Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Oblivian;70755]
    Originally posted by Westone View Post

What have they classified it as to cop that? (or is it based on the GST excess value). Its the sort of thing that usually runs under the radar as it were.

Got my Pi, be interesting to run it a week and see how much the range differs to the beast currently feeding.
    Have been hit with GST & Import transaction fee, plus GST on that as well.

Comment

• Dirty. Given this one was sent to me and excluded, to which I managed to send back for repair/upgrade and return also unnoticed
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• [QUOTE=Westone;70756]
        Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

Have been hit with GST & Import transaction fee, plus GST on that as well.
        ouch.

But I do really like my beast. Hope it keeps goes strong. You went for the assembled one? Or you need to solder the LEDs yourself?

Comment

• The problem with getting a Pi to play with..

Re-learning basic 'nix. And needing a 2nd descent antenna and cabling to play with it. DOH!

Get about 2K from inside the house with the standard TV antenna, and not working out how to multi-stack the feeding apps. Which sucks given I've managed it so well on windows
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Have got my Beast working this afternoon, all good, except when I run the FR24 Feeder software it does not like serial port com3 being entered.

Any ideas

Comment

• It's actually on com3 I take it and not moved. Also make sure the port speed isn't changed

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Speed is 9600, Data bits 8

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                  Speed is 9600, Data bits 8
                  Ahh nooo..

forget what you see and set for what you know

You should be installing the VCP com port drivers for it (http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm), and ensuring the feed software is set for default, which is actually 3mb!. The replacement drivers let it go at full speed, not standard serial speed.

I'll double check my settings when I get home for you, but the first port info on the device manager tab are incorrect if the FTDI drivers are installed correctly. Of course it will also not allow Planeplotter or other software to use the port first as with most cases. So be sure its the only thing running/accessing it - You then reconfigure those other apps to use the raw repeater options on 30334 and BS 30003 in that case.

Comment

• Id you happen to see NZCH26 in the future.. its ma Pi.

Dang I can't believe we have 25 others here working...

Comment

• Have got the FR24 feeder sorted, and I think we are back in business with Planeplotter as well

Comment

• My Pi is online on the primary antenna.

Be interesting to see if MLAT improves around chc. I'm seeing some around the 1500ft mark now. And ATRs low into approach

nfd.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                          My Pi is online on the primary antenna.

Be interesting to see if MLAT improves around chc. I'm seeing some around the 1500ft mark now. And ATRs low into approach

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6451[/ATTACH]
                          I have normally seen MLAT from 3800 and up with take ofs from NZCH, so that sounds like success. MLAT6 or MLAT7 sould be a telling sign RPi is involved

Comment

• Originally posted by Kpin View Post
                            I have normally seen MLAT from 3800 and up with take ofs from NZCH, so that sounds like success. MLAT6 or MLAT7 sould be a telling sign RPi is involved
                            Theory may be out of the water then, May have been MLAT3 still :/

Just saw one at 2300 however. And some smaller AC at 600ft. Now if only the 'unknown' could be populated across to the callsign field (which is known when you click on them) we would be away

Comment

• I do hope, this isn't a result of my MLAT pie coming online. But rather the requirement to run IE where I am at present or some other anomaly...

sq.jpg

Seeing it a bit this morning with some of the light aircraft MLAT contacts too

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                                I do hope, this isn't a result of my MLAT pie coming online. But rather the requirement to run IE where I am at present or some other anomaly...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6453[/ATTACH]

Seeing it a bit this morning with some of the light aircraft MLAT contacts too
                                Have seen one or two strange things happening this morning. One AT75 stuck at 600ft for five minutes or so, when it had already landed. Think it is some other anomaly, not your Pi

Comment

Working...
                                X