X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    aus-1 server just died for anyone else?

Getting no connect
    Yes, it's my fault. I just plugged a 1090Mhz filter into my setup and it crashed the server.
    Regards,
    Gregg

Seriously though we've had a couple of these lately and I'm sure it'll be back up soon. (fingers crossed)
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Died here too in the past five minutes or so

Comment

• Lower south is looking rather sad.

On the plus side the multitude of MLAT contacts centre/north has increases exponentially recently!
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• ... looks like the 'F' feeders are back up, us 'T' feeders just need to get back to the grindstone

..and as I'm typing we're back on air.
          YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Hey Gregg I'm not across all this technical stuff but has it got anything to do with me seeing your T-YSSY4 earlier today for the first time in twelve months - picked up ACA34 about 100km due east of Sydney around 11.25am? Cheers John

Comment

• Originally posted by airnrail View Post
              Hey Gregg I'm not across all this technical stuff but has it got anything to do with me seeing your T-YSSY4 earlier today for the first time in twelve months - picked up ACA34 about 100km due east of Sydney around 11.25am? Cheers John
              G'day John,

I'm sorry if my rather tongue in cheek post has misled you mate. It had nothing to do with me at all, purely coincidental. However I have had some issues that have kept me quiet lately, one of which has been technical- I simply haven't been able to upload with either the old or new software on my laptop as neither would work. Finally got it licked now though.

It's certainly very different to when there were only two of us uploading here in SYD. Now it's standing room only. Hopefully I can upload a little more often but don't expect to see my code too frequently- those 'F' feeders blitz us most of the time.

Regards, and apologies to our kiwi friends for nicking some space on your thread.
              Gregg

Comment

• 10c/char rental
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                  10c/char rental
                  That's highway robbery!! ... and they call us 'convicts'

Comment

• Poss first timer

00-0174 C17 TREK12

Comment

• Heavy Maint bird doing loopdeloops

Comment

• My new little beast arrived in the country today, can't wait to get it in the post, and get it going

Comment

• Ooppsy.. Cathay had some issues in AKL

A Cathay Pacific passenger has described the moment when an aircraft he was travelling on twice lurched to a halt just moments before take off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                            My new little beast arrived in the country today, can't wait to get it in the post, and get it going
                            2 isn't enough?

My Rpi arrives tomorrow to fiddle with

Comment

• [QUOTE=Oblivian;70744]2 isn't enough?

Using it to replace a dongle that is playing up.

Just have to come up with the customs duty now

Comment

• [QUOTE=Westone;70754]
                                Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                                2 isn't enough?

Using it to replace a dongle that is playing up.

Just have to come up with the customs duty now
                                What have they classified it as to cop that? (or is it based on the GST excess value). Its the sort of thing that usually runs under the radar as it were.

Got my Pi, be interesting to run it a week and see how much the range differs to the beast currently feeding.

Comment

Working...
                                X