No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had a look at this doc on ADS-B in NZ. Getting closer to filling the NZ skies with a/crft accurate positions; my info is that Air Nelson may soon be installing ADS-B in the Q300's

http://www.nss.govt.nz/the-plan/surveillance/http://www.nss.govt.nz/the-plan/surveillance/

Comment

• I got the southern track..

wlgsouth.jpg

06-12 04:57 ZK-OKH B772 NZ31
      Last edited by Oblivian; 2015-12-06, 07:20.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
        Also saw a flight track from Wiellington heading down to Antarctica; didn't see the plane, but guess a C130 or C17.
        It appeared as a c130 to me, with the standard photo. Definitely it was flying to Antarctica.

Comment

• Originally posted by Windsurfmaniac View Post
          It appeared as a c130 to me, with the standard photo. Definitely it was flying to Antarctica.
          Here is the play back from FR24.
          ANZ31 South.JPG

Comment

• There was some nz c130 action until yesterday, but would only be seen out of chc and infrequently as only mlat

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Going to take a stab that the marked feeder is potentially looping mLAT data back out from the FA app..

mlatradar.jpg

Comment

• Sounds Air is now 4/5 C208 with ADS-B. On its way home from Fielding it seems.

They also have 2/3 PC-12, so they are getting there. Nice to see smaller commercial flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                  Here is the play back from FR24.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]6712[/ATTACH]
                  If it came from SSE towards Wellington I might be able to get my longest theoretical range according to Heywhatsthat. I had 195nm at some stage, but skills be able to get out to 275nm odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                    There was some nz c130 action until yesterday, but would only be seen out of chc and infrequently as only mlat

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
                    Yes, the track started in CHC and was heading south in mlat.

Comment

• Gents.. If you like your Mils and have a feeder, feel free to join me in filling in blanks

I had someone ask for history of a Ice C130 today, but seems since I reconfigured my uploader for the Pi which has been offline, I've not updated since Oct.. and appear to be the only one who was doing so!

So most the history from this years trips is non existent.

Not too much overhead and reads 30003 like usual.

Comment

• A while ago I sent an email to the Aircraft registrar of CAA, to ask if it was possible for them to add a search for a aircraft Hex number on there enguiry screen.

I thought that as this info was recorded it would not be to much trouble.

Today I see that this search facility has been added.

Comment

• Score!

Previously I've downloaded the latest csv of the register (also there) and just searched the hex + "zk-" online to get a result and double check with the reg. This will make it a bit easier

Hopefully they realise we are using it for good purpose and nothing shadey. The US are almost at a decision on how to encrypt selected HEX to hide them :/

Comment

• I thought there was something wrong with my system when ANZ29 (Houston-Auckland) popped up on my receiver this morning:

ANZ29.jpg

It seems the upper winds were not favourable for the 'normal' route:

ANZ29_FA.jpg

Always expect the unexpected!!
                            Last edited by nzradar; 2015-12-26, 23:00. Reason: Spelling
                            Michael
                            Palmerston North,
                            New Zealand
                            ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Speaking of reach.. Those 2 westport targets. Good lord they see out to sea

Comment

• NZWS has awesome range out to sea. Picks up Akl to Mel all the time plus others to Syd

Comment

Working...
                                X