
              @Oblivian, do you have a callsign for that C40? Do you know when it arrived? I have a friend who heard a callsign on HF a couple of days ago and may have been MAC3871 or similar and we're trying to tie it to a flight or airframe.
              Michael
              Palmerston North,
              New Zealand
              ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Boxer40 on 17th. 02-0201

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• F-NZQN2 online today once I have been in touch with host hopefully I will be able to divulge location. Its only taken 4 to 5 months to get it finally going!

Comment

• Originally posted by baznz View Post
                    F-NZQN2 online today once I have been in touch with host hopefully I will be able to divulge location. Its only taken 4 to 5 months to get it finally going!
                    F-NZQN2 just picked up NZ638 about 2/3's of the way along the runway as taking off. Plus JST194 taxiing so must be close to airport .Well done everyone
                    Last edited by Westone; 2016-01-23, 00:45.

Comment

• F-NZQN2 is in fact on Queenstown Airport very kindly hosted by the Queenstown Airport Corp and a very big thank you to the team at the QAC who made this possible.
                      Will post a photo of the location when I can .

Comment

• Originally posted by baznz View Post
                        F-NZQN2 is in fact on Queenstown Airport very kindly hosted by the Queenstown Airport Corp and a very big thank you to the team at the QAC who made this possible.
                        Will post a photo of the location when I can .

Great stuff Queenstown Airport. It's nice to see an airport seeing the benefits they offer to themselves, their airlines/clients/operations and passengers.

I had a look at it the other day and from what saw flights were covered without gaps on take off at least, I can't remuneration if I saw a landing.

Also thanks baznz for your work.

Comment

• Seaplane

Just looking at an aircraft near Auckland that with its type (SREY)identifies as an Osprey. It is flying at 700 feet, US registry. Is this false?

New information identifies this as a seaplane Searey LSA made by Progressive Autogyne in Orlando Florida NOT an Osprey!!!
                          Last edited by Petenz; 2016-01-25, 21:20. Reason: New info

Comment

• While on holiday this week I've been neglecting other stuff and putting this together.

Does it make sense from your perspectives? What may seem straight forward to me may not be so for others

Feel free to post/discuss suggestions here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...4840#post74840 (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/9875-Info-Updates-Ammendments-Placeholder?p=74840#post74840) This guide is not to be taken as officially sourced support information. It is contributor-made Information has been repeated many

Comment

• NZQN1.JPG

It would appear that F-NZQN1's new location has a bit of altitude with picking up traffic coming into Dunedin

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]6986[/ATTACH]

It would appear that F-NZQN1's new location has a bit of altitude with picking up traffic coming into Dunedin
                                And now out the other way:
                                f-NZQN1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X