New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Data from the old feeder software will stop be accepted on Sep 28.
    Saw this on another thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
      Saw this on another thread
      Going to make a couple of these new guys with non standard apps/decoders running first hard to guide through.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• 004b.jpg

This is my mess on the roof. Antenna at top of 6m pole for the FR24 receiver. Little dish for wireless internet, other antenna & Ipstar dish no longer used for internet. and there is a little 4inch antenna at roof level for the dongle

Comment

• Hi Guys & Gals, just heard the pending arrival of the first LC-130H calling Auckland on HF, callsign Skier Zero Zero. Given that each flight to and from the Christchurch and the Ice Runway are incremented Skier xx one can only assume that 00 is the lead arrival in transit aircraft.

Some time this afternoon I should get a Mode-S capture on the airframe.
          Michael
          Palmerston North,
          New Zealand
          ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• The LC-130H is 73-3300 just over Hawkes Bay.
            Michael
            Palmerston North,
            New Zealand
            ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Dornier 328 N355EF on way into chc
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I see that Air New Zealand's next A320 (ZK-OXK) arrived in Cairns last night as NZ6097

Comment

• Quick question. If you have a beast receiver, what antenna do you have attached to it?? (Looking to upgrade my system)

Comment

• A hideously expensive one Stacked colinear from DPD productions. Quite high gain, till all these FR24 boxes moved in I was primary for as far north as Near nelson and quite a way west (and ground from 13kms away from airport!)

Had someone contact me on the forums here who had a partner heading to the US for 3 days. He ordered them and sent them to her hotel and she bought them back as hand luggage. Made for cheaper freight.
                    DPD Productions has numerous antennas designed specifically for Air/Aviation communications use, shown below. There are models available for the 118-136 MHz voice air band, in both base and mobile versions. These can be utilized by an FBO, or in any type of base ops setup. They can also work as a dedicated receive ante

The one they ship with the 2.0/Radarcape is also well tuned for gain and can be imported. But people have had success with DIY colinear stacks too.
                    Flight Tracking Hardwareprodukte & Softwarelösungen Felderprobt – Hochpräzise – Einzigartig jetvision ist auf der renommierten Luftfahrt-Messe. Besuchen Sie uns in Halle A4, Stand 109 für Infos & Tipps zu... ADS-B, FLARM und Helium Hardware Flight

Comment

• Nearly in Perth..........................on my DC8!

Classic.

DC8.jpg
                      Michael
                      Palmerston North,
                      New Zealand
                      ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• ooooh dear. The picture base has taken a step backward hasn't it.

Comment

• I saw that the day they changed over to Jetphotos. That would look interesting in the full black paint job.

Comment

• Here's another good one. Would have been interesting to see a 737-200 again.

uploadfromtaptalk1442356225997.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                              ooooh dear. The picture base has taken a step backward hasn't it.
                              Sadly it has. Must have been a money thing because Jetphotos has neither the range (number of aircraft) or overall quality of images that Planespotters has. That said though, there are still some excellent individual images there and some of the better photographers do contribute to both although I think they may put their best stuff on Planespotters from what I've seen.

Comment

• aus-1 server just died for anyone else?

Getting no connect

Comment

Working...
                                X