No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you noticed T-MLAT7? I think it is the beta test of Raspbarry Pi MLAT. Not very precise at the moment, but early days.MLAT7.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by Kpin View Post
      Have you noticed T-MLAT7? I think it is the beta test of Raspbarry Pi MLAT. Not very precise at the moment, but early days.[ATTACH=CONFIG]6237[/ATTACH]
      Yeah, they have confirmed it recently on the rpi mlat thread. Seems to mess with the existing regional one. But for something they were going to monitor for a while nice to see it activated in areas already
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Where is this aircraft off too ?? Perhaps caused by Mlat7mlat7.jpg

Comment

• So how many NZ RPi feeders here have converted their's to MLAT yet?

Comment

• I did here in the deep south. I've just noticed though since then FR24 claim it hasn't uploaded any data since I did it, yet it shows full availability, and locally I can see aircraft on the unit, and it shows as connected etc.

Comment

• Just noticed T-MLAT6 is popping up a bit today. Maybe they are testing on both 6 and 7?

2015-07-18 13_25_37-Flightradar24.com - Live flight tracker!.png

Comment

• Originally posted by NZDN3 View Post
                Just noticed T-MLAT6 is popping up a bit today. Maybe they are testing on both 6 and 7?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6243[/ATTACH]
                Noticed the 6's today. The tracks are hilarious sometimes.

There is still a bit of work to do and possibly more receivers will help.

Comment

• Received a USB enclosure antenna I ordered a couple of weeks ago. A cheap but smart one of having the usb dongle inside the antenna. Though I would get one to see what it's like.

Comparing it to one of the cheap ones that come with the USB dongles, that I had sitting right beside it inside it was going quite a bit better. It happily sees 100NM or so which is a distance limited by hills. In the direction it could see it was doing slightly better than the DPD antenna on the roof, though I need to have a look at that sometime, the range is not what it used to be. Flightradars stat page claims 191 miles for possibly a glimpse of the LAN flight, which the F-Receiver sees.

The only thing that I will have to have a look at is possibly putting a bracket upwards to have tome cable ties to attach it to. As can be seen in the photos on the page there are only two small screws that hold it on the bottom to the mount which though it's not that tall I am not sure how they'll last in Wellington wind.

Comment

• And you don't see this very often:

voz9015.jpg

VH-YIQ flew into Wellington this afternoon from Melbourne as VOZ9014 and now onto Napier as VOZ9015, I wonder why?
                    Michael
                    Palmerston North,
                    New Zealand
                    ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
                      And you don't see this very often:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6269[/ATTACH]

VH-YIQ flew into Wellington this afternoon from Melbourne as VOZ9014 and now onto Napier as VOZ9015, I wonder why?
                      Taken from the VA Source
                      Boeing 737-8FE VH-YIQ operated a Melbourne - Wellington charter as VA9014 this morning, continuing Wellington - Napier as VA9015. The charter is in connection with the Melbourne Storm v St George Illawarra Dragons rugby league match in Napier on 25th July.

Comment

• Well thank you Westone, I should have realised, I saw the match advertised during the week as well!
                        Michael
                        Palmerston North,
                        New Zealand
                        ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Quick nip to visit customs then I take it
                          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Air New Zealand 4th 787-9 ZK-NZD is on its delivery flight. Expected to arrive AKL at 8.50pm tonight. Flight NZ6092

Comment

• > So how many NZ RPi feeders here have converted their's to MLAT yet?

Yep - upgraded mine - here's hoping some more NZWN PI users follow so that we can start to resolve some of those B1900s
                              Last edited by dsp; 2015-07-25, 02:16.

Comment

• Hi Everyone, With the new RPi MLAT feeder software I have started building complete all in one units with a GPS for time and a shielded case for the RTL usb stick.

If anyone wants to get on-board and increase the MLAT coverage, but you are not comfortable with Linux etc then I would be happy to help. I don't have an exact price yet, but it will be fairly reasonable. It is intended to only cover the costs. I am extremely keen to see MLAT coverage improve in NZ.

I am new around the forum, so please let me know if this is against the rules in anyway.

Cheers,

Chris021

Comment

Working...
                                X